get rid of new hospitals

11 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Yeah definitely makes sense. I just don't get these kind of issues. Obviously depends on the rig. Although I am almost sure the texture loading issues I saw on a video had to have started after the APEX update. I did drop frames when I reached the hospital. I would say about 6 to 8 frames. I did fly to Athira to see how much of an impact it had on my frames and I dropped about 15 frames but no one complains about the cities because obviously they are out of our controls. 

The point I'm bringing is that I get a lot more frame drops in the cities that on the hospitals and people fight in the cities a lot as well. We are open to more video evidence to see the variety of performance decrease on the different setups though. 

I am not sure why the devs would encourage ANY thing within YOUR control that clearly does drop a significant amount of frames. For PC's that get 40 fps, 8 frames is 20%..... That's just my opinion

Edited by LornItar
13 hours ago, McDili said:

You're all free to share your opinions, we aren't going to come down on that.

But if you're trying to make something change, it's simply not happening this way.

As I said every time this pops up, record your difference of FPS and any other anomalies that pop up as you enter the vicinity of a hospital to show evidence of significant performance decrease. If this doesn't happen, we have absolutely no data to justify any changes. Simple as that.

remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down

• Like 1
Just now, Matt The Savage said:

because there are two videos up already and i don't record

You're free to complain as much as you want (Ya know, as long you are within rules of course) but if you refuse to do your part to contribute data to reinforce your complaints then you aren't going to be taken very seriously.

Two videos is awesome. But it's one person's experience. Goat gets a 10 frame drop. So do I. But we need to see how it affects a wider range of PCs. If it's truly an issue that players want us to address, then they'll spend the 2 minutes it takes to record it.

21 hours ago, Muthinator said:

You all can take time out of your days to bitch about about a problem on the forms.  Yet, when you're asked to present evidence to support your claim, nothing.  So unless people are going to produce some evidence I say cry some more.

If you can take a bunch of clips and make a montage, then taking a few clips to prove your issue shouldn't be a problem.

DELETE THE GOD DAMN FIRES AT THE HOSPITALS

On August 30, 2016 at 9:12 PM, McDili said:

You're all free to share your opinions, we aren't going to come down on that.

But if you're trying to make something change, it's simply not happening this way.

As I said every time this pops up, record your difference of FPS and any other anomalies that pop up as you enter the vicinity of a hospital to show evidence of significant performance decrease. If this doesn't happen, we have absolutely no data to justify any changes. Simple as that.

How is this not obvious. I have a i7-6800k, GTX 1080 and 32 gigs of RAM. It's a 4K gaming PC and it can handle any game I play on. It's not Internet because I have the best we can get. (60 Mb download) I get playable frames in cities, but there's occasionally frame bugs that get me killed.

The majority of the server would rather remove all of the new stuff in the hospitals and play with a better framerate then having pretty looking hospitals and I am sure that if the community took an official poll that removing it would win by a landslide. I don't understand why we need to contribute data to the decision when everyone already knows that the fps is awful there. I'll gladly go in game and show you the fps difference I get but everyone already knows that they get lower fps at hospitals. Can't we just see what the olympus community thinks in an official vote or poll made by the admins and if more than %75 or some percentage agrees that they'd rather remove it we just listen to the people and remove the additions made to the hospitals.