HQ Takeovers

Who thinks they should bring them back. Im tired of fighting for 50 minutes with 10 cops just re spawning constantly and just sitting in restraints forever. I miss old HQ takeovers were you at least had a chance to win back all of your people in custody. The HQ fights is way in the cops favor when they took out HQ takeovers they made it to were you dont have to re engage and you could just shoot cops as they spawned in one spot now that they spawn through out the HQ they should bring 5 minutes till HQ takeover. It will be balanced and I think a lot of people would +1 this

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Corbaaan said:

Who thinks they should bring them back.

In my opinion they should be in the cops favor since it's an "APD" HQ. But I do agree that maybe there could be a better method of how cops spawn and react to certain situations within the HQs. The staff are in talks about this but nothing is set in stone yet. :P 

maybe they should have a button you have to get too like the top floor in the HQ and if ya press it cops cant spawn for 5 min. its enough time for you to get ya boy out of there and then you couldn't press it again for 30min

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

In my opinion they should be in the cops favor since it's an "APD" HQ. But I do agree that maybe there could be a better method of how cops spawn and react to certain situations within the HQs. The staff are in talks about this but nothing is set in stone yet. :P 

It would still be in there favor as they have constant respawns and respawns around HQ little hard to take on 5 cops with 5 civs. It just isnt balanced

1 minute ago, Corbaaan said:

It would still be in there favor as they have constant respawns and respawns around HQ little hard to take on 5 cops with 5 civs. It just isnt balanced

yes i understand but it is a "Police HQ" and they should have the upper hand in that one situation and if you where to press the button you would win makes since

So its already a huge pain in the ass to catch people.  Now you want to make it easier to get your people back?  Seriously, its a part of the game and its a police HQ.  You cannot win every single engagement... 

2 hours ago, Muthinator said:

So its already a huge pain in the ass to catch people.  Now you want to make it easier to get your people back?  Seriously, its a part of the game and its a police HQ.  You cannot win every single engagement... 

Well, unfortunately Rebel Outposts are able to be continuously raided by APD as well as Cartels (With the appropriate pre-requisites of course)  and sure as shit I'd rather attack a rebel on cop rather than attack an HQ on Civ. I had Plumber who had 6 cops with him hold off 17 people at Air HQ. 30 second respawn times, randomized spawning and 1 tap tazers make an HQ a fortress.

Lets just say over the last 2/3 months I've probably had 2 out of 25 engagements at an HQ go even somewhat successfully. The best way to get somebody out of HQ is to sneak them out, and to be honest, if you come up against 2 cops that got more than 3 answers right on their deputy test, they'll have more than enough capability to snuff that out real quick.

It's not that people are complaining about not being to win EVERY engagement, because you shouldn't and can't, but your response is really overlooking the fact that you basically CAN'T win an engagement at HQ with more than 3 capable cops.

Edit: The best offensive tactic at an HQ was just to taze cops, restrain them so they can't actually die to respawn. But now that's basically out the window if you need 3 civs.

• Like 7

From what i learned on my time as a cop and civ...

3 hours ago, Muthinator said:

So its already a huge pain in the ass to catch people.

This is wrong any capable players or ghost hawk can take on rebels and easily catch people. Most the time

Now you want to make it easier to get your people back?

This is a fucking death wish yes we want to make it easier. Id rather fight 15 rebels defending a cartel than 3 cops at a hq

You cannot win every single engagement... 

This implies that rebels win most situations...

1dxet4.jpg 

• Like 2

If all you do is hang out with the senior APD, use their equipment, and travel in numbers then yes you can easily catch or kill people.  If you are in a small group, alone, or dont have the resources it is difficult to deal with bigger gangs or even a few experienced players.  Especially if you are not a quick peak expert.  If you dont get some people right off the bat they just lead you into an ambush.

