Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

4 minutes ago, McDili said:

IS "Islamic State" was on Server 3 doing not so well against BurBan about 2 years and 4 months ago. They switched to server 2 in September of 14 and eventually were forced to change their name, and that's when Moob made the temporary name "Moob n Co"

It ended up sticking.

You mean when KI was kicking butt bandits around the map

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

You have to be insane if you think a Best of 1, in some random location is a "fair fight". Maybe if it was a best of 3 or 5 and fought at cartels. I don't understand why we dont have GW at cartels since those are where people go to fight everyday and I'd say knowing how to attack/defend the cartel is part of your skill. Cartels are the PVP part of Altis Life. Professional players for other games, part of them being skilled is knowing every part of every map. 

Also if that is true then there is definitely something up there that would also make me feel like it isn't a "fair fight"

You're looking at it wrong. How is it not a fair fight? Sides are a coin-toss and the area was voted on. Neither gangs have experience at this location and no one knows the best positioning. Usually the better gang will be able to flex their ability to fight off cartels and adjust to the new location. None of this is "one-sided" or "MCPD MCOS LOL MC HANDED WINS HAHAA" we fought just like anyone else, with the same odds as everyone else.

2 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

You have to be insane if you think a Best of 1, in some random location is a "fair fight". Maybe if it was a best of 3 or 5 and fought at cartels. I don't understand why we dont have GW at cartels since those are where people go to fight everyday and I'd say knowing how to attack/defend the cartel is part of your skill. Cartels are the PVP part of Altis Life. Professional players for other games, part of them being skilled is knowing every part of every map. 

Also if that is true then there is definitely something up there that would also make me feel like it isn't a "fair fight"

please explain how you understand the quote "FAIR FIGHT"

as from what i witnessed today everything was fair!? each team got a flip of a coin to decide on what side they wanted, each team leader got to choose their roster, location wasnt released untill the day of gangwars? the list goes on...

How much fairer could you want it?

Just now, SystemChips said:

If knowing every part of every map is the skill in question here then I'd say MC had the edge since they knew the arena they were playing in OR they had the edge in having the skill to adapt to any environment.

Also

"You have to be insane if you think a Best of 1, in some random location is a "fair fight"."

LBM55wY.gif

Guest G.O.A.T.
7 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

Don't worry boys, I found the source of the fight being 'not fair'.

64784f26d537e72960307f697b6c0d53.png

In all seriousness, I didn't hear you bitching when TI won gang wars. Hold this L and just shut the fuck up, you're making yourself look stupid af.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

If knowing every part of every map is the skill in question here then I'd say MC had the edge since they knew the arena they were playing in OR they had the edge in having the skill to adapt to any environment.

Also

"You have to be insane if you think a Best of 1, in some random location is a "fair fight"."

LBM55wY.gif

I guess if you want to judge a gang on their "skill to adapt to any environment" instead of their skill to attack/defend a cartel then thats fine. But I'm not sure if you can say you are really good if you shoot someone in the side or back from somewhere they didn't know because they have never played in that random place. That doesn't really take skill that takes you picking a random house and hoping someone comes in the direction you can shoot at them from. Most of the time people come in the direction anyway because they are bored since there is no ifrit or anything to make plays with. Also it's still a best of one. You should atleast have a best of three for the finals.

Just now, SystemChips said:

I guess if you want to judge a gang on their "skill to adapt to any environment" instead of their skill to attack/defend a cartel then thats fine. But I'm not sure if you can say you are really good if you shoot someone in the side or back from somewhere they didn't know because they have never played in that random place. That doesn't really take skill that takes you picking a random house and hoping someone comes in the direction you can shoot at them from. Most of the time people come in the direction anyway because they are bored since there is no ifrit or anything to make plays with. Also it's still a best of one. You should atleast have a best of three for the finals.

The only issue with multiple rounds is time. There's so many gangs that compete and having multiple dates for the same tourney is hard for people to schedule work around. It's easier for everyone to just take one day off.

2 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

Considering this is a milsim I would say ability to adapt to environment is the most important

4 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Don't worry boys, I found the source of the fight being 'not fair'.

64784f26d537e72960307f697b6c0d53.png

In all seriousness, I didn't hear you bitching when TI won gang wars. Hold this L and just shut the fuck up, you're making yourself look stupid af.

I'm not really even mad about that, as I stated earlier I just wanted to play with some friends. But I am saying is complexity is a much better gang then MC.

I'm saying this because the people who won gang wars are chatting too much shit when it really isn't a show of skill. When I won gang wars I never said as much shit because I'd rather wait till the real show of skill which is cartels. And my K/D was 8-0 but we're not gonna talk about that ;).

88841a7c8d1a2bc6b66ac1a69285ac95.png

5 minutes ago, McDili said:

The only issue with multiple rounds is time. There's so many gangs that compete and having multiple dates for the same tourney is hard for people to schedule work around. It's easier for everyone to just take one day off.

I guess that makes sense, but I would say we could at least make room for best of 3 for the finals. Or maybe Saturday and Sunday wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure.

