The APD

I know alot of people are mad about this "new" tilda rule and i have something to say. I do believe that it is hard to agree with this when the Chief of Police's quote is from one of the best RP'ers thst this server has seen says "Winning in Altis Life is playing the RPG aspect of the game. When you have a good session and RP the SHIT out of every situation and be reasonable about how you play." - Wheatkings. And for some FU*KING reason the APD can see the players name above CIV'S heads (I dont think that is RP at all but...) . I think it is because the APD is not wanting to RP. Now I am not saying that this applys to all the APD but a good chunk of the APD just stright up does not RP. From what I have seen when the server started EVERYONE RP'ED and it was a great time but sence then the APD'S RP hase been going down hill.

This in no way is ment to be a rage i was just stating my opinion. And if you have nothing good to say dont say it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm gonna reply to this the same way I reply to everyone who brings this up.  Before the tilde guideline, RP was situational.  People RP'd about their charges and what they had done and came up with some GREAT stories and RP really took you places.  After the tilde guideline was put in place, RP became all about one thing, how to identify people.  It was people trying to come up with the most unrealistic bullshit about how cops couldn't possibly know who they are, then the cops would find a way around it, and the people would get pissed about being "robo-copped."  It grew stale fast, people began to NEVER RP their charges and only their names and the lack of ways to do that lead to a VERY repetitive process of the cops figuring out who they were and then both parties going through the most basic motions of processing after that.  So we got rid of the tilde guideline (which was never mandatory in the first place) and suddenly the people who accepted that started giving good situational, original RP again instead of the same old stale bullshit we got while the guideline was in place.  It won't change back.  The sooner everyone accepts that and goes with it, the sooner everything will start to get more fun and you'll see original RP again.  Obviously some people (cops included) just are NOT good at RP, so there will still be bullshit from both sides.  Whether you guys realize it or not though, there is a lot less of this than before, people just see it easier so they complain about it more.

The tilde guideline was a decent idea in theory, but it didn't work out.  Focus on the situation and things become a lot more fun.

• Like 2

Basicly what i did was if you where gonna go on and on about not having this, not having that i would send you straight to county for being an illegal alien or fail RP due to calling out APD rules cause they got caught.. If you don't wanna get caught, then stop fucking do dirty crimes, if you get caught, well stop fucking bitchin and RP your way out of it

^ what he said. :) I still used to ask about their names, or ID card or sth. 

" You can't know my name coz i have no blood no fingerprints no retina, im wearing a mask, and of course I don't have any ID card on me " salty stuff gave fuckin cancer to everyone.

I know everyone loves opinions, so I will share mine too.  personally, I dont like the tilda.  I think cops should need to have probable cause to detain a person.  If a person is caught after an incident and they decide to pull a bunch of BS by saying they have a fake face, no fingerprints, and no blood then you simply take them to HQ, add an expensive John Doe charge, and send their ass straight to jail.  See ya John Doe the Shitter! Boom!  Done deal!  I have always felt that the quality of the RP should not be measured by the interaction that transpires during processing.  RP, IMO, should take place when the person is stopped.  We are trying to RP as cops not public defenders.  Only lawyers actually give a shit what a guilty person says, and thats because they get paid to.  Facts and circumstances, thats it.  If there is no PC, no facts, and no circumstance that warrants stopping, citing, or jailing the person then leave em be.  Anyways, opinions are like ass holes and mine stinks like the rest, lol.  The Chief of Police has stated that APD can use tilda.  He is the final authority as it pertains to this issue.  I still play as I always have.  It really does not affect me, other then there is no John Doe charge >:(.  This simply means those with warrants need to be more careful and shouldnt be fuckin off around Kavala square when the APD are around.  You would think it would actually make things more exciting for criminals.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Muthinator said:

I know everyone loves opinions, so I will share mine too.  personally, I dont like the tilda.  I think cops should need to have probable cause to detain a person.  If a person is caught after an incident and they decide to pull a bunch of BS by saying they have a fake face, no fingerprints, and no blood then you simply take them to HQ, add an expensive John Doe charge, and send their ass straight to jail.  See ya John Doe the Shitter! Boom!  Done deal!  I have always felt that the quality of the RP should not be measured by the interaction that transpires during processing.  RP, IMO, should take place when the person is stopped.  We are trying to RP as cops not public defenders.  Only lawyers actually give a shit what a guilty person says, and thats because they get paid to.  Facts and circumstances, thats it.  If there is no PC, no facts, and no circumstance that warrants stopping, citing, or jailing the person then leave em be.  Anyways, opinions are like ass holes and mine stinks like the rest, lol.  The Chief of Police has stated that APD can use tilda.  He is the final authority as it pertains to this issue.  I still play as I always have.  It really does not affect me, other then there is no John Doe charge >:(.  This simply means those with warrants need to be more careful and shouldnt be fuckin off around Kavala square when the APD are around.  You would think it would actually make things more exciting for criminals.

