Hello APD?

APD Tac Respawning at an Active Blackwater  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Good update for the APD handbook?

No. Already hard to do either unless you have a TON of people and the whole corp+ scout wave is BS.

Why did the rule change from way back when - as a corp+ you personally had to go through 2 waves, not just one corporal+.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Midnightcamo said:

i find it to be completely unnecessary. the stacks are bad enough do we really need to make it easier for the cops?

Just today we responded and went in for 1st wave with 18:00 left. We had 5 lethals who were on and they still escaped with the vehicle. The corporals combined got like 13 lethals. It is very needed imo. It used to be that you'd get to BW with 10-13 minutes left even with a heli, and without one it takes even longer. I think it was needed and I think it is good.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DINGUSDEAN said:

Just today we responded and went in for 1st wave with 18:00 left. We had 5 lethals who were on and they still escaped with the vehicle. The corporals combined got like 13 lethals. It is very needed imo. It used to be that you'd get to BW with 10-13 minutes left even with a heli, and without one it takes even longer. I think it was needed and I think it is good.

Don't need to have the always win mentality. We need to have the Fair mentality. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, X Mang said:

Don't need to have the always win mentality. We need to have the Fair mentality. 

Rebels have won the majority of real Blackwaters as of late. This was a move to give the fair mentality. 

Trust me, Moob is a civ rep. He would have blown this up if he thought it was beyond detrimental. 

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Rebels have won the majority of real Blackwaters as of late. This was a move to give the fair mentality. 

Trust me, Moob is a civ rep. He would have blown this up if he thought it was beyond detrimental. 

I don't disagree- However I think the stacking is the bigger issue, Which I think he will be addressing in the following weeks, and the aforementioned 1 corporal goes for all waves. 

Guest Excision

Considering I'm always on the civ point of these Blackwater's I think this update is fucking cancer, but its been a while since ive done a blackwater on cop.

11 minutes ago, DINGUSDEAN said:

The corporals combined got like 13 lethals

I can tell u that you guys did not get 13

1 minute ago, Excision said:

Considering I'm always on the civ point of these Blackwater's I think this update is fucking cancer, but its been a while since ive done a blackwater on cop.

yeah put that down to a 5

2 hours ago, Excision said:

We did, There were 5 of us, one got 5, one got 4, 1 got 2, and 2 got 1. That's 13. I'm certain. I don't know how many got double lethaled, but 13 were lethaled.

2 hours ago, X Mang said:

I don't disagree- However I think the stacking is the bigger issue, Which I think he will be addressing in the following weeks, and the aforementioned 1 corporal goes for all waves. 

Stacking is an issue. There are lots of cops on the server and it's gonna happen when there's a lot of people who want to play. On the other hand, there are times where there are only a few cops on and they're mostly deputies.

Just now, DINGUSDEAN said:

We did, There were 5 of us, one got 5, one got 4, 1 got 2, and 2 got 1. That's 13. 

Stacking is an issue. There are lots of cops on the server and it's gonna happen when there's a lot of people who want to play. On the other hand, there are times where there are only a few cops on and they're mostly deputies.

good math much wow

Just now, DINGUSDEAN said:

We did, There were 5 of us, one got 5, one got 4, 1 got 2, and 2 got 1. That's 13. 

That's the way the cookie crumbles. Honestly one way to fix it is - If you're on server 2- and there is a Fed/BW on server 3- You CANNOT leave server 2 to join in the event. I've seen it where the server gets COMPLETELY abandoned.  

1 minute ago, DINGUSDEAN said:

you have without a doubt severe autism

2 minutes ago, X Mang said:

That's the way the cookie crumbles. Honestly one way to fix it is - If you're on server 2- and there is a Fed/BW on server 3- You CANNOT leave server 2 to join in the event. I've seen it where the server gets COMPLETELY abandoned.  

On the other hand I am not a fan of rebels being able to get insane amounts of gear or gold when there is only a few deputies and POs on. I might be wrong, but I feel like most of the cops that stack a channel come from other servers to help out rather than people going from offline to on-duty. 

31 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

On the other hand I am not a fan of rebels being able to get insane amounts of gear or gold when there is only a few deputies and POs on. I might be wrong, but I feel like most of the cops that stack a channel come from other servers to help out rather than people going from offline to on-duty. 

This sounds like a lacking supply of timezone deployment then. 

57 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

I've kept quite quiet about it, but this change is awful.

Down right A W F U L

Since I joined the APD a long time ago things have become 100x more lax as it is. Lethals are easy to get to, Red tape on Ghosthawks have been cut down to a minimum. More seniors, more officers, not all of these changes are a bad thing. However, this is just ANOTHER unnecessary change for cops to win. What time of the day IRL should not dictate when I can and cannot do a Federal Reserve / Blackwater, so now the only hope rebels had to win a federal event is to hope that it takes the cops forever to get there, and take 5/6 minutes to get there. so by the time the bomb blows, they might get 4/5 Lethal waves in, however with the ability to tac respawn that means the first waves are going to be coming at 19 minutes, that's another 2/3 lethal waves.

if you try and tell me Rebels win the majority of blackwaters, I will laugh in your fucking face.

I asked for the Blackwater to be more balanced for civs since blackwaters are ridiculously cop sided. So what gets done? Take out big tower, Take out south east Small tower. Adds in some sandbags around there 2 southern corners which have no real effect, considering one of the sets of sandbags is now utterly redundant since the tower they were put in for was taken out.

It's stuff like this that are making people do Blackwaters less and less and why I have no urge to waste my time doing one.

Edit: I've done 7 Blackwaters on cop. I've won 6 of them. The only 1 I didn't I logged in with 2 minutes on the bomb.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DINGUSDEAN said:

get good

2 hours ago, DINGUSDEAN said:

The corporals combined got like 13 lethals.

1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Idk the career cops are just bad and need to find ways of taking the BW instead of all the scuffed waves and shit strats