APD Handbook Update 1/16/18

Guest G.O.A.T.

Just now, Pledge said:

Q) Was it camping a redzone before?

Q) Did we change camping redzone rules?

I mean if i sit 800 meters away looking into a redzone with rangefinders is it camping?

4 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I mean they could just sit 201 meters away from the shed so they’d be over 1km from the Rebel...

i'd be fine with that, long as there over 1click and not sitting ontop of our gangshed spooled down witha orca.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Creepy said:

A) Sounds like maybe you should change the camping redzone rules if you're camping a gangshed within 1km of a rebel.

The issues that were expressed to us prior to our rule change, and that led to our checkpoint decision, was the fact that any checkpoint conducted provided defacto probable cause from a range of two-hundred meters from warzone. The solution implemented was put into effect under those pretenses. Standing at a suspicious building does not in fact gain probable cause, and so surveillance can be conducted, as long as the goal of the surveillance team is to in-fact investigate such building. If it becomes apparent that such stakeouts are being utilized to gain probable cause to enter a red-zone, discipline will be enacted. However, no overburdening or short sighted solutions to non-existent problems shall be implemented.

3 minutes ago, Creepy said:

Cops camping gangsheds within 1km of rebel. Hot mic! What do you think?

Cops camping gang sheds is almost as bad as vigis. If the gang shed falls with in 1km of rebel imo the cops should not be near the gang shed unless they intend to raid the rebel. Keeping scummy lower ranks away from gang sheds. Keeping gang life alive and fighting. Also, it would only permit and allow sr apd to be near by which is better than 10 lower rank cops sitting for a naked with a 2 mil.

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

The issues that were expressed to us prior to our rule change, and that led to our checkpoint decision, was the fact that any checkpoint conducted provided defacto probable cause from a range of two-hundred meters from warzone. The solution implemented was put into effect under those pretenses. Standing at a suspicious building does not in fact gain probable cause, and so surveillance can be conducted, as long as the goal of the surveillance team is to in-fact investigate such building. If it becomes apparent that such stakeouts are being utilized to gain probable cause to enter a red-zone, discipline will be enacted. However, no overburdening or short sighted solutions to non-existent problems shall be implemented.

Just a thought before the APD meeting have the civ reps come in and give their 2 cents on current APD matter and try to find a middle ground for both factions? 

1 minute ago, DeadPool said:

Just a thought before the APD meeting have the civ reps come in and give their 2 cents on current APD matter and try to find a middle ground for both factions? 

Whether it takes place at a meeting, or an alternative medium, we would always be glad to hear your ideas and reasoning.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pledge said:

What makes the building suspicious, unless you're operating off of previous information not gained during your current gaming session? Do you actually see people going back and forth from the gang shed and choose not to intervene for a time while conduction reconnaissance? Or, are all "gang sheds" now suspicious and it's just happenstance that specific ones are continuously under "surveillance?" How far does RP take you before the cops acknowledge that they know where our gangsheds are, check the online players are who owns cartels, and say "let's camp X gangshed"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Creepy said:

What makes the building suspicious, unless you're operating off of previous information not gained during your current gaming session? Do you actually see people going back and forth from the gang shed and choose not to intervene for a time while conduction reconnaissance? Or, are all "gang sheds" now suspicious and it's just happenstance that specific ones are continuously under "surveillance?" How far does RP take you before the cops acknowledge that they know where our gangsheds are, check the online players are who owns cartels, and say "let's camp X gangshed"

Nah, all gang sheds are suspect because they're near a rebel and someone paid for it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Creepy said:

RP goes as far as to say that if we receive information or are acting on suspicion, we can conduct surveillance. There is nothing wrong with standing somewhere. If you have a problem with our business as previously outlined, or believe that we are irrational, you can speak to your civ rep @DeadPool, who would be happy to represent your views to the senior APD during one of our upcoming discussions. Otherwise, there is no point in going on with this conversation. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy said:

Creepy when you have time and I have time I will explain all the creepy shit that the sr see when approaching a house/gang shed. tbh I use to do some slimy shit when I was sgt so I know how it feels and the fun of it.

Just now, Pledge said:

RP goes as far as to say that if we receive information or are acting on suspicion, we can conduct surveillance. There is nothing wrong with standing somewhere. If you have a problem with our business as previously outlined, or believe that we are irrational, you can speak to your civ rep @DeadPool, who would be happy to represent your views to the senior APD during one of our upcoming discussions. Otherwise, there is no point in going on with this conversation. 

Just asking questions. We are specifically talking about whether or not there's something wrong with standing somewhere, when it's within 1KM of a rebel. I'm also asking what constitutes suspicion on a larger scale, in regards to all gangsheds whether they are inside the 1KM zone or not. Is there an actual identifiable reason for this suspicion, or are we en masse comfortable with saying "well, I know X gang has this gang shed because I fight them there on civ, and I've arrested them there 4 days ago so I'm going to just say I'm suspicious and go check it out."

When I was APD I was always told it was my best bet to completely avoid the towns closest to rebel (DP25, DP17, etc) to avoid even the appearance of camping a rebel.

If you don't want to continue this conversation, I'm fine with leaving it to the Civ Rep to present my questions. Maybe you'd enjoy talking with him more than you do me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ikiled said:

So, I see time in grade as a deputy doesn't carry over when re-applying-

Will time in grade as a PO carry over when you re-apply?

no, time in grade resets which each rank. If I was a deputy and got demoted, when I return as a deputy it resets. :)

46 minutes ago, Creepy said:

When I was APD I was always told it was my best bet to completely avoid the towns closest to rebel (DP25, DP17, etc) to avoid even the appearance of camping a rebel.

