is it rdm to shoot out my tires before initiation?

7 hours ago, Plumber said:

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

thats great! but since ur an admin i need to ask you, i lost 200 processed oil that i was gonna sell. if i provide proof of him skirting can i get him banned + have him comp me/get comped but the server?

10 minutes ago, Piner said:

That's outrageously dumb that you could get banned for shooting someone's tires out then engaging.

how so? by shooting out someones tires.. 99% of the time the person is going to fire back or put hands up...either way you INITIATED a fight, WITHOUT engagement. How does this not make sense...

• Downvote 1

Don't get greedy, turn it in or ask for comp, not both.

And you should always engaged first, unless in  a red zone. Then shoot out the tires. Someone was camping plat/coke/oil road sitting under the bridge just west of the processes by the bay. Shot my tires out as I drove past, I had no time to do anything, my window go shot out the same time he ran up to engage, then I go tazed pulled out and the one taped leathel. I think I recorded it but didn't turn it in yet.

There is someone or a group abusing this. However sounds like you just had bad luck man. This is arma. Join a group team and team up.

Or enter my mega lotto tonight, server 2. 

Edited by Theak
7 hours ago, MAV said:

how so? by shooting out someones tires.. 99% of the time the person is going to fire back or put hands up...either way you INITIATED a fight, WITHOUT engagement. How does this not make sense...

You are shooting someones vehicle in an attempt to disable it, therefore allowing them free fire on you.  If they shoot and miss, that seems fair as you are now both engaged.  It would be absurd to receive a ban for their non compliance if they don't make a hostile move and you then engage them through normal means.

16 hours ago, Theak said:

Don't get greedy, turn it in or ask for comp, not both.

wrong, submit both a player report and a compensation report. Its not getting greedy.

10 hours ago, Piner said:

You are shooting someones vehicle in an attempt to disable it, therefore allowing them free fire on you.  If they shoot and miss, that seems fair as you are now both engaged.  It would be absurd to receive a ban for their non compliance if they don't make a hostile move and you then engage them through normal means.

You have given them NO command/demand to comply to. Also you have now stranded someone with little options of escape before you've engaged them... its common sense... in a game where RP and engagement is needed, its should be common sense that you need to engage with someone BEFORE shooting at them.

• Like 1
On 4/25/2018 at 5:59 PM, Dαnte said:

Are you acting like that is something new? SHOULD WE GET 90% OF OUR STEAM MESSAGES ON BLAST OR? ;)

This is new? I haven't heard of this up to this point 1. Cause it wasn't clarified in your server rules 2. Only discussed in a staff meeting.

• Admin
2 hours ago, MrBoonie said:

This is new? I haven't heard of this up to this point 1. Cause it wasn't clarified in your server rules 2. Only discussed in a staff meeting.

“Are you acting like this is something new”

i was referring to aunt blowing up my steam with all his dumbass questions on the daily 

23 hours ago, MAV said:

wrong, submit both a player report and a compensation report. Its not getting greedy. You have given them NO command/demand to comply to. Also you have now stranded someone with little options of escape before you've engaged them... its common sense... in a game where RP and engagement is needed, its should be common sense that you need to engage with someone BEFORE shooting at them.

You are not shooting at them, you are shooting at their vehicle to disable it, they have 6 (7) options,

1. Get out and run away

2. Get out run away to find cover then shoot back when said shooter least expects it.

3. Hands up

4. Hands up and try to roleplay situation

5. Shoot back (engages you to him and risk dying) this is the sketch part, Say he does shoot, if robbers hold fire until Engagement text is sent. can we then shoot him?

6. If you have time, jump out and repair the vehicle

7. Jump out and repair the vehicle or call the cops

On 4/25/2018 at 4:50 PM, Metro said:

If someone shoots at my vehicle I'm putting a bullet in them, 

Shooting at someone's vehicle is hostile activity. so they have the right to shoot you back

correct me if I am wrong but RDM stands for Random Death Match, and shooting a pair of tires does not involve death, 

sure it may be skirting rules but look at it like this, this is how I see it

You are engaging him to you. so he can kill you but until he shoots back you are not to kill him without engagement

even if he runs away or shoots back you still can't kill him. If the said player chooses to hide behind his truck or go for cover to slowly pick robbers off he can use that to his advantage, since we still can't kill him until text has been sent 

On 4/25/2018 at 4:50 PM, Aunt Jemima said:

Can this be put in the rules then please? This has been brought up so many times and every time it was always said shooting tires without engagement is not rdm nor bannable and I think a lot of the older players still believe that so if staffs opinion on this has changed can we get it in the rules?

