Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

The Real Police!!!

Do you like the police? (Real Police)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the police? (Real Police)

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Chance. said:

I mean the Officers received a call that there was a hostage in that room. The kid didn’t follow commands and reached in his back pocket a couple times. reaching, especially when warned not to do, warrants lethal force. Officer safety first. This officer was tried for murder but acquitted since it was a clean shoot. The kid should’ve just listened, it happens.

The kid was drunk and crying the officer shot him in cold blood, The kid did not have a gun in his pocket and I think anyone watching could see that pretty quickly like yeah tell me how this man actually ending anothers life is justified. You can't write it off as it just happens cause it shouldn't happen, tell me what crime did this guy commit cause I don't think anything he may have done warrants death.

1 minute ago, Hoonter said:

The kid was drunk and crying the officer shot him in cold blood, The kid did not have a gun in his pocket and I think anyone watching could see that pretty quickly like yeah tell me how this man actually ending anothers life is justified. You can't write it off as it just happens cause it shouldn't happen, tell me what crime did this guy commit cause I don't think anything he may have done warrants death.

Tell me how you would approach a dispatch call that stated there was a man holding a women hostage in the room with a gun. Would you be on edge, especially when seeing the two walking out of the room? Would you be on edge if you told the kid 3 times to not reach behind him and he did it again? Clearly it was justified, as it went to a high court and the officer faced no charges. He simply resigned as an officer in Arizona. What shouldn’t happen is FALSE REPORTS like this. Law enforcement is a serious, serious branch of our government. They have guns, and they take possible loss of life EXTREMELY seriously. 

You have your opinion, which is fine. Please don’t touch on this here my man.

11 minutes ago, Chance. said:

Tell me how you would approach a dispatch call that stated there was a man holding a women hostage in the room with a gun. Would you be on edge, especially when seeing the two walking out of the room? Would you be on edge if you told the kid 3 times to not reach behind him and he did it again? Clearly it was justified, as it went to a high court and the officer faced no charges. He simply resigned as an officer in Arizona.

7a6108a2c4fc17dc50b8daaafc3afbb5.png

No reason why they couldn't just cuff the guy while he was laying down tbh

My 2 cents here, media profits heavily when there is a police wrongful shooting.. so anytime they can sink their teeth into a story it's going to be twisted and turned until no one but the people directly involved knows what actually happened... Does that mean there still are no wrongful shootings? No, there certainly are ..but not nearly as often as those would think..

The current US youth has a serious systemic authority complex which they believe they know better and if they aren't (to their knowledge) breaking the law, they don't need to listen to law enforcement because "they know their rights" ... Guess what, cop or not, you listen to the man with the gun, each time they give you an order and you disobey, you make the situation that more tense, and the officer that more nervious. At the end of the day swallow your pride and suck some dick.. the guy with the gun always wins so you better listen to him...

PS. The fact the man was drunk does not discredit his actions... A matter of fact, if I rolled up on a drunk guy I'd be a bit more nervious because people tend to do stupid shit while drunk (experience of that one).. he put himself into that situation and is refusing officers orders.. not saying he deserved to be shot, but it's a lot easier to nit pick after the fact because we now know he wasn't armed (remember the 911 call said he was armed...)

Finally one example doesn't define  all officers... Sure now you'll like 30 other shootings that could be considered "questionable"... But then I'll link hundreds to thousands of cops who died because they hesitated to act when someone failed to follow their orders..

What's your dream agency?

I've always wanted to go into LE and did some training which I loved but honestly I'd rather be a politician so I can make changes at a macro level. Since the law school I wanna attend is in Canada I was thinking of joining the O.P.P. as an auxiliary then moving to sworn once I get my law degree. Then In would do 3 years and still be old enough to join the U.N. under their Young Professional Program.

5 hours ago, MAV said:

My 2 cents here, media profits heavily when there is a police wrongful shooting.. so anytime they can sink their teeth into a story it's going to be twisted and turned until no one but the people directly involved knows what actually happened... Does that mean there still are no wrongful shootings? No, there certainly are ..but not nearly as often as those would think..

The current US youth has a serious systemic authority complex which they believe they know better and if they aren't (to their knowledge) breaking the law, they don't need to listen to law enforcement because "they know their rights" ... Guess what, cop or not, you listen to the man with the gun, each time they give you an order and you disobey, you make the situation that more tense, and the officer that more nervious. At the end of the day swallow your pride and suck some dick.. the guy with the gun always wins so you better listen to him...

