Exploiting or arma bug

Is this exploiting?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. If you see a guys body through a wall an kill him is it exploiting or arma bug

1 minute ago, destruct said:

I like how most people are saying it's an arma bug, well, yes, but what's abusing an arma bug called?

Exploiting boys, it's called exploiting

is is abusing an arma bug called roleplay

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dank MeeMoo said:

So if someone is in a tower and they’re entire body glitches out while floating can I kill them or not?

Was waiting for this question to be brought up because I've heard this arguement circulate for the last few days... There is a fine line on this topic and when you make it too complicated people are going to get confused and as a result get banned because of the loose guidelines.. ie. I don't know every impenetrable wall/surface vs the caliber/type of gun... So if I peak a corner and see a foot poking through a wall... My first reaction may be to wall bang him... Even if I tap his foot which kills him... This simply shouldn't be bannable plain and simple, especially since I didn't "abuse" anything, not my fault his foot was poking through the wall.. In a game of kill or be killed, it's unfortunate they were glitched... in no other game where this is a problem (ie battlefield / cod) is it bannable...

what happens if someone is caught floating through a wall or sand bags.. am I not allowed to kill him because he is glitching through? I certainly hope not..

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, MAV said:

Was waiting for this question to be brought up because I've heard this arguement circulate for the last few days... There is a fine line on this topic and when you make it too complicated people are going to get confused and as a result get banned because of the loose guidelines.. ie. I don't know every impenetrable wall/surface vs the caliber/type of gun... So if I peak a corner and see a foot poking through a wall... My first reaction may be to wall bang him... Even if I tap his foot which kills him... This simply shouldn't be bannable plain and simple, especially since I didn't "abuse" anything, not my fault his foot was poking through the wall.. In a game of kill or be killed, it's unfortunate they were glitched... in no other game where this is a problem (ie battlefield / cod) is it bannable...

what happens if someone is caught floating through a wall or sand bags.. am I not allowed to kill him because he is glitching through? I certainly hope not..

Yeah there is definitely a big difference with someone going out of their way to abuse this and people naturally reacting to shooting somebody. There are times where people will glitch out of towers and I instantly think they’re  jumping out so I pipe them but no it’s just arma being arma so is it really justified to ban for that? 

9 hours ago, destruct said:

I like how most people are saying it's an arma bug, well, yes, but what's abusing an arma bug called?

Exploiting boys, it's called exploiting

@destruct Hmmm so it's called exploiting when other people do it?
https://plays.tv/video/5cecbaa6a71a110503/bunker-exploit-

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Weaz said:

@destruct Hmmm so it's called exploiting when other people do it?
https://plays.tv/video/5cecbaa6a71a110503/bunker-exploit-

Except that this isn't the same thing as the other. One is someone shooting at a part of someone phasing through an impenetrable wall, which should be common sense in terms of something you don't do. It may not be incredibly apparent in a heat-of-the-moment scenario, but it's obvious that you shouldn't do it. The other, which you provided a video of, is my proning and bipoding on top of the sandbags next to corporal bunker, which isn't obvious and apparent that others couldn't see me. What Arma does when players are at a distance is sink people into whatever surface they're on, which wouldn't be apparent to me because this is largely be a client-sided mechanic, if you shot in my direction though - it would kill me, which multiple people succeeded at doing. Once I was told that people couldn't see me, I stopped. But nah, let's dig your head in the sand and pretend that one is the same as the other.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
6 minutes ago, destruct said:

What Arma does when players are at a distance is sink people into whatever surface they're on

But wouldn't you using that to your advantage be exploiting or just abusing a bug?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, destruct said:

Except that this isn't the same thing as the other. One is someone shooting at a part of someone phasing through an impenetrable wall, which should be common sense in terms of something you don't do. It may not be incredibly apparent in a heat-of-the-moment scenario, but it's obvious that you shouldn't do it. The other, which you provided a video of, is my proning and bipoding on top of the sandbags next to corporal bunker, which isn't obvious and apparent that others couldn't see me. What Arma does when players are at a distance is sink people into whatever surface they're on, which wouldn't be apparent to me because this is largely be a client-sided mechanic, if you shot in my direction though - it would kill me, which multiple people succeeded at doing. Once I was told that people couldn't see me, I stopped. But nah, let's dig your head in the sand and pretend that one is the same as the other.

I was just poking fun at you, when it happened and we talked in support I told you I just want you to not use the spot anymore I didn't care for anything else. I get what you mean by the two things being different and all that but, after killing a bunch of us without ever getting shot back at you really never thought about it? Hmmmm I'm killing them over and over why am I not getting shot at?🤔

• Like 1