A few things about Olympus

1 minute ago, TheRandomOne said:

I mean, I love a good pissing contest as much as the next guy, but we could try and be a bit more productive here.

I'm too young to give my opinion, so I just have to sit here and piss.

4 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

@TheRandomOne how do i make my name blue btw i cant figure it out for the life of me

You've gotta be in the APD then it becomes blue with the APD tag, or if you have multiple ( like I have support team,apd, and R&R) generally whichever you got first it'll be that respective color.

2 hours ago, Berg02 said:

First, let me preface this by saying that i have played on this server for over two years and love the server. This isn't a "haha olympus is horrible fuck the admins" rant. just some things that I think could be fixed/made better.

1. Corporals looking for lethals. Now, when there is a fed going on with 15 armed rebels, I completely understand going to lethals right after the 3rd wave. But when corporals get killed 3 or 4 by their bad judgement and then get pissed of and flip that switch to lethals, even though there is no real justification. For example: The other day I was in Pygros as a fresh spawn. I had only a protector and was alone with no gang members on. I engaged a corporal and killed him. He then came back 3 times and got killed 3 times by me. He then proceeded to come back and lethal me. He could have just as easily tazed me. This has also happened many other times, such as at a jail with only 2 or 3 people left alive, and corporals are still going for lethals. There needs to be better judgement when to lethal and when to not.

2. Textures bug. This only happens to me on olympus. No texture bugs on asylum, KOTH, or anything else. Everyone knows the things that cause it, such as APD vehicles and helicopters, as well as the hospitals. The very small amount of rp that is gained from these things is not worth the bugs that make the game unplayable. Simple black and white with a little text for the APD, and almost vanilla hospitals. Sorry you wont be able to lift weights in your free time medics.

3. Feds and especially Blackwaters have gotten significantly harder to do. With the new things like BW HQ and rules like guns hot on ghosthawks after bomb blows, the last 6 feds i have been on cop for, only 1 was successful and there was about 15 people. I have not seen a BW been done in a very long time. There should be some rebalancing so its possible to do Feds and BW without 15 people. "yea but my gang of 8 held off 6 deputies and 4 P.Os" hurray for you, but if you have 10 people thats 2 to a gate plus one jump and one on bomb. with just 2 corporals and and a few P.Os and deputies, the deputies just need 1 lethal each, and then its extremely easy for cops to push in through a gate with only 1 person or go jump and sneak defuse. 

4. Cartel Fights are boring and repetitive. A year or two ago everyone was friendlier and people would get revved and leave after a fight much of the time. Now 90% of the time you go to cartels you either get roached from a km away or you have to beg other gangs to come fight. New cartel locations would be nice.

5. CSAT clothes plus GA is 4 shots from a 7.62. This makes other guns not viable choices. In my opinion CSAT clothes should be removed, and 7.62 should be much more expensive, at least 250k. When the server was right after the wipe, many people used 5.56 and 6.5, with a few using 7.62. Now every Kavala scat and their grandmother runs around with 7.62, because everyone already has their houses and vehicles and just have millions of dollars lying around for guns. combat was a lot more fun with varied guns, now the only practical thing is a 7.62.

These are just some ideas, I'd like to hear your thoughts

want a cookie........ jk <3 eccksss deee

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Berg02 said:

. CSAT clothes plus GA is 4 shots from a 7.62. This makes other guns not viable choices. In my opinion CSAT clothes should be removed, and 7.62 should be much more expensive, at least 250k. When the server was right after the wipe, many people used 5.56 and 6.5, with a few using 7.62. Now every Kavala scat and their grandmother runs around with 7.62, because everyone already has their houses and vehicles and just have millions of dollars lying around for guns. combat was a lot more fun with varied guns, now the only practical thing is a 7.62.

+1 I mean we know GA's aren't going anywheres but CSAT should be gone, and replaced with others clothing.

Serpico explained the texture bug really well before.

First of all, yes it's a problem that Olympus suffers from. Olympus is not the only server. If it was, the Bohemia discord wouldn't have non-Olympus players complaining in it and I wouldn't have had it once on KOTH.

Secondly, there has been a lot of guidance for people on mitigating the texture bug and perhaps what we need is an actual pinned guide which we should probably do anyway... but generally, if you go to your parameters in the arma 3 launcher and change the "Memory Allocator" to "system" then you may see a major difference. I'll say that I still get texture bugs sometimes, but it's after hours of prolonged play. Usually ~3 hours for me. Your mileage may vary but its worth noting that having the latest version of Windows 10 and latest Graphics Card drivers is also something to think about. As far as I understand, the bug has something to do with the relationship between Windows 10, Drivers, and obviously whatever Bohemia did that caused ArmA to have this problem to begin with.

If I understand it correctly, the application runs out of memory and has to dump it. This is where the memory allocator for the game comes in and is responsible for dumping that memory and then it should literally just be a 1-2 second freeze and then back to normal. With "system" as my memory allocator, this actually performs properly a lot for me. But when this process fails is when you get the texture bug. I think anyway. Someone more technically knowledgeable about this issue can explain it a lot better than I can.

