What is combat log?

so i get banned 7 days for "combat log". Someone please define combat log because drowning yourself its pretty much suicide not combat log. it happenes in real life as well. 

Check the video all the way at the end where i just swim willing to die rather than cops catching me. 

So basically HQ takeover was live and the cops respawn therefore i wanted to leave the combat because it was no point they broke rules. If they wanted my bounty they could of came and get it fair and square

Olympus is over exaggerating of what Combat Log means. I did what i did because it was realistic. This happenes in real life where people suicide after killing few people knowing they going to get caught and suffer. 

I WANT UNBANNED RIGHT NOW. I HAVE NO LIFE AND ALL I DO IS PLAY ON OLYMPUS 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbElmXJUFX4 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Yeah, gonna have to say this isn't the area for a ban appeal. Since you wont make one, Ill do it for you here. DENIED. 

didnt make a ban appeal. i wanted to see what the community has to say not you thank you.

11 minutes ago, McDili said:

If this was allowed, everyone would do terror on Kavala Office building and just jump off the building when cops get the upper hand. How would that be fair?

That sounds bad but as bad as it sounds its more realistic...i would do that in real life too jump off and make sure i land head first 

2 minutes ago, Alexx said:

That sounds bad but as bad as it sounds its more realistic...i would do that in real life too jump off and make sure i land head first 

It's a game. While it is an RP game and we want some realism, we need to have rules that may be deemed unrealistic to keep things fair. To me, what you did is combat log. There's no doubt about it.

Just now, Fat Clemenza said:

It's a game. While it is an RP game and we want some realism, we need to have rules that may be deemed unrealistic to keep things fair. To me, what you did is combat log. There's no doubt about it.

No one has yet answered my question tho. and youre answer havent either 

4 minutes ago, QKSILVR73 said:

dumbest reason to get banned. Swimming and die

He wasnt just swimming and then died, he purposely stayed below the water so that he would drown. Meaning the APD could not apprehend him.

2 minutes ago, Alexx said:

didnt make a ban appeal. i wanted to see what the community has to say not you thank you.

The comparison is drawn to combat logging because you're basically doing something that gets you out of a bounty. Killing yourself to get out of a bounty is the same concept as alt F4'ing to get out of a bounty.

2 minutes ago, McDili said:

The comparison is drawn to combat logging because you're basically doing something that gets you out of a bounty. Killing yourself to get out of a bounty is the same concept as alt F4'ing to get out of a bounty.

a better answer would of been this but thank you. i guess im in the wrong delete this post theres nothing i can do about it wp

Chapter 4: No Combat Logging

Spoiler
  1. Disconnecting or aborting while in an active situation with another player is not allowed.
  2. Killing yourself on purpose while engaged with a player is considered combat logging/fail RP.
  3. Storing a vehicle while engaged with another player is considered combat logging.

⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz  ⛄️ Nerdz 

Just now, Adi said:

Alex there needs to be a line drawn between reality and a video game, otherwise you will get people doing a bunch of dumb shit in game and then attempt to defend themselves by saying "in real life people do that"

as i said Ares banned me for taking a bunch of mushrooms. for 7 days when i first joined and my rp was that the police were raiding my shit and i had to ditch my stash he said since it killed me which i had no idea it did since i was new either way "Combat logging" while in all reality tell me if the police were coming for you knocking your door down. that you would not flush it or take it all to get rid of it. some way or resort to get rid of it and this game compared to real life the adrenaline is alot different so smart decision in real life are much different then in a numbed out time sim of events.

23 minutes ago, Mobundo African Warlord said:

as i said Ares banned me for taking a bunch of mushrooms. for 7 days when i first joined and my rp was that the police were raiding my shit and i had to ditch my stash he said since it killed me which i had no idea it did since i was new either way "Combat logging" while in all reality tell me if the police were coming for you knocking your door down. that you would not flush it or take it all to get rid of it. some way or resort to get rid of it and this game compared to real life the adrenaline is alot different so smart decision in real life are much different then in a numbed out time sim of events.

You didn't know drugs would kill you by eating them. That's understandable. 

Alexxx knew he would drown if he kept himself under water.

These two situations are not comparable. 

2 hours ago, Alexx said:

You said, and I quote "I WANT UNBANNED RIGHT NOW." and then you state this isn't a ban appeal and you just want the communities opinion. ??? That's complete bull shit. If you even want a chance to be un-banned then make a ban appeal. The forums isn't the place to rant about you getting banned. By all means discuss this topic on the forums and suggest rule changes, but not directly because of the fact that it got you banned.

On top of all that, you answered your own question, making your self sound stupid, while saying that your own answer would have been a better answer to your own stupid question.

I am having trouble comprehending your reason for this question if the answer was blatantly available in the rule book that you didn't follow and was the reason you were banned.

/rant & lock thread please

If Olympus is your life, don't show it by posting your rage video on how you got banned for the community to see, you doing this, shows that you're passively trying to give admins a bad name and that they don't know what they are doing, you gain nothing doing this but a lot of facepalms. You and a whole lot of others, when mad, post personal things about yourselves when discipline has been sent down to you to gain some sort of community protest in your favor because that's all a banned player can do in order to get back at admins when you don't agree with the results. I hope this is a lesson for those reading and to you as well, it only makes you look bad and denied any parole from being banned, submit a ticket.

• Admin

As all of our members have mentioned here. This is in fact an RP server but we need a balance because this is after all a game. You know this Alexx, thus the reason you "killed yourself instead of wanting to get taken by the cops". In real life if you kill yourself you are done for, bye bye. You do not come back by just pressing a "respawn" button on your forehead. So yes, this is exploiting a game mechanic. It is a ban, clear and simple. 

Also, when you drive your vehicle into the ocean when in an engagement it is considered combat store. You might think. "I do that in real life and it's fine", but no. In real life you will not get your vehicle back to the garage like nothing happened after a "server restart". There is no "server restart" in real life buddy. 

With that said. Fill out an official ban appeal at http://olympus-entertainment.com/support/ and wait for the admins to review your case. Although the evidence is pretty clear cut. Also, complaining on the forums is not going to help. 

If Olympus is your life, show it and follow the guidelines that are put in place to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Good luck. 

• Like 2