So i had posted a post breakdown in Mods !!

Eventually the post led to tkcjessie posting about my post and he got onto a point of mine and rule breakers. He mentioned that all life servers are plauged with rule breakers. This got me thinking about a way to fix rule breakers. Of course there will always be some rule breakers but hopefully the admins really consider this as i think it would be. So ill be copying what i said.

Strawpoll - http://www.strawpoll.me/11647838/

Post 1

"@Peter Long@Poseidon@tkcjesse

Make server 2 whitelisted and only allow people who are members on the fourms to join? "

Post 2

"Wont happen, 

1. staff are already up to there necks with reports, but trying to white list hundreds of hundreds of people is not what they want to do.

2. Will only decrease the amount of kavala scatters that are on the serve, a lot of people make the sacrifice to rdm or fail rp by killing their restrained friend and then just accepted the ban. my friends have done it and I've been the victim of being killed while in restraints, white listing hundreds of people is not going to help.

3. Many gangs are server oriented, meaning that they only play on one server and not on the other, so having one server with potentially less people and hypothetically less rule breakers would be unfair to the other gangs that are based on the other server. wouldn't be fair.

Staff and all wont do it, and i wouldn't want to have to get white listed to just go on and play civ and shoot some cops and to go scat"

Post 3

"I get where your coming from but the way you look at white listing and how this would work is very naive and felt like you took little time to write this and dident look it over at all. So i guess ill break down another post.

" 1. staff are already up to there necks with reports, but trying to white list hundreds of hundreds of people is not what they want to do." - Your fourm profile is linked to your steam 64 bit ID aka your Arma 3 Player ID. Making this system automated would be very easy as a big part of this is already done. If you still don't understand ill explain in a way you may get. Lets say your a member on fourms this in turn would make you a member in game if your a Admirable Member then in turn your a Admirable member in game. See easy.

" 2. Will only decrease the amount of kavala scatters that are on the serve, a lot of people make the sacrifice to rdm or fail rp by killing their restrained friend and then just accepted the ban. my friends have done it and I've been the victim of being killed while in restraints, white listing hundreds of people is not going to help." - Decreasing scatters can be seen as a good thing honestly. And most KavScats are members+ like did you actually think this through? No random is gonna join Olympus and start scatting instantly they're gonna need money and they're more than likely getting rdmed so they'll goto fourms and make a account and they'll likely browse fourms and start posting etc. Your right some people will gladly take a ban so here is a fix double the length of bans on the whitelisted server or ban them from the server for a amount of time and make them only allowed to play on the non whitelisted server and also ban them on the non whitelisted server for a amount of time but it should be less than the whitelisted server.

" 3. Many gangs are server oriented, meaning that they only play on one server and not on the other, so having one server with potentially less people and hypothetically less rule breakers would be unfair to the other gangs that are based on the other server. wouldn't be fair." - Yes many gangs are. Most people in gangs are members+. "so having one server with potentially less people and hypothetically less rule breakers would be unfair to the other gangs that are based on the other server." ok so heres how this would ACTUALLY work out. If people actually cared theyed move to the whitelisted server to make their gang as profitable as possible and yes this would work we have many many many members on the fourms and many many many many many non fourm players. S1 = Non-Fourm players S2 - Member+ server. And the whole unfair thing makes you sound childish yes it would be unfair suck it up the gang could easily fix it by holding a meeting and saying "Everyone sell your houses we're moving to Server 2 if your not a Member become one in 1 week or else you will be kicked." So yes its fair.

I say this again, this would fix rdm a fuck ton anyone whose done with rdm will just move the S2 and the little RDM on S2 should be taken very seriously and the person who did it should be punished severely and this isent just rdm, NLR, FailRp, etc should all be taken very seriously"

TL;DR - Basically make S2 whitelisted for members on the fourms only.

I think this would help get rid of most of the rule breaking that plagues Olympus. Ill just say some things if your a TL;DR kind of person. This wont fix all the rule breaking but most. If admins / Poseidon do this hopefully they make the bans on the whitelisted server a lot more severe than on the non whitelisted server. The whitelisting process should / would be automatic using your Arma 3 Player ID / Steam 64 bit ID as it is linked to your profile on fourms basically meaning if your a Member on the fourms your a Member in game if your a Admirable Member on fourms your Admirable Member in game. Gangs wouldent be a problem as most gang members are members on fourms. 

Edited by Strafe

It still wouldn't be fair to the other server gangs - Not only would they lose a HUGE (https://i.imgflip.com/w990w.jpg) amount of profit from selling their houses, but they would need to buy Server 2 houses, which might be already taken by someone in a server 2 gang. Also, player slots are a extremely pressing issue even in November, so instead of 200 slots we make a server that everyone wants to join 100 slots? There is literally no logic in that. There is a LOT more I could say to counter this but for now I am just going to go with that we should stick with what we have now. One of the #1 things that make Olympus great is its Light RP and NO whitelist for Civilian.

Personally I can speak for the support team that we get A HUGE (https://i.imgflip.com/w990w.jpg) (thanks rex) amount of people who come in talking about people breaking rules, but confining all the people to 1 server already developed would be horrible. Gangs like VX who are only on s1 would no longer exist. It's worth my time to answer questions about reports all day to keep the server clean rather than whitelisting servers and killing half the community IMO 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

if you make one server whit listed only, you have to do it with the other one, rules are fine as is but not a lot of people would be willing to come in just to shit around if they had to white list

What?

11 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It still wouldn't be fair to the other server gangs - Not only would they lose a HUGE (https://i.imgflip.com/w990w.jpg) amount of profit from selling their houses, but they would need to buy Server 2 houses, which might be already taken by someone in a server 2 gang. Also, player slots are a extremely pressing issue even in November, so instead of 200 slots we make a server that everyone wants to join 100 slots? There is literally no logic in that. There is a LOT more I could say to counter this but for now I am just going to go with that we should stick with what we have now. One of the #1 things that make Olympus great is its Light RP and NO whitelist for Civilian.

Maybe than offer them full price for it make all houses sell for 100% for 2 - 3 days. and i get it is a problem with slots donations are the only way to fix that problem i still stand with what i said a whitelisted server would be good for olympus.

5 minutes ago, Pledge said:

Personally I can speak for the support team that we get A HUGE (https://i.imgflip.com/w990w.jpg) (thanks rex) amount of people who come in talking about people breaking rules, but confining all the people to 1 server already developed would be horrible. Gangs like VX who are only on s1 would no longer exist. It's worth my time to answer questions about reports all day to keep the server clean rather than whitelisting servers and killing half the community IMO 

We're not confining anyone if you want on S2 a server with less rule breakers then join fourms and post for 1 - 2 weeks. S1 gangs can change over easily see above. I dont see how whitlisting servers would kill half of the community. Im saying S1 should be for people who are randoms or people who dont care much about rule breakers and take the game seriously S2 should be for dedicated players of olympus but it shouldent have 100 whitelisted players every person who has the rank "Member" on fourms should be welcomed on S2 but they should know that if they fuck up it will be taken much more serious than if it was on S1 i feel like it would keep both server on 70-100 players but act as a sort of filter.

Not alot of time to rebudle these sorry guys.

Also no time to check spelling sorry.

18 hours ago, buckie said:

Strafe u dont even play the server anymore

Is this a insult? Sorry i dont play arma for 40 hours a week anymore.