Make the hospitals back to how they were? yes or no

@Muthinator I understand you took a while making the hospitals like that, but even people with i7 4790k's and 980 gtx are still getting like 15 frames when they go near it, so there must be something wrong. Every time i go near a hospital my frames go to 10-15 or i get a texture bug which is causing me to restart my game or my frames will be shit until i do. Post what u think should happen and if he should remove all the useless stuff in the building. Please no flaming people and telling people to rope there self's this time, i want this post to stay up for more than a day :)

Made a little strawpoll if u want to Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/10907436

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 2

Personally the hospitals give me no issues with fps. I guess sometimes when I log in on medic it will take a few seconds to load it fully but that is it. On a side note does anyone have any solutions to arma crashing due to running out of memory? I have 16 gigs of ram and I am confident it is not actually all being used (yes I did set it to 16 gigs on my launch options).  To go off of what you were saying Rusty I.E. the FPS glitch does anyone know if it is an arma thing in general or something that the devs are working on fixing? I have an i7 6700k, an asus 1080 strix, 16 gigs of ram and I still get that shit. It has been really frustrating over the past few weeks and I am curious what if anything can/is being done to fix the issue.

• Like 2

Strawpoll won't do ya any good, just needs to be a discussion.

So I'm going to post my opinion. But before I do, everyone should know that I'm unbiased to this issue. I have a GTX 1080, a 6700k, and 16GB 2400MHz RAM. So even though I do get a frame drop at the airfield hospital, I can still fight okay thanks to my rig being over the top.

I'll go test the FPS difference when I get home tonight to provide actual numbers of how much my FPS drops because I don't really pay too much attention to the numbers but usually in that area of the map I'm anywhere between 80-100 FPS. If I go to the airfield hospital, I definitely drop well below 80. I don't know exactly what number I drop down too. It feels close to 40-60 which is still adequate to fight with. But that's a pretty major drop regardless. That being said, I'm just speculating. I'll have actual numbers tonight to show the difference. The other hospitals I don't notice so much. Might be because of my rig, but they have significantly less going on with them compared to the Airfield hospital so it makes sense that I might not notice it.

I understand that @Muthinator has put countless hours into this. And I think it's worth discussing as long as we look at the facts instead of talking about opinion.

Here's what I implore you players to do for the sake of this discussion. Post screenshots of your settings and post your specs. Then record and upload a video showing how your frames change when you go to the airfield hospital. It will do so much more to actually have concrete data to support one argument or another.

And please, try to remain considerate. Whatever your opinion is, Muthinator spent hours upon hours of his own time to make the hospitals awesome. That doesn't mean they're perfect, but obviously there is going to be sentimental value there for anyone who spends that amount of time on anything. So try to remain civil and objective.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Strawpoll won't do ya any good, just needs to be a discussion.

So I'm going to post my opinion. But before I do, everyone should know that I'm unbiased to this issue. I have a GTX 1080, a 6700k, and 16GM 2400MHz RAM. So even though I do get a frame drop at the airfield hospital, I can still fight okay thanks to my rig being over the top.

I'll go test the FPS difference when I get home tonight to provide actual numbers of how much my FPS drops because I don't really pay too much attention to the numbers but usually in that area of the map I'm anywhere between 80-100 FPS. If I go to the airfield hospital, I definitely drop well below 80. I don't know exactly what number I drop down too. It feels close to 40-60 which is still adequate to fight with. But that's a pretty major drop regardless. That being said, I'm just speculating. I'll have actual numbers tonight to show the difference. The other hospitals I don't notice so much. Might be because of my rig, but they have significantly less going on with them compared to the Airfield hospital so it makes sense that I might not notice it.

I understand that @Muthinator has put countless hours into this. And I think it's worth discussing as long as we look at the facts instead of talking about opinion.

Here's what I implore you players to do for the sake of this discussion. Post screenshots of your settings and post your specs. Then record and upload a video showing how your frames change when you go to the airfield hospital. It will do so much more to actually have concrete data to support one argument or another.

And please, try to remain considerate. Whatever your opinion is, Muthinator spent hours upon hours of his own time to make the hospitals awesome. That doesn't mean they're perfect, but obviously there is going to be sentimental value there for anyone who spends that amount of time on anything. So try to remain civil and objective.

It would appear that you have the same rig as me, are you still having your game crash from running out of memory?

1 minute ago, Solomon said:

It would appear that you have the same rig as me, are you still having your game crash from running out of memory?

I have only had it happen to me once on Altis, few times in Tanoa for sure.

The one time it happened on Altis I was in Kavala on civ and fighting. I had my game open for about 3-4 hours at that point. And yes we have the exact same card. 

I don't know if it matters too much but my game is also installed on my SSD.

For my settings, I'm running almost identically the same settings as the ones posted here: 

The one texture bug issue I had was the other day. But that's the only time it ever happened to me on Altis. I see others getting it a lot more often than I do.

12 minutes ago, McDili said:

I have only had it happen to me once on Altis, few times in Tanoa for sure.

The one time it happened on Altis I was in Kavala on civ and fighting. I had my game open for about 3-4 hours at that point. And yes we have the exact same card. 

I don't know if it matters too much but my game is also installed on my SSD.

For my settings, I'm running almost identically the same settings as the ones posted here: 

The one texture bug issue I had was the other day. But that's the only time it ever happened to me on Altis. I see others getting it a lot more often than I do.

Alright I will give that a try, thanks

Just now, Solomon said:

Alright I will give that a try, thanks

Just a word of caution, the last step in that guide about unparking cores.... I would ignore it. Shortens the life of your CPU and really only makes a difference for laptop owners.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, McDili said:

Just a word of caution, the last step in that guide about unparking cores.... I would ignore it. Shortens the life of your CPU and really only makes a difference for laptop owners.

I suppose I can use the same method for parking it again right? I'll check out the app. 

I just went in-game to actually test what numbers I was seeing.

By frog factory, south of airfield, and north of platinum I'd get average ~70FPS.

At the airfield hospital, I was getting between 60-65 FPS.

So a 5-10 frame difference. Not a big deal for people with good rigs. As I posted earlier I have a 1080, 6700k, and 16GB ram. Going from 70 to 60 is not that noticeable to me.

But considering I have shadows completely disabled and have many settings at the lowest possible spot, I'd say others who have less powerful rigs will probably see different results.

I have probably half the power of your rig Mcdili and I don't feel a difference around hospital, granted I do get texture bugged now and then but I get that at all different spots!! Turn down the decor detail in the y menu settings n all that shit n maybe even lower the object detail too that will help a lot 

1 minute ago, RogueMK said:

I have probably half the power of your rig Mcdili and I don't feel a difference around hospital, granted I do get texture bugged now and then but I get that at all different spots!! Turn down the decor detail in the y menu settings n all that shit n maybe even lower the object detail too that will help a lot 

Sure, I don't feel a difference between 70 and 60 FPS. I'm just putting out the data.

Guest G.O.A.T.

I know there is an issue on Bohemia's end regarding the texture glitch, but when it does occur for me it's usually:

When I'm fighting cops

or

When the hospital renders in.

Not pointing fingers or anything, just stating my observations.

The only hospital I have really any FPS drop in at all is the airfield one can't really seem to understand it though. I pull around 50FPS at the Kavala hospital but if I ever deploy on the airfield hospital I get around 40, this isn't really a huge deal for me but I could see how some people would be effected by it.