You want to make it easier to get into the HQ and retrieve your peeps, but I dont think you are looking at the situation from every players perspective.  When there are just a few cops on, and you want to catch someone with a bounty, you need to locate them, usually chase them, catch them, get them to HQ, and process them.  If you die anywhere in between you generally lose.  Thats already a significant process.  Personally, I dont think most cops want to go through all of that just to have to fight it out at the HQ and lose the person they worked so hard to catch.  But again, thats just me.

Civs already have ample opportunity to get liberate their guy and escape.  Personally, I think the HQ should remain a strong hold that is very difficult to overrun and control.

Hell, even if someone misses all of the opportunities to get their person before they make it to the HQ you can still attempt a jail break if they are arrested.

I dont really have a dog in this fight.  This is just my opinion.  I keep seeing suggestions and changes that seem to be removing what it means to be a cop.  Cop is less about RP and more about bounty hunting these days.  Rarely do I see cops RPing with people.  Perhaps this is not the case and I am just in the wrong places at the wrong time.

Bottom line, everyone plays cop for different reason.  Admittedly, I am a potato when it comes to Arma combat.  When I use to play cop it was not to get into a ton of fights.  It was to make contacts and RP with people.  Occasionally I would end up in a pursuit or shoot out and it was fun, even when I didnt win.  However, when every contact is a pursuit and shoot out and the only RP you get is lame processing stories the roll looses its allure.  My point being is that the cop roll is unique and as such some things shouldnt be changed for the benefit of the civs.  Everyone in the APD should be able to have fun playing regardless of their rank.  Is it only designed to be fun when higher ranking people are on?  Do you want people to play cop to RP, or to play as a gang of war mongering bounty hunters that concentrates on nothing but fighting 

10 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

let cops have the ability to pick the spawn location with in the HQ and change the kavala spawn points from 99.99% on roof to like 10% on roof

19 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

If all you do is hang out with the senior APD, use their equipment, and travel in numbers then yes you can easily catch or kill people.  If you are in a small group, alone, or dont have the resources it is difficult to deal with bigger gangs or even a few experienced players.  Especially if you are not a quick peak expert.  If you dont get some people right off the bat they just lead you into an ambush.

You want to make it easier to get into the HQ and retrieve your peeps, but I dont think you are looking at the situation from every players perspective.  When there are just a few cops on, and you want to catch someone with a bounty, you need to locate them, usually chase them, catch them, get them to HQ, and process them.  If you die anywhere in between you generally lose.  Thats already a significant process.  Personally, I dont think most cops want to go through all of that just to have to fight it out at the HQ and lose the person they worked so hard to catch.  But again, thats just me.

Civs already have ample opportunity to get liberate their guy and escape.  Personally, I think the HQ should remain a strong hold that is very difficult to overrun and control.

Hell, even if someone misses all of the opportunities to get their person before they make it to the HQ you can still attempt a jail break if they are arrested.

I dont really have a dog in this fight.  This is just my opinion.  I keep seeing suggestions and changes that seem to be removing what it means to be a cop.  Cop is less about RP and more about bounty hunting these days.  Rarely do I see cops RPing with people.  Perhaps this is not the case and I am just in the wrong places at the wrong time.

Bottom line, everyone plays cop for different reason.  Admittedly, I am a potato when it comes to Arma combat.  When I use to play cop it was not to get into a ton of fights.  It was to make contacts and RP with people.  Occasionally I would end up in a pursuit or shoot out and it was fun, even when I didnt win.  However, when every contact is a pursuit and shoot out and the only RP you get is lame processing stories the roll looses its allure.  My point being is that the cop roll is unique and as such some things shouldnt be changed for the benefit of the civs.  Everyone in the APD should be able to have fun playing regardless of their rank.  Is it only designed to be fun when higher ranking people are on?  Do you want people to play cop to RP, or to play as a gang of war mongering bounty hunters that concentrates on nothing but fighting 