The texture bug was an issue that wasn't as frequent prior to the last Bohemia patch. After the last bohemia patch the issue became rampant and I went from pretty much never having it to having it once every half hour. Once I got the profiling + performance binary and switched to "system" as the memory allocator I only get it once every few hours. Still more than it used to be but it's pretty obvious Bohemia introduced this bug, not Olympus. So I don't understand how people can say it's only on our server, that's just not logical and the evidence is to disprove it is a google search away.

17 minutes ago, McDili said:

Serpico explained the texture bug really well before.

First of all, yes it's a problem that Olympus suffers from. Olympus is not the only server. If it was, the Bohemia discord wouldn't have non-Olympus players complaining in it and I wouldn't have had it once on KOTH.

Secondly, there has been a lot of guidance for people on mitigating the texture bug and perhaps what we need is an actual pinned guide which we should probably do anyway... but generally, if you go to your parameters in the arma 3 launcher and change the "Memory Allocator" to "system" then you may see a major difference. I'll say that I still get texture bugs sometimes, but it's after hours of prolonged play. Usually ~3 hours for me. Your mileage may vary but its worth noting that having the latest version of Windows 10 and latest Graphics Card drivers is also something to think about. As far as I understand, the bug has something to do with the relationship between Windows 10, Drivers, and obviously whatever Bohemia did that caused ArmA to have this problem to begin with.

If I understand it correctly, the application runs out of memory and has to dump it. This is where the memory allocator for the game comes in and is responsible for dumping that memory and then it should literally just be a 1-2 second freeze and then back to normal. With "system" as my memory allocator, this actually performs properly a lot for me. But when this process fails is when you get the texture bug. I think anyway. Someone more technically knowledgeable about this issue can explain it a lot better than I can.

The texture bug was an issue that wasn't as frequent prior to the last Bohemia patch. After the last bohemia patch the issue became rampant and I went from pretty much never having it to having it once every half hour. Once I got the profiling + performance binary and switched to "system" as the memory allocator I only get it once every few hours. Still more than it used to be but it's pretty obvious Bohemia introduced this bug, not Olympus. So I don't understand how people can say it's only on our server, that's just not logical and the evidence is to disprove it is a google search away.

Ok let me reword. maybe it happens once on KOTH. but it is definitely more common on olympus. certain skins seem to trigger it. and yes i am on the profiling/perf build, ect ect.

55 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

Ok let me reword. maybe it happens once on KOTH. but it is definitely more common on olympus. certain skins seem to trigger it. and yes i am on the profiling/perf build, ect ect.

Yeah I don't think anybody is arguing that it isn't common on Olympus. I mean it's obvious, we use custom skins where Koth doesn't. But I mean, you're talking about being unable to identify medics/APD by removing them. With ArmA x64bit on the horizon, I think it's probably better to wait and see if that at least curtails some of the issues.

21 minutes ago, McDili said:

Yeah I don't think anybody is arguing that it isn't common on Olympus. I mean it's obvious, we use custom skins where Koth doesn't. But I mean, you're talking about being unable to identify medics/APD by removing them. With ArmA x64bit on the horizon, I think it's probably better to wait and see if that at least curtails some of the issues.

I do see your point about x64, but for some reason the asylum skins don't texture bug me. idk might just be me

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Didn't you get demoted for lethaling at the wrong time? kekekek (If I'm wrong, then oops)

The current chief actually disagreed with my demotion , so sniff my balls

1 hour ago, McDili said:

I mean I don't mind the skins, just make them more simple? We don't need a digi camo ghosthawk for fuck sakes lol. Half my gang avoids feds because of the constant texture bugs.

6 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Yeah be a man about it, I have no shame. The sad part is that someone combat stored a hatchback not that they got reported for it :P 

Can't tell if you're being serious.. If you even wasted a minute on rendering a video and then another minute on uploading for a naked storing a hatchback you are beyond pathetic. 

I am pretty sure I was stuffing my face with dinner when he rolled up lol, anyway the point is to get people to stop breaking rules no matter how small. Rules are rules, I do not break them, and I am going to enforce them wherever I can. If you have a problem with that stop breaking the damn rules.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phizx said:

Half my gang avoids feds because of the constant texture bugs.

They have no problem going to a fed when we do one so that's not the reason.

But I'm with @Solomon, if someone breaks the rules report them. if people don't wanna be banned, don't break rules. It's really fucking simple.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

They have no problem going to a fed when we do one so that's not the reason.

But I'm with @Solomon, if someone breaks the rules report them. if people don't wanna be banned, don't break rules. It's really fucking simple.

Well we aren't going to let you take a free fed, so that's probably why we stopped yours. We don't do our own feds very often because of texture bugs..

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I am going to enforce them

When you are in VX grinding for OS 

25 minutes ago, Phizx said:

Well we aren't going to let you take a free fed, so that's probably why we stopped yours. We don't do our own feds very often because of texture bugs..

But....you've never stopped us.

So you can go to the fed anytime, but can't do your own b/c texture bugs? Huh, ok