Why does the ban appeal process exist......

Not only has your ban appeal been in for only 21 hours but during that time you’ve spammed the living fuck out of me. Like others have said I have other shit that takes priority over so I’ll get to you when I have minute. Chill the fuck out.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Airborne said:

Not only has your ban appeal been in for only 21 hours but during that time you’ve spammed the living fuck out of me.

Does this mean you're officially now a dead fuck? 

Dude let's have zero patience because I want these actual people to drop all their responsibilities that pertain to their personal health and financials to respond to my suspension to a server in a video game. *Knock knock* You there dumb ass? People don't get paid for this you know. I played this server for years without getting banned for breaking a rule so my advice to you is don't break a rule. And also to flex your donations to this server. It was your choice to donate you should never use that as leverage to get priority lol.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Although it’s a good idea, we tend to keep ban evidence private unless the banned player shares it. Having this system will cause people to grab other peoples ban evidence, and there really wouldn’t be a way to create a verification system on discord to figure out who is who for something like this 

Well there is it’s just not with Discord only. Here:

ingame script that when requested to will send a verification code to a Steam UID if online and the Discord user will type that code in to verify its them. Then they won’t ever have to verify themselves again.

another way:

have the bot PM the Discord user a code then have the player ingame type that code in to verify its them

But yeah that’s another step.

why do you keep evidence private?

Edited by Google
1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Some people don’t want others to know what they were banned for. Just a privacy thing :P 

but it pops up ingame when they attempt to login :o and yeah ban appeals takes a while depending on the staff who banned you aswell, ive heard that with some moderators ur lucky if you get a response within the 3 days of your ban :) not mentioning names cause not looking to have staff not like me, cause as you know im very likeable :)

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Some people don’t want others to know what they were banned for. Just a privacy thing :P 

Add a new option asking the reporter if they want evidence to be kept private. You can also make the Discord system work so the admin can describe the events that happened in the video. There’s many ways to optimize the current way ban appeals are conducted.

• Owner
15 minutes ago, karma said:

but it pops up ingame when they attempt to login :o and yeah ban appeals takes a while depending on the staff who banned you aswell, ive heard that with some moderators ur lucky if you get a response within the 3 days of your ban :) not mentioning names cause not looking to have staff not like me, cause as you know im very likeable :)

Yeh but you don’t see the video :P 

Just now, Ryan said:

Yeh but you don’t see the video :P 

that is very true but we see our recording that explains our innocent :) i was lucky to have rapidax reply to mine within 24 hours, but my signature still shows his reply :) and it wasnt really readable

• Haha 1
  • Owner
Just now, karma said:

that is very true but we see our recording that explains our innocent :) i was lucky to have rapidax reply to mine within 24 hours, but my signature still shows his reply :) and it wasnt really readable

@ him you won’t ;) 

2 hours ago, iPopsicle said:

Dude let's have zero patience because I want these actual people to drop all their responsibilities that pertain to their personal health and financials to respond to my suspension to a server in a video game. *Knock knock* You there dumb ass? People don't get paid for this you know. I played this server for years without getting banned for breaking a rule so my advice to you is don't break a rule. And also to flex your donations to this server. It was your choice to donate you should never use that as leverage to get priority lol.

Free or paid your still taking on the responsibility of the staff role and should be available. IMO if a mod bans someone then an admin should be able to appeal it. Same goes for admin to senior admin. And senior admin to owner. 

14 minutes ago, karma said:

10/10 if you highlighted the text of the reply it would show a reply.. His font color is probably black instead of default, so since you have a black background you cant see it...

• Like 2

- Staff has a life outside of video game... we do our best to check multiple times a day
- Constantly spamming a staff member to hand your case will put you to the bottom of their queue
- Don't lie about waiting 24 hours when it was under 6
- A small % of members active on the forums are the folks getting banned. The majority of the community doesn't use the forums. So how would you propose we "notify them first" that they are going to be banned?
- Ban appeal is just as much about being unbanned as it is about clearing the record for the next time. So if your unbanned 2 days into a 3 day, next ban will be a 3 day not a 5 day.
- Videos are private because its between staff, the reporter and the reportee.. if either the reporter or the reportee want to share the footage, thats on them.. We're not going to do it
- Did i mention spamming staff and ling about it hurts not help?

11 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Free or paid your still taking on the responsibility of the staff role and should be available. IMO if a mod bans someone then an admin should be able to appeal it. Same goes for admin to senior admin. And senior admin to owner. 

Very small % of bans are actually overturned because of a bad call of the mod/admin... its usually a judgement call of "benefit of doubt" based on evidence available. The majority of the time it results in a reduced ban sentence which on a 3 day ban reduced to 2 day can wait 24 hours.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, MAV said:

10/10 if you highlighted the text of the reply it would show a reply.. His font color is probably black instead of default, so since you have a black background you cant see it...

oh i totally know but i highlighted some and not all so it looked like the ban appeal was denied and not accepted and therefore it became an issue :)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Not really how it works lmao but if it does take long you can request an admin+

Staff have work, school, and simply lives outside of arma. Most of the time were always busy, but if we are online we’re trying to just enjoy the game. Most staff are busier then others, while some staff dedicate most of their time to olympus. The ban appeal process is actually the fastest I have seen it in the last few years I’ve been here. Back in the day you would be lucky to even get a response with your evidence within the first 24 hours. 