Cops can spawn every 30 seconds. 30 seconds, if you trade with a cop they have time to re spawn and as you get un tazed they re spawn with full health. COPS have all the advantage in HQ as they should yes, But they have to much leverage if cops push Rebel they get unlimited lives but rebels have the advantage of camping its a even fight but cops get unlimited re spawn and spawn randomly you dont know were that cops is going to spawn when you kill them. Its just not fair at all when there was HQ takeovers you could fight in HQ cops got 5 minutes to stop the rebels if you cant stop them in that time then you should loose plain and simple you get 5 minutes to re spawn and fight which is already hard to deal with. When people get caught we fight for 30-60 minutes to try and get them out with no success because they just constantly re spawn and its very hard to get it under control. But one situation should not last a hour trying to save someone with a 500k bounty because cops can constantly re spawn there 

So stop trying to save them...   What makes you think the cops want to fight it out and die over and over and over?  There is no fun in that and there is not fun in losing the person you just caught. Again, sometimes you win and sometimes you do not.  I dont like that there is rarely a moment where civs go, "we cant do it" or "its not worth the risk" when dealing with the APD.  They usually just throw caution to the wind and go for it.  Risk vs reward.

Also, if you commit a shit ton of crimes and get caught you need to pay back your debt to society.  Thats the cost of robbing people, killing people, and stealing shit.  Honestly, whats the point of having a bounty system if cops can never catch and process you.  Do you want to drive it down to the point to where cops just say fuck it and dont bother trying?  Thats the point I reached.  To me there is literally zero fun in going after a seasoned player with a high bounty.  They always fight, they never RP, they usually bitch, you need to worry about the onslaught of back-up they have coming, and they always have a shit story to tell you at HQ while they wait for back-up.  They are also usually the ones to cry for a higher up and or bitch about robo coping despite their total lack of RP up until that point.

Honestly, there should not even be a need for this.  Once at the HQ it should be a "here are your charges, pay the ticket, if able, or go to jail".  I hate that there is a "standard" that must be reached at the HQ before it is acceptable to process someone.  This literally shouldnt even be a concern...  Here are your charges.  Any attempt to delay processing should get you an obstruction charge and an automatic trip to jail.  The civ community has gotten use to the APD's soft stance on standards as it pertains to what is acceptable during processing.  They literally get shit on all the time because of this.  I bet if you were to track and display how much time is wasted in processing the numbers would be astronomical.  Cops should be out detering crime and catching criminals.  Not spending all day processing them, or attempting to, at the HQ.  I am not trying to overtly attack the APD and its policies, but thats simply my opinion as it pertains to processing and this problem in general.  It honestly shoudnt even be a thing...

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Muthinator said:

So stop trying to save them...   What makes you think the cops want to fight it out and die over and over and over?  There is no fun in that and there is not fun in losing the person you just caught. Again, sometimes you win and sometimes you do not.  I dont like that there is rarely a moment where civs go, "we cant do it" or "its not worth the risk" when dealing with the APD.  They usually just throw caution to the wind and go for it.  Risk vs reward.

Also, if you commit a shit ton of crimes and get caught you need to pay back your debt to society.  Thats the cost of robbing people, killing people, and stealing shit.  Honestly, whats the point of having a bounty system if cops can never catch and process you.  Do you want to drive it down to the point to where cops just say fuck it and dont bother trying?  Thats the point I reached.  To me there is literally zero fun in going after a seasoned player with a high bounty.  They always fight, they never RP, they usually bitch, you need to worry about the onslaught of back-up they have coming, and they always have a shit story to tell you at HQ while they wait for back-up.  They are also usually the ones to cry for a higher up and or bitch about robo coping despite their total lack of RP up until that point.

Honestly, there should not even be a need for this.  Once at the HQ it should be a "here are your charges, pay the ticket, if able, or go to jail".  I hate that there is a "standard" that must be reached at the HQ before it is acceptable to process someone.  This literally shouldnt even be a concern...  Here are your charges.  Any attempt to delay processing should get you an obstruction charge and an automatic trip to jail.  The civ community has gotten use to the APD's soft stance on standards as it pertains to what is acceptable during processing.  They literally get shit on all the time because of this.  I bet if you were to track and display how much time is wasted in processing the numbers would be astronomical.  Cops should be out detering crime and catching criminals.  Not spending all day processing them, or attempting to, at the HQ.  I am not trying to overtly attack the APD and its policies, but thats simply my opinion as it pertains to processing and this problem in general.  It honestly shoudnt even be a thing...