Guest G.O.A.T.
1 minute ago, SystemChips said:

I'm not really even mad about that, as I stated earlier I just wanted to play with some friends. But I am saying is complexity is a much better gang then MC.

I'm saying this because the people who won gang wars are chatting too much shit when it really isn't a show of skill. When I won gang wars I never said as much shit because I'd rather wait till the real show of skill which is cartels. And my K/D was 8-0 but we're not gonna talk about that ;).

88841a7c8d1a2bc6b66ac1a69285ac95.png

I guess that makes sense, but I would say we could at least make room for best of 3 for the finals. Or maybe Saturday and Sunday wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure.

You played against some

Q U A L I T Y  G A N G S

9a99df816407825588a4e8214b63ad9c.png

Please, you're making yourself look terrible. Leave the thread.

You know, I wasn't going to go in on this one, I was comfortable, laying in bed after a successful gang wars stream. 

But then I saw the shit coming out of your mouth @SystemChips.

Now, I want to preface with this post with I don't hate you, but if I had to unplug your life control to charge my phone, I would do so. 

You say "why can't we just fight at cartels?". Altis is 270km squared. I REPEAT 270KM SQUARED. In what limited, baseless, and redundant world do you live in that you would restrict your "HIGH TIER" gang to a small, 3 square range and say WE ARE THE BEST EVER. 

I swear to God Systemchips, I had a feeling that you were retarded, but it is better to let someone think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. I'd really like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. I, along with the Staff, do not spend the ridiculous amount of time that we do to set up a Gang Wars event to have a member like you sit behind your Dell keyboard and complain about it because you were 0-1 in Gang Wars. 

There has always been an Asylum vs Olympus rivalry, but I find it funny that someone who has spent as much time as you have on Olympus would say that my Gang Wars means nothing about skill. 

TL;DR : I wasn't born with enough middle fingers to let you know how I feel about you. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

You know, I wasn't going to go in on this one, I was comfortable, laying in bed after a successful gang wars stream. 

But then I saw the shit coming out of your mouth @SystemChips.

Now, I want to preface with this post with I don't hate you, but if I had to unplug your life control to charge my phone, I would do so. 

You say "why can't we just fight at cartels?". Altis is 270km squared. I REPEAT 270KM SQUARED. In what limited, baseless, and redundant world do you live in that you would restrict your "HIGH TIER" gang to a small, 3 square range and say WE ARE THE BEST EVER. 

I swear to God Systemchips, I had a feeling that you were retarded, but it is better to let someone think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. I'd really like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. I, along with the Staff, do not spend the ridiculous amount of time that we do to set up a Gang Wars event to have a member like you sit behind your Dell keyboard and complain about it because you were 0-1 in Gang Wars. 

There has always been an Asylum vs Olympus rivalry, but I find it funny that someone who has spent as much time as you have on Olympus would say that my Gang Wars means nothing about skill. 

TL;DR : I wasn't born with enough middle fingers to let you know how I feel about you. 

I just think that cartels are a place where gangs show off their skill, and the gang with the cartel on the server generally is the best gang that's on the server at the moment. I know you work really hard to try and make your gang wars as official and fair as possible and it is really good but I guess I just have a different view of the most skilled altis life player. I think cartels are the most fair place to fight because I don't think there is as many luck factors that come at cartels then at random cities on the map. Such as getting shot from weird places that you didn't know was possible, or getting pushed from a place you didn't know someone could come from.

1 minute ago, SystemChips said:

I think cartels are the most fair place to fight because I don't think there is as many luck factors that come at cartels then at random cities on the map. Such as getting shot from weird places that you didn't know was possible, or getting pushed from a place you didn't know someone could come from.

Because taking notice of your surroundings and formulating a strategy is hard when you are a literal autismo

Guest Excision

Why cant people just enjoy gang wars? We lost to MC and we took the L. Maybe since it was my first gang wars I was having a bit more fun but you shouldn't take in game money and bragging rights seriously to be honest. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that TI and complexity are insanely good gangs, But every gang loses a fight once in a while. Just prove it next gang wars.

To be fair, looking back at it, there were some advantages some teams had in terms of side and positioning and places to hold. 

But honestly, everyone needs to shut the fuck up, want a rematch, go fight cartels, everyone takes this so seriously and forget it's a damn game. 

After VX lost I went in the teamspeak and I didn't hear shit about how fucking unfair it was or wasn't, yeah there were some bullshit wall bangs or what ever. All I heard when I went in there was "good fighting", "everyone should try to improve for next gang wars", and a soundboard of @Peter Long saying "cole Anderson has some big balls", then we did a fed and my truck box was blown up by desync, and we made like two million and didn't lose a single person. Everyone had fun, people were tired and no one was salty. 

That is what I want to see here too, everyone remember it is a game, that you waste away your life on, and fight for virtual money, and get killed on, and kill on, and that is all part of the whole experience of playing a game, you can't always win.

• Like 2