Computer not booting up

• Admin

Hey guys,

Been a while, I know. Hope all is well. One of the reasons? My computer is not booting up and I’ve tried millions of things to troubleshoot. I know there are a lot of you out there a lot smarter than I am so please watch the video and tell me your thoughts. It was perfectly fine before, I did however leave for a 11 day trip and it stayed connected to my backup battery. Thanks! 

@McDili Uber nerd. :) And yes I was pissed off as you can hear in the video. 

Bump because I am a desperate little girl. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Fedot said:

Motherboard Model? The numbers on the MB are like Beep Codes.

Your MB may be fried. But just in case remove the two GPU's and try to boot your monitor from the Motherboard

Asus ROG Maximus hero VII. Mobo doesn’t have onboard video. I did try the computer with just the processor/PSU/mobo. Gives the same response. I reseated the cpu as well. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Asus ROG Maximus hero VII. Mobo doesn’t have onboard video. I did try the computer with just the processor/PSU/mobo. Gives the same response. I reseated the cpu as well. 

maybe a psu problem but i'm not good with computers so I wouldn't know

Also, could be some stupid shit like you outlet being weird. I have had an outlet be wierd and turn off my monitor every few minutes.

Edited by Lukeee
  • Like 1

So you only have no display, that's significantly better than it not powering on. Try your motherboards hdmi port to see if you get display. If so, it will most likely be an issue with your graphics cards, try one at a time to see if they output display individually, and then retry with your SLI bridge. It may be an issue with your drivers but I don't see that being the cause. If you have a post card on your motherboard (led number thing) tell me the post code and motherboard model. I'm not sure if your PC posted correctly as there isn't a speaker on your motherboard. I would check your power supply as well, it might be dying and not supplying enough power to your sexy SLI. Let me know the results, if your motherboard outputs display, then boot your PC and remove all drivers for your card and reinstall them, make sure they come up correctly without errors in "Device Manager".

Edited by Big Steve
editz
  • Like 1

@Bubbaloo Burrito

Couple suggestions;

If you have spare hardware (that is compatible) it wouldn't be a bad idea to do some part swaps, to narrow down the issue.

I've located your motherboard's manual, in the video, the MB produced 3 codes; "00", "9A", and "95"
According to the manual (found here), the "00" is "Not Used"(so a placeholder), "9A" is "USB initialization is started" , and "95" is "PCI Bus Request Resources".

Based on the info above, I would try disconnecting all of your USB devices, and try to power on. If still no luck, I would try only one GPU at a time, then try the other.(i.e. not simultaneously (SLI))

Also, based on past experiences, with my i7-4700K, one of the cores died, I was able to boot into my BIOS and run off of 3 cores rather than all 4. (But you can't even get into your BIOS)

Hope this helps, and let me know if it did or didn't! :D:D

• Like 1
  • Admin
9 minutes ago, BananaHammock said:

@Bubbaloo Burrito

Couple suggestions;

If you have spare hardware (that is compatible) it wouldn't be a bad idea to do some part swaps, to narrow down the issue.

I've located your motherboard's manual, in the video, the MB produced 3 codes; "00", "9A", and "95"
According to the manual (found here), the "00" is "Not Used"(so a placeholder), "9A" is "USB initialization is started" , and "95" is "PCI Bus Request Resources".

Based on the info above, I would try disconnecting all of your USB devices, and try to power on. If still no luck, I would try only one GPU at a time, then try the other.(i.e. not simultaneously (SLI))

Also, based on past experiences, with my i7-4700K, one of the cores died, I was able to boot into my BIOS and run off of 3 cores rather than all 4. (But you can't even get into your BIOS)

Hope this helps, and let me know if it did or didn't! :D:D

Thanks a lot man! 

• Like 1

If you look on your motherboard, there is a code, this will most likely indicate the cause of the problem... although, the codes can be wrong. What i may suggest, maybe cpu is fried (have you overclocked at stable temperatures?), the power supply is faulty and not giving enough power to boot, ensure all cables are connected. IF NONE OF THIS WORKS, what i did when i had a similar problem was. Buy one part on amazon, swap it in my pc... if it solved the problem, i kept it. If it didn't, i would send the part back to amazon and purchase a different part that may cause the problem. This allows you to find out what is wrong without paying for shipping or a technician, this is very effective seeing that amazon doesn't charge for shipping or for returning for any products. win-win. Good luck!

• Admin
1 hour ago, SiNFULL said:

If you look on your motherboard, there is a code, this will most likely indicate the cause of the problem... although, the codes can be wrong. What i may suggest, maybe cpu is fried (have you overclocked at stable temperatures?), the power supply is faulty and not giving enough power to boot, ensure all cables are connected. IF NONE OF THIS WORKS, what i did when i had a similar problem was. Buy one part on amazon, swap it in my pc... if it solved the problem, i kept it. If it didn't, i would send the part back to amazon and purchase a different part that may cause the problem. This allows you to find out what is wrong without paying for shipping or a technician, this is very effective seeing that amazon doesn't charge for shipping or for returning for any products. win-win. Good luck!

Thanks! I purchased a new power supply but did not solve the problem. I am guessing the CPU and/or motherboard is damaged but being an 1150 socket it will be difficult to buy and exchange parts as there are not going to be many. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Thanks! I purchased a new power supply but did not solve the problem. I am guessing the CPU and/or motherboard is damaged but being an 1150 socket it will be difficult to buy and exchange parts as there are not going to be many. 

No problem! Love to help out. I would assume its your CPU or motherboard. Why? Because you motherboard was giving out codes that led me to nothing. Or CPU seeing that it is a little old, maybe its done its time. Keep me posted!

• Like 1