Not new. Been like this since I joined staff. If you shoot someone without roleplay and kill them it's RDM.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:29 PM, Caleb Snackbar said:

What if someone continuously vdmd you can you just shoot out their tires so they can’t hit you again or am I gonna be banned

You can only be banned if you kill them.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, MrBoonie said:

Not new.

It is very clearly clarified in the server rules; Killing or tazing another player without any role-play will result in administrative action.

So technically, you could shoot out someones tires without engaging, as long as you properly engaged them before killing them, and it would still be within the rules?

This is how I've seen it done before, and how I've done it myself. You can shoot out someones tires to prevent escape, but you cannot kill them until you've given them a "hands up or die," even if they're shooting at you.

Edited by -|R|- Hawkons
3 minutes ago, -|R|- Hawkons said:

So technically, you could shoot out someones tires without engaging, as long as you properly engaged them before killing them, and it would still be within the rules?

This is how I've seen it done before, and how I've done it myself. You can shoot out someones tires to prevent escape, but you cannot kill them until you've given them a "hands up or die," even if they're shooting at you.

That's not true. If you shoot tires out and then engage after and kill them it's RDM. We consider this skirting rules and not within the spirit of the game.

41 minutes ago, McDili said:

Not new. Been like this since I joined staff. If you shoot someone without roleplay and kill them it's RDM.

You can only be banned if you kill them.

Not new.

It is very clearly clarified in the server rules; Killing or tazing another player without any role-play will result in administrative action.

Are you dense? KILLING OR TAZING ANOTHER PLAYER WITHOUT ANY ROLE-PLAY WILL RESULT IN ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION..... I DIDN'T REALIZE TIRES WERE AN ACTUAL PLAYER..... Sorry good to know now dili.

-.-

4 minutes ago, MrBoonie said:

Are you dense? KILLING OR TAZING ANOTHER PLAYER WITHOUT ANY ROLE-PLAY WILL RESULT IN ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION..... I DIDN'T REALIZE TIRES WERE AN ACTUAL PLAYER..... Sorry good to know now dili.

-.-

Shooting the tires themselves without engaging the player isn't against the rules, it only becomes against the rules if you end up killing the player. You need to make a demand before firing. The only exception to this is warning shots against aerial units.

1 hour ago, -|R|- Hawkons said:

wrong

On 4/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, Plumber said:

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

Thanks for Clarification, People shoot medic's tires out all the time to get their attention does this apply for medics as well or not because they cant be robbed?   

4 hours ago, McDili said:

Shooting the tires themselves without engaging the player isn't against the rules, it only becomes against the rules if you end up killing the player. You need to make a demand before firing. The only exception to this is warning shots against aerial units.

I was just told up above dili, if I shoot out someone's tires without engaging and don't kill the player I can be banned for "skirting" rules like the fuck is that bullshit? I've been doing that since year one and will continue to do it to be honest. If I don't kill the player it's not RDM, if I can get out a text on the individual I would love to, in some cases that ain't the luxury.

7 minutes ago, MrBoonie said:

I was just told up above dili, if I shoot out someone's tires without engaging and don't kill the player I can be banned for "skirting" rules like the fuck is that bullshit? I've been doing that since year one and will continue to do it to be honest. If I don't kill the player it's not RDM, if I can get out a text on the individual I would love to, in some cases that ain't the luxury.

Eh, no sir. I'm saying the exact same thing Dante said. It's only a ban if the player dies.

18 minutes ago, McDili said:

Eh, no sir. I'm saying the exact same thing Dante said. It's only a ban if the player dies.

So. If I shoot out some tires on a truck, don't even strike the driver once. He then gets out and shoots at me, which I then in turn claim self defense and lay his ass out and kill him. I'm now going to be banned for RDM even though... technically he is the one who attempted to RDM me but failed? At that point we were both claiming self defense.

22 minutes ago, McDili said:

Then I'm fucking popping tires like I break NLR.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So. If I shoot out some tires on a truck, don't even strike the driver once. He then gets out and shoots at me, which I then in turn claim self defense and lay his ass out and kill him. I'm now going to be banned for RDM even though... technically he is the one who attempted to RDM me but failed? At that point we were both claiming self defense.

@McDili ^^^^^^