Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Why are you not allowed to wear cop titles on civ?

Just now, SPBojo said:

Cop titles are for cop, Civ titles are for civ, R&R titles are for R&R.

Yeah but..it's a word underneath your gang name? Why restrict it to just those jobs. What is it hurting?

• Like 1
Just now, mentalgaming13 said:

Yeah but..it's a word underneath your gang name? Why restrict it to just those jobs. What is it hurting?

I couldn't answer that question even if i wanted to, that's up to staff not me :)

• Admin

Well for one, it can be a bit confusing. 

For instance, you’re on civ and decide to wear your “patrol officer” title. Some people might think you’re an actual P.O.  not an experienced player but could be confusing to the summer fags 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dante said:

Well for one, it can be a bit confusing. 

For instance, you’re on civ and decide to wear your “patrol officer” title. Some people might think you’re an actual P.O.  not an experienced player but could be confusing to the summer fags 

Ok..so. Asking for a friend, how bad will I be punished if im caught with cop tags on civ

Think about what you are asking...

18b1057f783eeb37527ee6555c3b2e50.png 

COP titles on CIV....

I personally like having faction locked titles and wish they were all faction locked. That way career cops hop on civ and have no tags what so ever cause they have no experience on civ and vise versa. So you get to show off your accomplishments only on the faction you got them on and because honestly civs dont really care about how many arrests you have.

4 hours ago, mentalgaming13 said:

What is it hurting?

It doesnt hurt anything but I personally dont like the idea of someone career copping getting titles and having absolutely no experience on civ coming over and having a title right off the bat. Having cross faction titles makes people work less for their titles since they can get one really good title on a faction and rep it on every faction, if theyre faction locked it makes players have to grind out on each faction specifically to be able to get any titles and not simply wear a cop or medic title because they have no civ titles.

• Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Think about what you are asking...

18b1057f783eeb37527ee6555c3b2e50.png 

COP titles on CIV....

I personally like having faction locked titles and wish they were all faction locked. That way career cops hop on civ and have no tags what so ever cause they have no experience on civ and vise versa. So you get to show off your accomplishments only on the faction you got them on and because honestly civs dont really care about how many arrests you have.

It doesnt hurt anything but I personally dont like the idea of someone career copping getting titles and having absolutely no experience on civ coming over and having a title right off the bat. Having cross faction titles makes people work less for their titles since they can get one really good title on a faction and rep it on every faction, if theyre faction locked it makes players have to grind out on each faction specifically to be able to get any titles and not simply wear a cop or medic title because they have no civ titles.

Conversely the argument we went with is that they earned the title and should be able to show it off on any faction.

3 hours ago, McDili said:

Conversely the argument we went with is that they earned the title and should be able to show it off on any faction.

I guess...but I still think this was made so people don't feel left out for not having a title to wear so that everyone gets a title and cross faction titles makes titles less meaningful.

15 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

I guess...but I still think this was made so people don't feel left out for not having a title to wear so that everyone gets a title and cross faction titles makes titles less meaningful.

Nah wasn't really considering people feeling left out or anything. Titles are very easy to come by regardless. It's more about the much harder to reach titles. For example, there's a certain number of kills that isn't listed but the first person to get there will have a title that currently nobody has (And probably won't have for a while). Anybody who has killed 5000 people as an example spent a lot of time to get there. To us it made sense that such a person should be able to show off their title at any time cause they earned it.

I don't think it diminishes the meaning of titles in the least. You do the goal you earn the title, being able to wear that on all factions doesn't make that any less of a grind.