Asylum or Olympus?

Naz

Ok so 3 years ago I played Asylum only for a long time and quit until now and am looking to get back into Arma, but I'm not sure to play on Asylum or Olympus.  I'v never player Olympus, so I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the features it has how the server is overall in these categories:

Gang Life / Cartels:

APD:

Community:

Other cool features that Olympus has:

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels?

Gang Life / Cartels: pretty sure its still dead

APD: retarded

Community: toxic

Other cool features that Olympus has: we have a jew named ryan, i guess thats kinda cool

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels? i think they were only around for a month, idk if thats ended you

Edited by warpoints
  • Haha 2

Gang Life / Cartels: gang life is pretty big but the cartel scene has been dying

APD: biggest gang on oly

Community: toxic shitheads

Other cool features that Olympus has: pharmaceutical events, banks, federal reserve, and the blackwater armory ( has the top tier items in the game, eg: suppressors, t4-t5 vests, mar 10, zafir and shit like that)

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels? pilot covs can be obtained from the blackwater armory and are currently able to be purchased through the warpoint shop. & people mainly will take csats + carrier lite to cartels.

13 minutes ago, Naz said:

Gang Life / Cartels:Dead

Retarded as always 

Community:Toxic as fuck

Other cool features that Olympus has:

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels?

7 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Gang Life / Cartels: gang life is pretty big but the cartel scene has been dying

Other cool features that Olympus has: pharmaceutical events, banks, federal reserve, and the blackwater armory ( has the top tier items in the game, eg: suppressors, t4-t5 vests, mar 10, zafir and shit like that)

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels? pilot covs can be obtained from the blackwater armory and are currently able to be purchased through the warpoint shop. & people mainly will take csats + carrier lite to cartels.

so would you recommend Olympus over Asylum now?  Just trying to see what me and my friends should play on 

1 minute ago, Naz said:

so would you recommend Olympus over Asylum now?  Just trying to see what me and my friends should play on 

obviously gonna recommend olympus as we have two 120 slot servers, over asylums 1 server that sometimes gets full

1 minute ago, Naz said:

also how do you buy stuff from the black water armory?

The blackwater armory isn't something that u buy, it's a federal event where there has to be 7 cops on and you have to defend it until bomb blows then u grab the loot and try to escape.

1 minute ago, G F said:

Asylums better for gang life?

6 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

obviously gonna recommend olympus as we have two 120 slot servers, over asylums 1 server that sometimes gets full

The blackwater armory isn't something that u buy, it's a federal event where there has to be 7 cops on and you have to defend it until bomb blows then u grab the loot and try to escape.

Oo I see, is there a cap to how many APD can be on at once? What the process like to join the APD on Olympus? And are there admin events frequently?

It seems to me that maybe the best thing about Olympus is the larger player base. If someone tells you that cartel life is withering away, they're not wrong. I would argue that gang life is fine though. Maybe not at it's peak, but doing well enough. Updates are still coming out regularly, we're currently working on Civilian Council to propose ideas that fix things and/or make life better for the players rather than adding brand new things (although, we have those cool new ideas on hold for later). Most people would not argue that there are some problems with APD, but those opinions seem to vary - I think I've seen a lot of effort to balance APD and Civilians recently though. I would recommend Olympus, and I was originally an Asylum player. If you're here for the roleplay, I wouldn't recommend Olympus though. lol

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Pretty sure they took out buying the pilot cov 

13 minutes ago, Naz said:

Asylums better for gang life?

Oo I see, is there a cap to how many APD can be on at once? What the process like to join the APD on Olympus? And are there admin events frequently?

25 cop cap but it rarely ever gets that high, for the blackwater armory its a very high tier event to do so expect 10-15 cops, as for applying you need 50 hours on civilian and yes events happen very often.

13 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

It seems to me that maybe the best thing about Olympus is the larger player base. If someone tells you that cartel life is withering away, they're not wrong. I would argue that gang life is fine though. Maybe not at it's peak, but doing well enough. Updates are still coming out regularly, we're currently working on Civilian Council to propose ideas that fix things and/or make life better for the players rather than adding brand new things (although, we have those cool new ideas on hold for later). Most people would not argue that there are some problems with APD, but those opinions seem to vary - I think I've seen a lot of effort to balance APD and Civilians recently though. I would recommend Olympus, and I was originally an Asylum player. If you're here for the roleplay, I wouldn't recommend Olympus though. lol

I appreciate the detailed input, can cops go undercover and at which rank?

14 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

gang life is pretty terrible rn

1 minute ago, Naz said:

I appreciate the detailed input, can cops go undercover and at which rank?

No, there is no undercover APD mechanic like on Asylum. Any APD officer you see will have a clear blue name, while civs only have white names (green if they're in your gang). Some senior APD have unmarked vehicles, but they still have the blue names.

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

cops can utilize bait vehicles at corporal and can utilize undercover vehicles at sergeant

Oh yeah, I forgot about the bait cars. Are they really used that much? I don't think I've encountered them at all actually.

Just now, Naz said:

Are you able to hide your badge tho and wear civilian clothing?

I don't think so. You'll know who APD is.

2 minutes ago, Kyle. said:

gang life is pretty terrible rn

I mean, this is some of the most fun I've had on Altis Life, with my gang. I think it's really just personal opinion. My experience on Olympus with 501st, Bots, and Noble has been really good (not BOTS actually xD lol). There are maybe not as many big gangs as before, but there are plenty enough still active and working.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Noahhh! said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the bait cars. Are they really used that much? I don't think I've encountered them at all actually.

I don't think so. You'll know who APD is.

I mean, this is some of the most fun I've had on Altis Life, with my gang. I think it's really just personal opinion. My experience on Olympus with 501st, Bots, and Noble has been really good (not BOTS actually xD lol). There are maybe not as many big gangs as before, but there are plenty enough still active and working.

s2 is shit

57 minutes ago, Joce said:

You can't describe Olympus. You gotta experience it for yourself. Jump on in a have a look.

im honestly looking for which server is more active has more fighting with gangs and cops etc and is overall more fun.  I have no money on olympus so id have to make money to find that out 😕

3 hours ago, warpoints said:

Gang Life / Cartels: pretty sure its still dead

APD: retarded

Community: toxic

Other cool features that Olympus has: we have a jew named ryan, i guess thats kinda cool

Are pilot coveralls a thing ? or do people just rock carrier lights to cartels? i think they were only around for a month, idk if thats ended you