Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 7/3/18

15 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Walk away from an orca stacked with cops right on top of you while you have a tempest and you say I’m being retarded? Obviously this has you defensive and I get it but look at it with an unbiased point of view and you will see I’m right. Corporal air units over illegal zones is killing big illegal civ runs, especially during peak hours. Anyway Dante said no so it’s pointless for me to argue this any further. I will say this sort of bs is what did eventually kill off Asylum and I have years of experience there with that, much more than you do here.

The inherent issue with all this is what do you view as a “Good” distribution of illegal runs being completed and sold to legal runs being completed and sold I am on mobile currently so can’t get data but last time I checked it was around 60% legal to 40% illegal and while this doesn’t show runs that were caught.We can use this number to determine what the server wants as a “healthy” ratio I would say for the last few months pre double processing around 70% legal and 30% illegal so as we buff the possible reward we get closer to a 50/50 ratio and this shows all that needs to be done is buff the reward not nerf the risk.

I know I haven't been a member of Olympus for very long and my opinion probably doesn't mean as much as most, but from a new players point of view Cops using helis to patrol illegal areas is a big issue. I currently run the [Trash] Gang on server 1 and in my week of playing on Olympus I have done nothing but a diamond run or two and then I just do illegal runs of mushrooms and acid. The only time officers show up to the illegal areas from what I've noticed, for the most part, is in helicopters. Only in 2 instances in my week of time on the server has a situation occurred where police showed up on ground vehicles to illegal zone excluding Pharma and Fed robberies. My gang primarily attacks people who are doing illegal zone drugs and we have no issue going in on a ground vehicle and killing/apprehending enemies and the cops should not either. We split up and push the zones at the same time from opposite sides and sandwich the people who may be doing illegal drugs. The problem with this is, nobody is really doing illegal drugs. Monday night we had 1 situation in like 5-6 hours. I genuinely believe that this has to do with the fact that most of the time civilians have to either outrun or out shoot police in helicopters. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Harry Stooge said:

I know I haven't been a member of Olympus for very long and my opinion probably doesn't mean as much as most, but from a new players point of view Cops using helis to patrol illegal areas is a big issue. I currently run the [Trash] Gang on server 1 and in my week of playing on Olympus I have done nothing but a diamond run or two and then I just do illegal runs of mushrooms and acid. The only time officers show up to the illegal areas from what I've noticed, for the most part, is in helicopters. Only in 2 instances in my week of time on the server has a situation occurred where police showed up on ground vehicles to illegal zone excluding Pharma and Fed robberies. My gang primarily attacks people who are doing illegal zone drugs and we have no issue going in on a ground vehicle and killing/apprehending enemies and the cops should not either. We split up and push the zones at the same time from opposite sides and sandwich the people who may be doing illegal drugs. The problem with this is, nobody is really doing illegal drugs. Monday night we had 1 situation in like 5-6 hours. I genuinely believe that this has to do with the fact that most of the time civilians have to either outrun or out shoot police in helicopters. 

Just war everyone and sit in kavala 

• Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, Harry Stooge said:

A trend I see is illegal runs declining now that population + apd presence has increased in the last few months: https://gyazo.com/34a6fcd508d3c64a8574856441b8ea5b  Additionally, these statistics do not take into account runs during the day during peak hours vs late night runs when cop presence is minimal and done by only a subset of the server population. Numbers don't always paint the entire picture. 

17 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I already did buddy go read my original post. Remove corporal ability to patrol illegal areas with helicopters as it’s too OP for that rank and kills civ life. Only Sgt+ should have this ability.

So basically we can only have them for transportation? Maybe it wouldn’t be bad if it was something like, first wave has to be on ground, then following waves can come in on air units. Or maybe limit that rule only to orca cause frankly, the hummingbird is paper and easy to shoot down. I don’t think it’s a big problem, but if it truly is, then do not completely take away corpabilities to use a helicopter.

• Like 1
On 7/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, Darkon said:

-1 to PO raid warrants tbh. In my whole time as cop I've rarely had the need to actually get a corp+ to raid a house. While it obviously does happen on occasion, it's mostly in Kavala and I feel like that was one of the features that made corporal a special rank. Too much mismatching for POs and Corporals at this point imo. 

In addition, I feel like road kits will become obsolete with the addition to it for POs. While it can invigorate role play, I highly doubt it will be used widespread after time. Deputies and POs liked to team up with corporals in little squadrons to set up checkpoints and while this doesn't really prevent that from happening, you are again taking "corporal" out of the bigger picture.

To be fair, corporals are rarely in Kavala and usually don't like going there...so giving it to the PO's "holding down the fort in Kavala is a cool addition.

17 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Walk away from an orca stacked with cops right on top of you while you have a tempest and you say I’m being retarded? Obviously this has you defensive and I get it but look at it with an unbiased point of view and you will see I’m right. Corporal air units over illegal zones is killing big illegal civ runs, especially during peak hours. Anyway Dante said no so it’s pointless for me to argue this any further. I will say this sort of bs is what did eventually kill off Asylum and I have years of experience there with that, much more than you do here.

Corporals have had heli's for years... dont you think it would have killed off Olympus too? What killed Asylum was lazy devs that lost interest in the server...plain and simple.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MAV said:

To be fair, corporals are rarely in Kavala and usually don't like going there...so giving it to the PO's "holding down the fort in Kavala is a cool addition.

They don't ever need to be in kavala except for those rare times that I'm talking about where someone over coms says "Can a corporal come help raid this house? He had a mill+ bounty and is locked inside" in which any corporal will say "Sure" and fly right over.

3 minutes ago, Darkon said:

They don't ever need to be in kavala except for those rare times that I'm talking about where someone over coms says "Can a corporal come help raid this house? He had a mill+ bounty and is locked inside" in which any corporal will say "Sure" and fly right over.

ok, but what about the other 95% of the time when its like a ~200K bounty locked in a house? Since PO's already can vault windows, raiding was the next logical step.