Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Search Warrant Discussion

Search Warrants

1. Search Warrants allow officers to enter a premises in order to capture suspects and search the premises for contraband.
  2. Sergeants and higher can issue Search Warrants.  The issuing officer must be present to exercise the Warrant.
  3. The Sergeant or higher that is exercising the Warrant must state that the home will be raided before exercising the Warrant.
  4. Only Sergeants are allowed to search the contents of a houses virtual inventory and crates.  All contraband materials can be removed from the storage and seized.  Any officers not authorized found going through storage will receive severe disciplinary punishment.
  5. The Search of crates and inventory must be announced prior to a Sergeant searching the storage/crates.
  6. When there is no proper ranking APD members (Corporals or higher) or admins online, APD members may not raid any houses.

Proposal:

I propose an edit to only allow Search and Seizure to happen if a Weapon or Item Goes missing during a Active situation.

Reason:

In populated areas such as kavala, sometimes, evil snakes open house doors. Then Rookists enter the doors while the owner is 4 km away. To protect the privacy and rights of said house owner i propose to only allow search and seizures if a weapon or item goes missing in a house (if not found on player). As currently there is no rule difference between search warrants or raid warrants besides having to be a SGT.

Please only constructive feedback.

I do realize nobody wants power taken away but it will protect the rights of Altis and Tanoa Citizens

@Fat Clemenza @Low Tier Senior Andrew @Lucki @McDili @Peter Long @Grandma Gary

• Like 7

Reason we have rights to search your house after raiding it is to discourage you from camping it. PO's and Deputies will cry to any higher up to get on as no matter what they do you're in a fortress. Nobody can get in without exploiting and they can't lethal you neither.

Also, with perm keys being passed around we half the time are unable to even search the house or break the doors down as the owner is not online. Though I do think a lot of the feedback on here will be biased as people do not get the ability to raid houses and don't see much need behind it, but from point of view from CIV / COP I can tell you that having a house in a good scat spot with no Corporals + is best way to get 100 kills.

Just now, Low Tier Senior Andrew said:

Reason we have rights to search your house after raiding it is to discourage you from camping it. PO's and Deputies will cry to any higher up to get on as no matter what they do you're in a fortress. Nobody can get in without exploiting and they can't lethal you neither.

Also, with perm keys being passed around we half the time are unable to even search the house or break the doors down as the owner is not online. Though I do think a lot of the feedback on here will be biased as people do not get the ability to raid houses and don't see much need behind it, but from point of view from CIV / COP I can tell you that having a house in a good scat spot with no Corporals + is best way to get 100 kills.

I 100% Agree how about we added something about if owner is in House then search is authorized. As Rival rebels could technically break into a house to get it searched and that's dirty. 

I'd agree with the owner/someone that has key needs to be part of the situation for the house to be searched. If someone glitches inside your house to get it raided/searched, that would suck.

But then again, people could abuse it and let their friend in without giving them keys...

• Like 1

I do see a need for searching to deter people from camping houses, although I also noticed lately, personally, people being in my houses when i spawn in due to those fucking snakes

39 minutes ago, Fedot said:

I 100% Agree how about we added something about if owner is in House then search is authorized. As Rival rebels could technically break into a house to get it searched and that's dirty. 

If the owner's offline, and the rebels have Bolt cutter's found on them during processing it's pretty clear they broke into someone's house. I don't see how this is an issue anyways as House warrant situations happen once in awhile, not very common in other words.  

• Like 1
Just now, Talindor said:

If rebels have Bolt cutter's found on them during processing it's pretty clear they broke into someone's house. I don't see how this is an issue anyways as House warrant situations happen once in awhile, not very common in other words.  

Exactly, but ive never seen a SGT+ who just raids and does not search. My suggestion is just adding a little safeguard, for privacy ofc

1 hour ago, Fedot said:

Exactly, but ive never seen a SGT+ who just raids and does not search. My suggestion is just adding a little safeguard, for privacy ofc

Realistically, how often do you see a house being searched? Not very often. And there are a few times where we don't search the house, or are unable to search the house because the owner isn't online.