That to me is an extremist view on camping stuff. If you are actually afraid to enter towns like DP17 and DP25 then you were not taught very well on this issue.

In my opinion there is a pretty clear line on what is camping and what is not. Intention of officers, visual on the redzone, movement of officers, and total time doing this can easily dictate whether the intention of someone was to patrol the area or get a peak/camp the redzone. If someone is sitting in DP 17 and doesn't have visual, but is waiting for a car to go burning down the road towards the rebel so he can chase it, he is probably going to get talked to if he does it excessively. If someone is entering DP 17 for the sake of simply patrolling it, catches a few glimpses of rebel on his path around the city but doesn't make that his primary focus and then leaves the area after he deems it clear, then congrats. He did it right. 

All of you guys seriously expecting immunity from the APD going to your gangshed just because it's 800 meters from a redzone need to sit down and do some thinking.

Also - I do not condone camping a gangshed without an actual reason. I find it completely absurd when cops do it just because they see [Tree] on for example. However, as long as it appears to be within the bounds of rules and there is a pure intention of catching criminals, rather than camping a redzone, then I am not going to stop it. 

1 hour ago, DeadPool said:

Creepy when you have time and I have time I will explain all the creepy shit that the sr see when approaching a house/gang shed. tbh I use to do some slimy shit when I was sgt so I know how it feels and the fun of it.

Go ahead and elaborate here while your at it. Don't tease us now. Let's hear it. 

I have had my fair share of watching a gangshed from 1.5km out with some rangefinders. But to my defense there wasn't much going on as well as 9 times out of 10 that I personally have done it, I have had some pretty great reasons like having witnessed civilians there before in that session. 

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

That to me is an extremist view on camping stuff. If you are actually afraid to enter towns like DP17 and DP25 then you were not taught very well on this issue.

In my opinion there is a pretty clear line on what is camping and what is not. Intention of officers, visual on the redzone, movement of officers, and total time doing this can easily dictate whether the intention of someone was to patrol the area or get a peak/camp the redzone. If someone is sitting in DP 17 and doesn't have visual, but is waiting for a car to go burning down the road towards the rebel so he can chase it, he is probably going to get talked to if he does it excessively. If someone is entering DP 17 for the sake of simply patrolling it, catches a few glimpses of rebel on his path around the city but doesn't make that his primary focus and then leaves the area after he deems it clear, then congrats. He did it right. 

All of you guys seriously expecting immunity from the APD going to your gangshed just because it's 800 meters from a redzone need to sit down and do some thinking.

Also - I do not condone camping a gangshed without an actual reason. I find it completely absurd when cops do it just because they see [Tree] on for example. However, as long as it appears to be within the bounds of rules and there is a pure intention of catching criminals, rather than camping a redzone, then I am not going to stop it. 

Go ahead and elaborate here while your at it. Don't tease us now. Let's hear it. 

I have had my fair share of watching a gangshed from 1.5km out with some rangefinders. But to my defense there wasn't much going on as well as 9 times out of 10 that I personally have done it, I have had some pretty great reasons like having witnessed civilians there before in that session. 

I don’t expect immunity, but like you said I expect them to be there for a reason. Not “hey, we checked moonshine and no one was there. Is MC on? Oh, get in the orca we are going to camp.” That’s oretty excessive and I’m ashamed I did it to Tree and BW.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I find it completely absurd

So Sr. APD finds it completely absurd, but won't stop it?

34 minutes ago, Linka said:

I don’t expect immunity, but like you said I expect them to be there for a reason. Not “hey, we checked moonshine and no one was there. Is MC on? Oh, get in the orca we are going to camp.” That’s oretty excessive and I’m ashamed I did it to Tree and BW.

Apology accepted.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Creepy said:

So Sr. APD finds it completely absurd, but won't stop it?

I personally find it repulsive. In the same sense that I find it repulsive that some cops roleplay to the bare minimum. Essentially it is not something I am looking to update, just cops shouldn't expect to be perceived as good by any means for that stuff as well as don't expect a promotion coming your way for it. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I can't VOICE WORDS IT. But if I see some activity moving near a shed or have a slight hint that someone is using gang shed some spicy shit then I would be in the area. But I wouldn't sit the fucking gang shed and start singing the campfire song and waiting for someone to spawn in. Also If I felt someone was gonna do something in the house or gang shed I would remain to patrol the area and looking around for other shit. Why? I had Shadow play covering my back so I thought I saw something I could go back and watch my footage. I didnt need to stay eyes glued to ruin to someones day to make mine better.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

I can't VOICE WORDS IT. But if I see some activity moving near a shed or have a slight hint that someone is using gang shed some spicy shit then I would be in the area. But I wouldn't sit the fucking gang shed and start singing the campfire song and waiting for someone to spawn in. Also If I felt someone was gonna do something in the house or gang shed I would remain to patrol the area and looking around for other shit. Why? I had Shadow play covering my back so I thought I saw something I could go back and watch my footage. I didnt need to stay eyes glued to ruin to someones day to make mine better.

I was just referring to your use of slimy stuff as seniors. Yeah this is around what I would do though if I had knowledge of activity. 

33 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I was just referring to your use of slimy stuff as seniors. Yeah this is around what I would do though if I had knowledge of activity. 

Oh the slimy shit is sitting in gang sheds around the camp fire. Not trying to through shot but cough cough   4aa2fc0e56fb195b2ba6126efcb4aaba.png :eatmeth:

• Hmm 1
35 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

Oh the slimy shit is sitting in gang sheds around the camp fire. Not trying to through shot but cough cough   4aa2fc0e56fb195b2ba6126efcb4aaba.png :eatmeth:

RHsM5fK.jpg
believe it or not we were only here for like 2 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2