You know how many times people dont get saved. Most of the times we dont go because there is no chance of beating more than 5 cops im not saying have a HQ takeover with 3 cops. If there are 5 cops on call a HQ takeover and to save your people, Cops should not be able to just send people to jail then there would literally be no reason to save anyone causes massive amount of jail break then what is it going to change again because cops are wasting to much time at the jail. NO you should have a chance to save people from custody, 5 cops with 5 MINUTES with unlitmed re spawn in those 5 minutes and randomized spawning cant save the people in custody, ex- get them to a safe area or take them out of HQ and to a new one or even taze all the civs fighting its not hard Cops are way more equipped than most civs. except people from rebel but the mast majority of cops that just keep coming quickly over run you. -1 to your idea

This is the mentality and the reason I dont play cop anymore.  Not a big loss for the APD or anything but just one of the few reasons.  Its literally cancer.  If you dont want to spend time in jail or pay tickets stop committing crimes.  Seriously, WTF is the point of having a bounty system if its impossible to catch and process everyone evenly?  The current way gives everyone a fare shake.  If APD gets you to the HQ then you are pretty much fucked, as it should be.  Your way rewards the big gangs and promotes their ability to continue to operate in a lawless manner, which is fun for you and your gang but a real pain in the ass for everyone left in the wake.  It will also continue to support the worthless RP that people attempt to crap out during processing to delay the process.  I appreciate different opinions, but this just seems like another crappy idea that makes playing cop a bigger pain in the ass.

Hey I RP every engagement and cops who have arrested me usually have a good laugh, were not all terrible RPers lol

@Taylor Shwift @Magic Had RP from minute one to min 30 lol. Don't be lumping everyone in as RPers

i play to RP guess I'm a dying breed whether I'm Rping on civ , medic or that fun encounter I had with @Tman15tmb at air HQ and his rabbit story lol

moral of story , make enough money in game that you can just sit back, get high as shit and RP like your playing GI joes when you were 8 lol

• Like 2

Lets make the best of both worlds, allow for HQ takeovers again but on the APD side of things they should be able to send you straight to jail without reading charges if you obstruct processing by making up some prolonged bull shit story that doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Muthinator said:

I'm curious about the crux of your issue with a policy (or policies) that you refer to. I haven't taken offense to anything you said and I find some merit actually in some of it.

Now, unless I'm just forgetful, the only policy I can see that you could be referring too is the prohibition on processing while there is essentially a combat situation at the HQ. Other than that, I don't think there's anything prohibiting you from playing the way you want to where you RP at the interaction and process with efficiency. Is it that policy regarding a combat situation at HQ that you take issue with? Or is it something else, where people can request a superior officer perhaps?

I know this isn't precisely what the OP of this thread was trying to focus on, but I think what you're talking about is worth exploring and discussing.

45 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

Referring to the policy you stated and the general culture and perception that RP is expected during processing.

Something I find there is a lot of misconception on is that "RP" means some sort of depth oriented back and forth discussion and in some cases a sense of honesty.

To me, it's as simple as playing the role. There's a stigma on robo copping but just generally running through the list procedure of search, seizure, and ticket is not against any policy we have. As far as I'm concerned, you can play the way you want as much as you want as long as HQ isn't under siege. There's nothing that I would consider "Out of character" for a cop to simply distrust criminals.

I mean, when I play I play similarly to you unless I'm just missing something here.

14 hours ago, Tman15tmb said:

Lets make the best of both worlds, allow for HQ takeovers again but on the APD side of things they should be able to send you straight to jail without reading charges if you obstruct processing by making up some prolonged bull shit story that doesn't make any sense.

I don't get why they should have to in the first place, really only slows things down. Is there any real reason why cops have to read your charges, honest question?

• Like 1