By law, officers are allowed to search you and any area immediately around you to make sure evidence was not hidden. How do we know you didn't have a bunch of magazines, grenades, weed, etc. on you? The amount of times that a SGT+ is on while a house needs to be raided is fairly small.

3 hours ago, Fedot said:

I do see a need for searching to deter people from camping houses, although I also noticed lately, personally, people being in my houses when i spawn in due to those fucking snakes

Yes but if a snake opens the doors a player may enter but wont be able to lock the door anyways so the cops wouldn't have to break down the door

3 hours ago, Fedot said:

Proposal:

I propose an edit to only allow Search and Seizure to happen if a Weapon or Item Goes missing during a Active situation.

Reason:

In populated areas such as kavala, sometimes, evil snakes open house doors. Then Rookists enter the doors while the owner is 4 km away. To protect the privacy and rights of said house owner i propose to only allow search and seizures if a weapon or item goes missing in a house (if not found on player). As currently there is no rule difference between search warrants or raid warrants besides having to be a SGT.

Please only constructive feedback.

I do realize nobody wants power taken away but it will protect the rights of Altis and Tanoa Citizens

@Fat Clemenza @Low Tier Senior Andrew @Lucki @McDili @Peter Long @Grandma Gary

Fedot, 

If a snake opens said owner's house, and a rookist comes in and closes the door and shoots within the house, he does not have keys to lock himself in there to hide from the cops it's pretty obvious, how he got there.

But if he locks himself in the house it's a different story.

Lets not forget, that just because someone isn't the owner of a house, doesn't always mean that they don't have the ability to access crates or inventory. There is no way for an officer to know if the people in said house obtained the key through legitimate means (which would mean the owner could give them access to crates but not show them as owner) or if they lockpicked it and were just hiding inside.  That is enough for a reasonable man to think that something illegal may be occurring in the house.  Probable Cause.  This is what would make it unreasonable to change the rule to what you've proposed.  at least in my opinion.  (inb4 @Peter Long comes in with "FUCK YOUR OPINION" :P)  

@Talindor

also just realized it was @Fedot who originally posted this my bad.

• Head Admin
9 hours ago, Fedot said:

If they break into the house the doors are not going to be locked and the rebel clearly does not have keys.  If some random rookist with a bolt cutter runs past a house that he spots crates in the bolt cuts it and kills cops the house would not be raided.

10 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

If they break into the house the doors are not going to be locked and the rebel clearly does not have keys.  If some random rookist with a bolt cutter runs past a house that he spots crates in the bolt cuts it and kills cops the house would not be raided.

@JakeFromStateFarm700 Fucked around and got my house raided he had no keys, that fucker

26 minutes ago, Fedot said:

@JakeFromStateFarm700 Fucked around and got my house raided he had no keys, that fucker

Then he exploited into your house. The point Gary is making is that the cops have to assume that they got in with keys if the doors are locked. They can't just assume everyone exploited inside.

If like vehicles, the houses showed everyone who had keys then we could make the judgement right then and there and only search it if the person inside was a key holder. But we don't have that, so we gotta work with what we got.

In my experience before raiding a house I have always texted the owner if they weren't there and told them that if they didn't respond to me in the next minute that they were on the way, that I'd be forced to raid and search the house.

10 hours ago, McDili said:

Then he exploited into your house. The point Gary is making is that the cops have to assume that they got in with keys if the doors are locked. They can't just assume everyone exploited inside.

If like vehicles, the houses showed everyone who had keys then we could make the judgement right then and there and only search it if the person inside was a key holder. But we don't have that, so we gotta work with what we got.

In my experience before raiding a house I have always texted the owner if they weren't there and told them that if they didn't respond to me in the next minute that they were on the way, that I'd be forced to raid and search the house.

No the doors were just unlocked,

So how about the suggestion of texting the owner if the owner is not currently in the situation. As personally I would like to know if someone is being a bad boy/girl in my house.

I know that these rules wont get pushed but Im hoping for Less Grey Area when dealing with house searches