APD Handbook Update 8/16/17

Guest G.O.A.T.

Guest G.O.A.T.
  • This rule change is effective immediately. 

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter VII - Dealing with Vehicles

1. Vehicle Interaction
    1. Officers are never to enter a civilian vehicle for any reason.
      1. Exception - Making the roadway safe for other drivers if there is no intention to impound or seize the vehicle.
      2. Exception - Turning off the engine for ease of discussion.
      3. Exception - Entering a vehicle to extricate a deceased individual.
      4. Exception - Moving a vehicle that is blocking an area that officers are attempting to gain access to. 
    2. Officers may impound vehicles obstructing public roadways or spaces.
    3. Officers may impound vehicles if the owner is being sent to jail.
    4. Officers may impound abandoned vehicles where the owner is not in sight.
  2. Pulling Players out of Vehicles
    1. Players may only be pulled out if the vehicle is not moving or at least half of its tires have been disabled and/or the player has been downed while inside the vehicle.
  3. Stopping a Fleeing Vehicle
    1. Unrealistic tactics such as head-on collisions with illegal vehicles in an attempt to stop vehicles is prohibited.
    2. Officers may use conventional PIT maneuvers and roadblocks not likely to cause death and destruction in efforts to stop illegal vehicles.
  4. Illegal Vehicles
    1. Procedures for stopping a fleeing vehicle apply to illegal vehicles.
    2. Illegal vehicles are defined as any armed vehicles and ifrits, striders, hunters, and the Taru Bench.
    3. Illegal vehicles are subject to search and seizure after the situation has been neutralized.
  5. Aircraft
    1. If an aircraft is found in violation of aviation laws, officers may text the pilot once to leave or be fired upon.  The officer then must fire 3 warning shots in to be visible to the pilot ensuring the rounds miss the helicopter.  After the warning shots officers may direct fire at the helicopter in an effort to force a landing. 
    2. If an aircraft inserts itself into an active situation you are engaged with, you may open fire at the helicopter after the previously engaged suspect(s) have boarded the aircraft. (No text needed)

3. If an aircraft is seen hovering over/around any APD occupied area (including HQ's), officers are to send 3 warning shots before opening fire on aircraft. (No text needed)

4. If an aircraft is seen attempting to land within the jail facility during a jailbreak, entering the Federal Reserve or Blackwater during a theft attempt, they are automatically engaged. (No warning shots or text required.)

5. If using a Ghosthawk the proper text messages must be sent first.

Chapter XVII - Bait Cars

1. Bait cars are not to be used at any time for patrol.
  2. At any given time, a maximum of 3 bait cars may be in use by the APD on a single server.
  3. Bait cars may be left in illegal areas. However, this does not warrant “camping” of the redzone.
    1. Bait car must be accompanied by a marked APD vehicle into the redzone. This is for engagement purposes.
  4. Activation of the vehicle, or movement of the GPS tracker gives probable cause to raid any red zone the aforementioned vehicle was left in, regardless of time since the last visit.
  5. If the APD come under attack during transportation of the bait car to the desired location, the APD are allowed to retaliate in order to resolve the situation.

I know this has no relevance to the APD handbook update, kinda just need a explanation. 

Hummingbird

1. The Hummingbird’s weapons are only to be used on vehicles that are operated by a suspect of a crime, or on vehicles in which a suspect is known to have boarded beyond a reasonable doubt.
  2. If giving chase to a vehicle piloted/driven by a suspect of a crime, or a vehicle which is carrying a suspect of a crime, the pilot/driver is to be notified by text message up to 1 times to land/park the vehicle, or be shot.
  3. While an APD member using a Hummingbird comes under fire by players within another Helicopter or ground unit, the Hummingbird gunners may immediately return fire without a text first.
    1. Ground units must still be sent the proper text before gunners can fire from the Hummingbird’s bench seats if APD are engaging.
    2. The Corporal or higher must be the one to give the directive to use the guns.

This rule literally contradicts itself, and makes 0 sense. If one rule is different from the other can you take it out of the sub-section? Had a couple Corporals come to me asking why they still have to send a text whether civs are shooting them or not. 

@G.O.A.T.