PS. The fact the man was drunk does not discredit his actions... A matter of fact, if I rolled up on a drunk guy I'd be a bit more nervious because people tend to do stupid shit while drunk (experience of that one).. he put himself into that situation and is refusing officers orders.. not saying he deserved to be shot, but it's a lot easier to nit pick after the fact because we now know he wasn't armed (remember the 911 call said he was armed...)

Finally one example doesn't define  all officers... Sure now you'll like 30 other shootings that could be considered "questionable"... But then I'll link hundreds to thousands of cops who died because they hesitated to act when someone failed to follow their orders..

Well said. I agree 100%.

3 hours ago, sploding said:

What's your dream agency?

I've always wanted to go into LE and did some training which I loved but honestly I'd rather be a politician so I can make changes at a macro level. Since the law school I wanna attend is in Canada I was thinking of joining the O.P.P. as an auxiliary then moving to sworn once I get my law degree. Then In would do 3 years and still be old enough to join the U.N. under their Young Professional Program.

Start as a patrolmen somewhere, have a business on the side to create profit since I also love entrepreneurship. After this, either try to go to the FBI, or advance to be a detective.

In terms of a dream agency, I’d love to be a deputy at Pasco County down in Florida.

P.S. I always had a feeling I could be a politician from being a cop, but you can’t just make it a job unless you get some serious monetary backing from whichever party you are representing, but awesome, go for it! If you become an ambassador let me know :D

Edited by Chance.

Some cops are nice i've been let go after beating a guy senseless because he hit me in the back of my head and his friends attacked me and my friends but ive also met one who looked like he was on coke and wanted to fight me he kept pushing me threw me on the ground put handcuffs on me and started kicking me in the side and face with his knee i even got a ticket for pushing him even though i never touched him or resisted. I've seen a friend being beaten up the in the back of a police car with a flashlight because he was standing near a fight and watching we had to piss on there car to get them away from him so we could get him out.

I dont trust cops but some are nice depends on the area your in and the cop your dealing with.

One of the funniest things i've seen was a cops reaction when he looked in my closet with airsoft weapons the dude grabbed his gun and almost shit himself when he saw a M60, M4, 2 Colt M1911, M203 grenade launcher plus grenades and a couple of other weapons i had a good laugh with his buddy because of that.

1 hour ago, Chance. said:

Well said. I agree 100%.

Start as a patrolmen somewhere, have a business on the side to create profit since I also love entrepreneurship. After this, either try to go to the FBI, or advance to be a detective.

In terms of a dream agency, I’d love to be a deputy at Pasco County down in Florida.

P.S. I always had a feeling I could be a politician from being a cop, but you can’t just make it a job unless you get some serious monetary backing from whichever party you are representing, but awesome, go for it! If you become an ambassador let me know :D

Yeah, good luck and if you want to stay in LE Sheriffs are elected.

I'm from Brasil but spend most of my life abroad, back there my family's "trades" are diplomacy, politics, and general government or "liberal professional" work so I'd have that going for me. LE was/is a dream so I'd like to do it for a little bit since I have an easy gateway the U.N. until I turn 27.

The U.N. pays really well for their "professional" staff and as a lawyer, it's a good way to get experience in international relations, get a prosecution record for human rights law and get your name out there while making connections If I do go into the UN I'll be the 3rd generation of my family to go into the foreign service. Once I have a decent cushion I'd like to move to Brasil and start working in politics while going back to school for Brasilian law then eventually run for Congress. In my family, we also have a decent amount of politicians with 1 president and 1 speaker of the house so I could also use the family angle to help me get into one of the bigger parties.

9 minutes ago, sploding said:

Yeah, good luck and if you want to stay in LE Sheriffs are elected.

I'm from Brasil but spend most of my life abroad, back there my family's "trades" are diplomacy, politics, and general government or "liberal professional" work so I'd have that going for me. LE was/is a dream so I'd like to do it for a little bit since I have an easy gateway the U.N. until I turn 27.

The U.N. pays really well for their "professional" staff and as a lawyer, it's a good way to get experience in international relations, get a prosecution record for human rights law and get your name out there while making connections If I do go into the UN I'll be the 3rd generation of my family to go into the foreign service. Once I have a decent cushion I'd like to move to Brasil and start working in politics while going back to school for Brasilian law then eventually run for Congress. In my family, we also have a decent amount of politicians with 1 president and 1 speaker of the house so I could also use the family angle to help me get into one of the bigger parties.

Hahaha what do you think of Bolsonaro brother? Also what part are you from, I am originally from São Paulo.

