I don't know how to fix this

For some fucking reason when I'm in my scope ARCO or MRCO or any scope, my distances are fucked. I will get the range on a target, for example like an incident that occurred yesterday: I was shooting somebody that was 690 meters out. I get the EXACT range, and when I aim in and line up the shot I will shot where 690 meters is (or any other range) and when I shoot, the bullet will land like 50 - 100 meters Higher than it should be. I've tried this at all angles, shooting upwards, shooting downwards, on flat ground. It's ALL the fucking same. I think this is a scope glitch that has something to do with changing your fov. I'm on default (70) like I have been forever now but I do have other profiles that are on 60 fov, and 70 fov. And I don't know if that has to do with anything. And this is the first time I have encountered something like this. And I have no idea to 100% fix this problem, HALP!!!

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

For some fucking reason when I'm in my scope ARCO or MRCO or any scope, my distances are fucked. I will get the range on a target, for example like an incident that occurred yesterday: I was shooting somebody that was 690 meters out. I get the EXACT range, and when I aim in and line up the shot I will shot where 690 meters is (or any other range) and when I shoot, the bullet will land like 50 - 100 meters Higher than it should be. I've tried this at all angles, shooting upwards, shooting downwards, on flat ground. It's ALL the fucking same. I think this is a scope glitch that has something to do with changing your fov. I'm on default (70) like I have been forever now. And this is the first time I have encountered something like this. And I have no way to 100% fix this problem, HALP!!!

The RCO line of scopes are better fitted for DMRs like the MK variants, not snipers such as the Lynx or LLR

9 minutes ago, Brennan said:

The RCO line of scopes are better fitted for DMRs like the MK variants, not snipers such as the Lynx or LLR

?? Its not the scopes itself. It's a weird bug. using the RCO won't and didn't change anything. I already tested it, and it did no better than the AR or MR. This isn't a built in Arma 3 thing, its a bug or some type of glitch.

Try going into vr training.

Grab yourself range finders to confirm the distance and do some test shooting.

Make sure you understand the mil dot system (Not my image): http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532890227348279602/F9C75A2D1C447713C40F2FDEDF21EDCCD9E64F79/

Each dot under the 300m mark represents another 100m of distance. Also make sure that you've zeroed your sights correctly. Default keys for this are page up and page down. Zeroing your scope to 500m will change your center mark to that range.

28 minutes ago, Jorbis said:

Make sure you understand the mil dot system (Not my image): http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532890227348279602/F9C75A2D1C447713C40F2FDEDF21EDCCD9E64F79/

Each dot under the 300m mark represents another 100m of distance. Also make sure that you've zeroed your sights correctly. Default keys for this are page up and page down. Zeroing your scope to 500m will change your center mark to that range.

I know all of that shit and I've already tried it. Doesn't change, the scope's and ranges are still fucked

Does this happen at flat trajectories? When you shoot uphill you'll experience what appears to be a heavier drop. And when you shoot downhill, you'll see less.

I know FOV can affect it but if you're playing at default FOV then idk why that's happening to you.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Does this happen at flat trajectories? When you shoot uphill you'll experience what appears to be a heavier drop. And when you shoot downhill, you'll see less.

I know FOV can affect it but if you're playing at default FOV then idk why that's happening to you.

I've tried it all trajectories, flat, downhill, uphill, its all the same. This glitch is so annoying.

17 hours ago, Jorbis said:

I never knew about the 100m mark... It seems like I'd be shooting at the ground at that angle...  Usually at that distance I use the red dot.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lucki said:

I never knew about the 100m mark... It seems like I'd be shooting at the ground at that angle...  Usually at that distance I use the red dot.

Can't personally verify that 100m mark. Had to snag an image made by someone else to illustrate it.

You're right on that, seems like you'd be hitting the ground with that marker.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:31 AM, Lucki said:

you shouldnt have to use it... the bullet should go pretty straight for around 200 meters then there will be a slight drop