• Like 1
  • Head Admin
3 minutes ago, falcon said:

I know this has no relevance to the APD handbook update, kinda just need a explanation. 

Hummingbird

1. The Hummingbird’s weapons are only to be used on vehicles that are operated by a suspect of a crime, or on vehicles in which a suspect is known to have boarded beyond a reasonable doubt.
  2. If giving chase to a vehicle piloted/driven by a suspect of a crime, or a vehicle which is carrying a suspect of a crime, the pilot/driver is to be notified by text message up to 1 times to land/park the vehicle, or be shot.
  3. While an APD member using a Hummingbird comes under fire by players within another Helicopter or ground unit, the Hummingbird gunners may immediately return fire without a text first.
    1. Ground units must still be sent the proper text before gunners can fire from the Hummingbird’s bench seats if APD are engaging.
    2. The Corporal or higher must be the one to give the directive to use the guns.

This rule literally contradicts itself, and makes 0 sense. If one rule is different from the other can you take it out of the sub-section? Had a couple Corporals come to me asking why they still have to send a text whether civs are shooting them or not. 

@G.O.A.T.

If someone shoots you you can shoot back without texting.  If you want to shoot someone you need to text first.

It's almost as if THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT IT SAYS!

Note the "if APD are engaging" part.  If they are already under fire they are engaged if they aren't and they need to initiate the engagement the need to text

• Like 5
  • Kreygasm 1
3 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Note the "if APD are engaging" part.  If they are already under fire they are engaged if they aren't and they need to initiate the engagement the need to text

Okay so this is what I wanted to hear and clears up confusion. 

Guest G.O.A.T.
2 minutes ago, falcon said:

Hummingbird

@G.O.A.T.

Make sense to me, the bolded part is in reference to vehicles that cannot be fired from (SUV, Sport hatch, etc.). Atleast that's the way it was intended.

Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

Make sense to me, the bolded part is in reference to vehicles that cannot be fired from (SUV, Sport hatch, etc.). Atleast that's the way it was intended.

That makes sense, just pretty broad.  The question that was brought to me was, if hummingbird was fired upon whilst it was code 3 and no text was sent, do they or do they not have to send a text to engage the benches.. and he said according to the handbook that's how it looks. Hence why I just wanted clarification. 

Anyways +1 on the handbook update.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

I would like to take credit for the update on entering vehicles. :KappaHD:

@xDRO

If anyone should get credit, it's all of us. 

@xDRO started a forum post in reaction to a lack of information involved in a situation you started, and I cried to @G.O.A.T. like a little bitch for verification.

Thanks to @Grandma Gary for leaving his cave to help clear this up as well

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ham said:

I would like to take credit for the update on entering vehicles. :KappaHD:

@xDRO

I think it was both of us haha, I mean,The rule wasn't in the rule book and now it is.... Problem solved lol

I honestly don't care if we are able to move them are not, I was just confused on the amount of rulings that aren't even in the rule book.
We are told as APD to learn and know the rule book but we cant do that without knowing all the "Grey Areas".

• Like 1
5 hours ago, xDRO said:

I think it was both of us haha, I mean,The rule wasn't in the rule book and now it is.... Problem solved lol

I honestly don't care if we are able to move them are not, I was just confused on the amount of rulings that aren't even in the rule book.
We are told as APD to learn and know the rule book but we cant do that without knowing all the "Grey Areas".

It was a thing when I was Sergeant, so I just did it. oh well

5 hours ago, Rappy said:

hardly we can no longer block the deerstands in our BW attempts, and your absolute shit at watching underneath my tower xd

Wasnt watching your tower that one BW you got rushed :P

• Like 1
8 hours ago, John Wayne said:

How can a cop get in my locked ifrit, this is fail rp 

The APD have military grade invisible boomerangs imported straight from Melbourne that they throw with unbelievable precision right into the locks, shattering them.

You're outmatched and outgunned.

1 hour ago, McDili said:

The APD have military grade invisible boomerangs imported straight from Melbourne that they throw with unbelievable precision right into the locks, shattering them.

APD confirmed overpowered

1 hour ago, McDili said:

das hawt

1 hour ago, McDili said:

Then why do they have such a hard time entering my house!

On 8/17/2017 at 7:17 PM, McDili said:

I can confirm this