22 minutes ago, CommanderSuki said:

Some cops are nice i've been let go after beating a guy senseless because he hit me in the back of my head and his friends attacked me and my friends but ive also met one who looked like he was on coke and wanted to fight me he kept pushing me threw me on the ground put handcuffs on me and started kicking me in the side and face with his knee i even got a ticket for pushing him even though i never touched him or resisted. I've seen a friend being beaten up the in the back of a police car with a flashlight because he was standing near a fight and watching we had to piss on there car to get them away from him so we could get him out.

I dont trust cops but some are nice depends on the area your in and the cop your dealing with.

One of the funniest things i've seen was a cops reaction when he looked in my closet with airsoft weapons the dude grabbed his gun and almost shit himself when he saw a M60, M4, 2 Colt M1911, M203 grenade launcher plus grenades and a couple of other weapons i had a good laugh with his buddy because of that.

My god lmao

Edited by Chance.

cops think they are "gods" their egos are like @Lion's its fucking dog shit lmao. Now don't get me wrong there are some cool cops that I wouldn't have a problem with but the majority get in your face when your doing nothing trying to get a fight out of it because they lack in the bedroom!

14 minutes ago, .Jackson Smith said:

cops think they are "gods" their egos are like @Lion's its fucking dog shit lmao. Now don't get me wrong there are some cool cops that I wouldn't have a problem with but the majority get in your face when your doing nothing trying to get a fight out of it because they lack in the bedroom!

uh. Ok.

After taking police-tech here in Montreal for a year. I understand the risk cops take every time they start a shift. I respect cops 100%, and in one year from now, i will also be risking my life for the safety of others. I also understand where the people that hate cops are coming from... its clear to see they have heard some stories of "police abuse", or people getting shot by an officer "for no reason". Yes, cops that are mean as shit exist and there are some that cant do their job... but IN NO WAY does that make up the vast majority of officers.

Thank you for doing what you do, you have my at most respect.

53 minutes ago, SiNFULL said:

After taking police-tech here in Montreal for a year. I understand the risk cops take every time they start a shift. I respect cops 100%, and in one year from now, i will also be risking my life for the safety of others. I also understand where the people that hate cops are coming from... its clear to see they have heard some stories of "police abuse", or people getting shot by an officer "for no reason". Yes, cops that are mean as shit exist and there are some that cant do their job... but IN NO WAY does that make up the vast majority of officers.

Thank you for doing what you do, you have my at most respect.

God bless you, hope to call you a brother in blue soon!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Silton said:

Police are mostly good but they still haven't returned my pc

How long was the schools internet out for? lmaoo

And I was seriously considering becoming a member of the rcmp but the training was all done in Saskatchewan and you had to be situated away from your home province for a year afterwards. 

Edited by Aunt Jemima
16 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

And I was seriously considering becoming a member of the rcmp but the training was all done in Saskatchewan and you had to be situated away from your home province for a year afterwards. 

RCMP pay is also shit, O.P.P. has a similar gig but when you finish your probie period and make 1st class you're making 98k/y and the RCMP is generally behind on giving their officers the latest gear, most town police officers make more with better working conditions.

• Like 1

Don’t worry about pay as a cop. Own a business or invest on the side. There is nothing better than holding a public office and being paid from the public, and reinvesting that money economically to make a lot more for yourself!!!

Oh Capitalism.

10 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

my man hit his school offline for not 1, not 2, but 4 days 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Chance. said:

Don’t worry about pay as a cop. Own a business or invest on the side. There is nothing better than holding a public office and being paid from the public, and reinvesting that money economically to make a lot more for yourself!!!

Oh Capitalism.

Dude in Canada the pay very much matters as far as agency choice, Canada has a vary high cost of living and provinces like Ontario have it tremendously high. Most agencies in major cities pay above 92k annually when you finish training and reach 3 years, cities like Vancouver have officers making 102k before overtime and benefits after 4 years while the RCMP tops out at 86k for officers after 5 progression steps which is well below what most officers make at other agencies with the same rank, time in and and OT/benefits. The RCMP can also be sent anywhere in the country so cost of living is sometimes higher than city or provincial cops.

The RCMP also sucks as an employer because they're the biggest agency and extremely slow to change, in the late 2000s most agencies already issued out patrol carbines, RCMP officers wanted them and the RCMP only started to implement the program after 2 mounties were killed because they lacked rifles and not everyone got a rifle when they did get issued, that pattern goes with all the kit as their weapons and gear are outdated or overused. The OPP is an agency with an almost identical job but their constables make 98k after 3 years before overtime and side jobs, most get issued newer cars and mostly chargers or SUV's and all their officers had rifles before the RCMP, and they're not too far working conditions wise from a city PD while mounties get worked into the ground for below average pay and benefits.

• Downvote 2