So, I did some investigating

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

That freeze you get... and if you're lucky you might see the green screen flash. This is your system doing a video dump so it can recover. I run the game on ultra for the most part and this is what happens when I get the "texture" bug.

I believe that people running Windows 10 AE are more prone to this bug since the VRAM changes. Anyone who used OBS after the update may recall seeing that the preview/stream freeze. This would happen often or rarely. Win 10 changed how it dealt when running out of VRAM. Nvidia, AMD were not giving a lot of details for this change and were not ready on release. OBS solved this by doing a video dump and refresh. 

Jesse was under utilizing his GPU. He told me that most of his setting were around normal I think. Had him move that to Ultra. He also got a FPS boost. I think he's using the perf build. I'm not. I do have my malloc set to system.

Why did it help? Read my post above about VRAM and Win10. From what I can tell, GPU's are more capable of recovering when that issue happens. Pushing setting towards the ultra uses more of your GPU.

Here are my settings with a GTX 970 and i5 4690k (oc to 4.4). Ignore the FPS in the corner, that's from the menu. In game while streaming I won't dip below 30 fps in Kavala. Rest of the map is a usually around 60+ fps

496d0097b4b0918089d26834bccaea5e.png

ccc9ed48d305edb7519ac839ae0e3b6f.png

f94eb892d650a616c53c7048f5533821.png

I be running things lower than this with a 1070 and i5 4690k chillin at that 30 fps. 

Conclucsion just remove stuff from the hostpital nobody likes it..

Switching to profiling + Downloading performance binaries completely fixed the issue for me.

When update first came out, texture bugged once every 45 minutes - 1hour.

Switched to profiling + perf build, and no texture bug from one 3 hour session and from one 5 hour session.

Had a game freeze at the end of the 3 hour session. Changed malloc to "system" and turned off the memory limiter. And so far I have no issues.

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, Serpico said:

496d0097b4b0918089d26834bccaea5e.png

You play with cloud settings on low!? THINK OF THE LOST IMMERSION!

That said I tried what Jesse said about setting everything to ultra and the only setting I changed after the was depth of field cause aiming down a scope is awful when thats high, then set my memory allocator to system and played for over 2 hours without a full texture glitch.

I did get the start of one for a few seconds but it recovered like Serpico said and performance returned to normal.

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

All 3 of those statements are very true.

The slider was before my time obviously.
However, I can tell you that basically the object slider is meant to hide these "Shit Objects" as they are referred to.

So as you can see that list is all guns and clothing, not necessarily large objects. So basically the junk in gun stores and what not. Also it looks like it just does some random objects it will remove (not positive on this one).. However, I'm sure we can talk with Poseidon and determine why the current stuff is the way it is and see if we can some more changes to it. Possibly regarding things like the blood-bags and smaller objects. However, I doubt things like desks and large obstructive objects will get added due to the potential for that being detrimental to game-play if one person sees it and the other doesn't. :D 

Actually shit objects are objects that no longer spawn at all, however they exist in the root map. There is a different array of decor items which include shit like mustard bottles and stuff. Each decor item has a 20% chance to spawn right now as long as it's not declared as a shit object, so maybe a mustard bottle is there one time, and not the next. It's random. And yes larger objects were never included as decor because they have large collision boxes or may block bullets / be used for cover.

I've been taking a short break from Olympus because of these damn texture bugs.. I log on and get in a fight with the cops and after 3 shots I'm texture bugged... then I log after they restrain me and message the cop on ts... I come back and they are processing me, ANOTHER ONE. I log again... Then I'm walking away from the HQ... ANOTHER ONE.. now I played asylum for a good 10 hours the other day and I didn't get a single texture bug

12 hours ago, I Am Fuzzy said:

i know this isnt like a fix that everyone can do. but ive never seen a texture bug and dont get fps drops anymore because of my ssd.

I have a SSD and still get it

7 hours ago, Skeeter McGraw said:

Don't even play here. But new Building are aids. Revert back

come back lol

1 hour ago, Berg02 said:

I have a SSD and still get it

come back lol

Got a pretty good setup on NP. Maybe when Im super bored one day. I'll drop in.