Typically, unless I’m extremely busy at work I try to respond within the first 1-3 hours of me receiving a PM or an assigned ticket. I have yet to see anything come from you. 

Technically, we aren’t required to do anything. If in our eyes you broke a rule, then allowing you to appeal it is a curtosey. Granted, there are certain situations where one side looks different from another, but making unnecessary forums posts like this, instead of PM’ing any staff member, won’t help your case. Teamspeak isn’t a requirement, it’s just another form of communication. This isn’t politics, just logic. Also, it’s a video game... comparing staff to a democracy judge makes zero sense since it’s those judges actual job, while being staff is volunteer work...

Can confirm I work 2 jobs, go to college and still have the most tickets usually :P 

Although it’s a good idea, we tend to keep ban evidence private unless the banned player shares it. Having this system will cause people to grab other peoples ban evidence, and there really wouldn’t be a way to create a verification system on discord to figure out who is who for something like this 

Then why have a ban appeal process?? If you are not "technically" required to do anything, then why is it in the rules? If it is a courtesy, then why have it in the rules at all? That doesnt make much sense to me. I did PM other staff members as well, obviously not all of them but I did PM other members. 

I did not compare staff to judges, I was simply making a comment about the process and the fairness. Stating that in a fair system, like a democracy, the person handing out the punishment should see the process through. I don't think that is too much to ask. It was just talking about an EXAMPLE of a fair process. Geez

Unnecessary posts?? Its a message board for a server. If a player has a question, this is supposed to be the placed to ask those questions. You may not think it is necessary but alot of people are asking this same question. I'm sorry you think it is unnecessary but alot of the players disagree. 

18 minutes ago, MAV said:

this made me think my ban appeal was not accepted :)

"In the future be sure to know and understand the rules so issues such as this do not happen again.

For next time note that that's an arma bug. If you see it happen don't just shoot him because it's not his fault that he went flying. "

Its a automated response when request accepted/denied.. Can be confusing.. I usually add my own narrative of where my heads at but not all do which is fine :)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Airborne said:

Not only has your ban appeal been in for only 21 hours but during that time you’ve spammed the living fuck out of me. Like others have said I have other shit that takes priority over so I’ll get to you when I have minute. Chill the fuck out.

then just communicate that bro! It takes 2 secs to say....Hey, i got some other shit going on. Get to ya as soon as I can.

ok, cool, 

when you sit there and ignore people, they get frustrated. just common courtesy. 

• Owner
8 minutes ago, UKCATSFAN said:

Then why have a ban appeal process?? If you are not "technically" required to do anything, then why is it in the rules? If it is a courtesy, then why have it in the rules at all? That doesnt make much sense to me. I did PM other staff members as well, obviously not all of them but I did PM other members. 

I did not compare staff to judges, I was simply making a comment about the process and the fairness. Stating that in a fair system, like a democracy, the person handing out the punishment should see the process through. I don't think that is too much to ask. It was just talking about an EXAMPLE of a fair process. Geez

Unnecessary posts?? Its a message board for a server. If a player has a question, this is supposed to be the placed to ask those questions. You may not think it is necessary but alot of people are asking this same question. I'm sorry you think it is unnecessary but alot of the players disagree. 

1 - If you didn’t break any rules then you wouldn’t get banned. It’s a very rare occurance where the banning staff member screws up or has to lift a ban because the player did nothing wrong. What you think is right or wrong might not be the case when it comes to our rules. 

2 - Again, this is a video game. Relax. Your ticket was replied to within 24 hours, and at the time you made your post your ticket wasn’t even OPEN for 24 hours. So telling me that this shit wouldn’t happen in a democracy is completely irrelevant, as this ain’t it chief. 

3 - A lot of players do ask this questions because they are impatient as hell just like you. Being impatient gets you nowhere, and only delays what you are trying to get.  Just ask @RealClorox he can tell you how that went with him. 

Im sure by now you have been dropped to be the last one on the banning staff members priority list due to your actions and impatience. Congrats, ya played yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

1 - If you didn’t break any rules then you wouldn’t get banned. It’s a very rare occurance where the banning staff member screws up or has to lift a ban because the player did nothing wrong. What you think is right or wrong might not be the case when it comes to our rules. 

2 - Again, this is a video game. Relax. Your ticket was replied to within 24 hours, and at the time you made your post your ticket wasn’t even OPEN for 24 hours. So telling me that this shit wouldn’t happen in a democracy is completely irrelevant, as this ain’t it chief. 

3 - A lot of players do ask this questions because they are impatient as hell just like you. Being impatient gets you nowhere, and only delays what you are trying to get.  Just ask @RealClorox he can tell you how that went with him. 

Im sure by now you have been dropped to be the last one on the banning staff members priority list due to your actions and impatience. Congrats, ya played yourself. 

gotcha! Thanks

I owe you guys an apology! Had a few drinks last night and got too impatient. Woke up this morning, read the messages, and felt like an idiot. That, along with a massive headache. So, I apologize for being an ass. Won't happen again. 

3 hours ago, karma said:

You're retarded kid, they're default responses. I don't change the font to make you like it I click what reply I want and press submit. Keep crying idiot.

7 minutes ago, rapidaax said:

You're retarded kid, they're default responses. I don't change the font to make you like it I click what reply I want and press submit. Keep crying idiot.

well try using the default font than :) retard

8 minutes ago, rapidaax said:

@Ryan he called me retarded :( i think you should ban him