Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

The Snowman is doing his first steps into Arma-Life

Hello everybody,

I’m doing my fist steps in Arma-Life with Olympus and it was already a great experience.

I had no glue how to start, watched some YouTube tutorials about first steps, making money and tried to setup my gear, especially Headset (I’m new to online gaming).

All the sudden, I got kidnapped by some gang members, started somehow with [kk]...? I was not the only one, we got a sightseeing tour and a special “challenge”. I feel sorry for the other guy, by luck I survived ;-). I never had this kind of gaming experience in the past, was pretty scared at the beginning and shy but amazed. Just different from any other gaming so far, thanks guys, whoever you are.

But who’s Snowman Sr?

I’m a 55 year old German guy, living in US, not really a native speaker, just looking for some fun during my restricted free time. My learning curve might be limited but I used to have fun even by not be the top of the notch shooter/ gamer.

I will take every advice I can get and for sure stay being any easy target :-)

Thanks for the opportunity to grow,

Snowman.

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, Snowman Sr said:

Hello everybody,

I’m doing my fist steps in Arma-Life with Olympus and it was already a great experience.

I had no glue how to start, watched some YouTube tutorials about first steps, making money and tried to setup my gear, especially Headset (I’m new to online gaming).

All the sudden, I got kidnapped by some gang members, started somehow with [kk]...? I was not the only one, we got a sightseeing tour and a special “challenge”. I feel sorry for the other guy, by luck I survived ;-). I never had this kind of gaming experience in the past, was pretty scared at the beginning and shy but amazed. Just different from any other gaming so far, thanks guys, whoever you are.

But who’s Snowman Sr?

I’m a 55 year old German guy, living in US, not really a native speaker, just looking for some fun during my restricted free time. My learning curve might be limited but I used to have fun even by not be the top of the notch shooter/ gamer.

Snowman.

welcome to the server enjoy your time and try not to be toxic 

Just enjoy yourself, do what you want. When I first started I had no clue what to do and it was starting to get boring. One thing I can assure you is that applying for cop is one of the best ways to spend your time on olympus. You meet a lot of new people on cop and get a lot of experience and insight into what exactly olympus is. You do need to meet the requirements before becoming a cop but, look through the handbook and play a few hours and gain some knowledge of the rules and then apply. I guarentee you won't regret it!!!

Have fun

Medic is gay btw

53 minutes ago, Snowman Sr said:

Hello everybody,

But who’s Snowman Sr?

Snowman.

Welcome to the server, and be weary of the toxicity! You'll feel like quitting at times, but if you stick with it, it gets better.
If you're ever looking for a group to roll with, my gang should be alright with showing you the ropes and stuff. Just let me know if you wanna run with us, and I'll get you set up.

To begin, if you don't want to get robbed:
1) Don't use large trucks, they attract unwanted attention.
2) Illegal runs (include zones with the red circles), and are riskier than legal runs because you have to worry about the police and more attention from bandits.
3) Stay off the MSR (the main road on the map, marked with bright orange).
4) Don't spend too much time in one location, keep moving.
5) Scout before you roll into a red zone, but don't spend too much time doing so.
6) Use the highest caliber weapon you can afford. Most people agree that the Mk-1 is the best 7.62. Promet is the best 6.5 (if we're excluding LMGs)

Never carry more money on you than you are willing to lose.

So look to do runs worth no more than around 200k to start. 

Trust your gut.  If a location feels hot, its probably about to get hot.  If you hear a car in the distance, and suddenly you don't hear anything, two things could have happened.  They could have driven off, or they could have gotten out, to approach you on foot.

In some ways red zones are less dangerous than legal, because you can defend yourself while the enemy is 200m away.  Any one approaching at 130mph should be assumed to be hostile. 

Learn to park your vehicle somewhere out of site.  Most gangs will only scan a site for a vehicle, esp. something like a HEMTT or box truck.  They aren't going to go peeking around on foot.

If you are straight up broke, maybe try sea excavation, as it is quite safe (until you get back on land, of course).  Stay away from fishing and fruit gathering.

Lastly, beware of campers.

In addition, 

The chinese people have a saying, Property is king, when you buy a house use it to complement your main run.

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A HOUSE IN KAVALA, in fact stay out of kavala period.

The suv makes a good starter smuggling vehicle, fully upgrade it because it is worth it.

Only upgrade your cheap runnabout vehicles or a tempest device, or an mrap, upgrading the other trucks/helis is not worth imo, keep your trucks basic.

And lastly always insure your vehicles, full coverage covers vehicle+upgrades, basic just covers the vehicle, sometimes in olympus less is more.