Olympus on the down swing?

anyone that played a year ago and plays today even 6 months ago and still plays today can see that there is a clear down swing in the quality of life on the server I have even taken many leaves from the server cause of this and I'm on one ATM as well.RDMing on the rise ,knowledge lacking cops, and just general douche bags have flooded the server and it doesn't show signs of change so I'm posting this to see what anyone thinks about the topic and what we can do to change it so we can Make Olympus Great Again.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1

The Community Warps around the Staff. Depending on what image the staff has It'll attract different types of people. For Example When Hades and Zues were in charge iT attracted trolls. Now that Other staff are in charge It attracts assholes, because that is accepted by staff. No offense to any staff, just stating my opinion, 

• Like 7

It's an unwhitelisted server. RDM will always be an issue. We deal with player reports a hell of a lot more efficiently than the staff did over a year ago.

It's only a matter of opinion but in my opinion the APD today is far and beyond what it was a year ago.

Just now, McDili said:

It's an unwhitelisted server. RDM will always be an issue. We deal with player reports a hell of a lot more efficiently than the staff did over a year ago.

It's only a matter of opinion but in my opinion the APD today is far and beyond what it was a year ago.

I Disagree 100%, 

I have videos upon videos that were enjoyable for boith apd and civs. The only thing is we used something called our voices to talk with the apd

yOU WONT SEE THIS NOIW

• Like 2
Just now, Fedot said:

I Disagree 100%, 

I have videos upon videos that were enjoyable for boith apd and civs. The only thing is we used something called our voices to talk with the apd

Sometimes I spectate, sometimes I play on civ with an alternate name, stuff like that and I still see interactions like this happen pretty frequently.

2 minutes ago, McDili said:

Honestly a whitelisted server either 1 or 2 wouldn't be a bad idea for the "hardcore RP" players of Olympus again just an idea 

RDM will always be a problem with un-whitelisted servers as @McDili said. But the staff try as hard as they can, and do a pretty good job, at banning those responsible. The problem is with people that do not report being RDMd and expect things to happen. As the online community of gaming is growing in general, so is the Arma community. We will get people you won't like, and you will have to deal with it. That's life. But the RDM is a by-product of server and community growth, but it can only be solved with the help of the community.

getting off the soapbox now...

Or "Hands up or die"

Just now, Pledge said:

RDM will always be a problem with un-whitelisted servers as @McDili said. But the staff try as hard as they can, and do a pretty good job, at banning those responsible. The problem is with people that do not report being RDMd and expect things to happen. As the online community of gaming is growing in general, so is the Arma community. We will get people you won't like, and you will have to deal with it. That's life. But the RDM is a by-product of server and community growth, but it can only be solved with the help of the community.

getting off the soapbox now...

Pledge for Mod, The best hoppa around

Like i said previously the community is based around staff

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Vextrum said:

anyone that played a year ago and plays today even 6 months ago and still plays today can see that there is a clear down swing in the quality of life on the server I have even taken many leaves from the server cause of this and I'm on one ATM as well.RDMing on the rise ,knowledge lacking cops, and just general douche bags have flooded the server and it doesn't show signs of change so I'm posting this to see what anyone thinks about the topic and what we can do to change it so we can Make Olympus Great Again.

It's a public server with over a 1000 people on it each day. You do realize its Christmas time don't you. Spoiled brat kids are getting 1,000 dollar computers and hundred dollar steam gift cards. There is going to be a huge influx of newer players over the holiday breaks. I'm sure you didn't know all the rules when you started playing on the server. Relax, take a chill pill and quit bitching. Take a break if you need to or do whatever floats your boat. I have been a part of this community for a little over two years now and I have seen the servers go from high pop to low pop, back to high pop. Rule breakers are just part of the Olympus experience. We have all dealt with them at some point with our time playing on Olympus. It's not going to change unless we restrict new players from joining the servers and I do not see that happening anytime soon.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Fedot said:

I must be the unluckiest fucker around, Even with a ALt accounts and diffrent names i get the same shit RP "Put your hands up apd;; Whats the matter officer;; **Full auto into face**"

That has always been the case with some APD. I've been on the APD since October of 2014 and there have always been cops that do that.

But I don't see how it makes a big different whether your start the conversation before or after detainment. Irl if a cop has made the decision to detain you then they're going to save the explanation until after you're in cuffs 9/10 times.

Just now, McDili said:

That has always been the case with some APD. I've been on the APD since October of 2014 and there have always been cops that do that.

But I don't see how it makes a big different whether your start the conversation before or after detainment. Irl if a cop has made the decision to detain you then they're going to save the explanation until after you're in cuffs 9/10 times.

From my experience once your in cuffs they wont let you out and or They are A.D.D. and forget your talking to them and you bounce to officer to officer. FULL DISCLOSURE it could be because i never leave Kavala.

There's been a noticeable different, but that's bound to happen. You'll have both sides saying it's better or it's worse. It's all perspective, I think the quality has gone down but, in my opinion that's the player base's fault. 

Guest G.O.A.T.
2 hours ago, Vextrum said:

You honestly don't know what you're talking about. 

I came here 1 year, 3 months ago and the server pop was absolute SHIT at peak times when the community was in the dirt. We've come a long way, and I only see it getting better. Shoutout to the staff (including myself :Kappa:) for making Olympus Great Again.