Shift + R restrain for Vigilantes

I think that vigilantes should have the ability to shift + R restrain people as cops do. I personally think this because vigilantes are doing same things cops are doing and should be able to easily restrain people.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 7

You should be able to, based on these conditions

• You have a weapon out (NOT binoculars, rangefinders or laser designators)
  • You have a vigilante license
  • Your target is either "downed" or has surrendered
  • You have a ziptie on you
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Bow said:

That is what I meant. I didn't mean by like how cops can do it when people are up and w/o zipties

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Definitely not.

If you wanna Shift + R to restrain join the APD. Shift + R for an unwhitelisted role is a big nope.

I am perm blacklisted from APD and R&R

Just now, John xx said:

That is what I meant. I didn't mean by like how cops can do it when people are up and w/o zipties

What I posted is what the code has been checking for a long time, but I do recall it not working (most) of the time. I have actually been able to shift+r a player before as a vigilante and it worked.

Just now, Bow said:

What I posted is what the code has been checking for a long time, but I do recall it not working (most) of the time. I have actually been able to shift+r a player before as a vigilante and it worked.

Tfw I never even knew this existed.

3 minutes ago, Colbyy said:

cry more vigi loser

I am not even a vigilante constantly lol. xD I only do vigi when I get tired of doing runs but don't want to rob people

16 minutes ago, McDili said:

Definitely not.
If you wanna Shift + R to restrain join the APD. Shift + R for an unwhitelisted role is a big nope.

Curious as to why you have an issue if they have the below?: 

17 minutes ago, Bow said:

Don't see the difference between having a hotkey set for Windows Key and a Mouse Click?

1 minute ago, Snare said:

Imagine the cancer if you could shift r up players as a vigi. I think its good for downed/surrendered and could be added to all players.

yea, but it wouldn't be like APD with the combat, oops tackle restrain. you would still have to have the zip ties, vigi license, gun out and them downed or surrendering to Shift R restrain them

When I first made it I meant only on downed players but I think I forgot to mention it. If vigis could do it to upright people it will get abused but I think it would be a good add on for doing it to downed players.

1 minute ago, John xx said:

When I first made it I meant only on downed players but I think I forgot to mention it. If vigis could do it to upright people it will get abused but I think it would be a good add on for doing it to downed players.

The original idea was only on downed players and players who have their hands up (surrendered)

2 minutes ago, MrRylex said:

Hell no! This would cause CHAOS! Soo many new players would abuse it!

Scroll down and see what I meant. I did not mean when people are not downed. I mean you can only do it when the person is tased.