FOR FUCK SAKE. STOP WITH THE DAMN JOHN DOE CHARGE.

I don't know about you guys. But if I catch you. It is either going to be good rp. Or I'm going to rush through it and move on to the next. If you want to be a dumb dick and make my job a pain. Than I'm going to speed through the process with no fucks given on what you have to say. If you want to rp with me. I'm down for a nice hour long rp session as long as there isn't a situation going on. Plain and simple guys. If you don't like the speedy processing. That stop trying to find ways out of the ticket. Chances are it's not going to happen. Rp the situation and move on

Edited by Gidgit
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, brodyunderwood1 said:

The tilde guideline was a decent idea in theory, but it didn't work out.  Focus on the situation and things become a lot more fun.

And the only reason it did not work is because when there are stupid civ saying there is no way on earth that you can ID me the cops just give up because the only officers that RP is some corps and most of the SAPD

18 minutes ago, Stix said:

And the only reason it did not work is because when there are stupid civ saying there is no way on earth that you can ID me the cops just give up because the only officers that RP is some corps and most of the SAPD

That was a MAJOR MAJOR issue with it, BUT that was not the only reason the tilde guideline did not work.  As I said above, it drew the focus of RP between cop and civ away from the situation and into identification.  Situational RP produces a lot more original and dynamic RP than what we saw with the tilde guideline in place.  With the focus on indentification (and in most cases ONLY identification), there are only so many ways for the RP to go, and unless the civ was producing RP that was worthy of an Oscar the cop would always come out on top.  This lead to most civs (who are by no means worthy of an Oscar nomination for the RP they produce) going down 1 of 2 paths.

1. Eventually realizing they didn't have much of a chance of getting out of being identified (probably only after being caught a few times), they would just give in and there would be a short processing session with nothing original from either side.

or 2.  As you brought up, the civs would try some bullshit excuse each time and get pissed at the cops for not letting them go for their bullshit excuse.  Some people don't seem to understand that good RP isn't measured by how much you are willing to let someone get away with, but that's a tangent for another time.

The civ bullshit wasn't the problem with the tilde guideline, it was only an effect that stemmed from the REAL problems with the tilde guideline.

Few side notes:

1. Not all RP is about getting out of charges on your ticket.  From the moment someone logs in as a cop they are RPing as a cop and the RP that takes place during processing doesn't have to be about how to get out of your charges either.  Make it situational, make it original, and you WILL have more fun of a time than if your motivation is purely to get out of charges.

2.  The SAPD renouncing the tilde guideline did NOT change any rules the APD had to follow.  While the tilde guideline was still in place people did NOT have to RP as if they didn't know your name.  With the current SAPD they were NOT punished for RPing as if they already knew who you were.  With the current SAPD they were NOT held back from promotions if they chose to not follow the tilde guideline as long as they still produced good RP.  With the tilde guideline gone, cops can STILL RP as if they do not know your name.  They are NOT valued more highly for doing so than someone who puts just as much effort/quality into their RP without following the old methods from the tilde guideline.  Literally NOTHING has changed except the number of people who believe that it is okay to RP as if you know someone's name already when you start processing.  Yes, in the past, when there were different standards and seniors for the APD, some people were denied promotions for not following the tilde guideline, however this has NOT been the way things were handled for quite a while.

3.  Before the tilde guideline was put into effect, I never had a problem as an officer that stemmed from the quality of RP.  Problems back then pretty much occured because someone was salty they got caught, or a REAL rule was broken.  Only once the tilde guideline was put into effect did a good percentage of the people on the server get bitter about the way they were processed.  There were relatively few problems before, there should be relatively few problems now, however people need to accept the change again before that can happen.

2 hours ago, John Linka said:

Sir "The Shitter ®"  is copy righted by Linka Inc.

Please ask for permission before you use this, thank you.

How about Sir 'Linka the Shitter' copyright by Mr. Pablo emporium