Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

When players talk about player reports

4 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

So let's clear this up. First, there aren't 30-40 staff members to handle player reports. There are a total of 16 staff members that can do player reports. So don't come @'ing people that don't exist. Second off, you do realize how much the administrative staff see of the donation goal right? Absolutely nothing. Not that I want that money either. Just let that sink in before you go complaining when you don't have the right facts. There are guys like @Headless and @SecTranLive who bust their ass for this server. 

So I click the staff section and I can count 43 members. I think you may have a problem with managing your personnel then. IDK you labeled them under staff?

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 4
1 minute ago, CocoisDead said:

Join DB Today! For a low price of 20Mil You Too can have access to Pocket Mods, Pocket Admins, Pocket Senior Admins, Pocket Developers, Pocket Lead Developer, and for Limited Time Pocket SAPD! No Longer do you have to wait the pesky player report times!

to a T

7 minutes ago, Perm SnR Billy Bob Joe said:

Proof? not saying I don't believe it, but with every claim should be video evidence. 

I would say you are correct. But I know you know I'm telling the truth because you said "not saying I don't believe it"

3 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

I'm not signaling anyone out. All I'm saying is players don't enjoy how they are treated. Can you agree with that or not?

That really depends to be honest with you. Everyone complains about balance and how things should be or how they want promoted. People constantly complain in anything that is happening whether it be with a game or with a job. I'll be honest, your gang has kind of set the precedent early on for having little regard to the rules itself. So coming out and making a post like this, is like the pot calling the kettle black. I'm all for you and your group wanting to change and that's great. But I would need to use my toes to count the amount of members of your gang I've banned personally for breaking rules over the last couple of months.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Exner21 said:

So recently I have seen support members get away with breaking rules. I have seen SGT's on the police force try to enforce server rules that are not written. I have had admins say "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule". I have seen regular players get banned within seconds or minutes of making a mistake on the server. No matter what happens players are always told to make a comp request, ban appeal, or player report and within a day or so someone will look at your player report. It has been a week since I have submitted my player reports and not either has been viewed. I am having a hard time keeping players on this server. I have had more players from my gang, friends from other gangs, and even random friends on this server leave and not come back due to the mistreatment of its community. IDK what needs to get fixed but everyone knows it's going on. I'm just calling an apple an apple. 

https://ibb.co/7GFsQGY

I would strongly support you taking whatever situation that a member of the staff team bent rules to their favor in and bring that to the @Senior Admin. Also if its support team that is an issue, then bring that to the senior support or a member of the staff team. Same goes with sAPD. I understand something has frustrated you, but to get it resolved, the people who can take action on that need to know what the problems are. 

For player reports - we do what we can. Not everyone has the time of day to spam refresh and complete tickets as they come in. We strive to complete them at a reasonable pace, however sometimes our staff has other duties going on, personal matters, or are taking a break. If this was a huge issue of a backlog of reports, Senior Moderator @Hylos will beat us until tickets are resolved.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

So I click the staff section and I can count 43 members. I think you may have a problem with managing your personnel then. IDK you labeled them under staff?

17 actual staff members that handle player reports you clown since thats what you are crying about. 4 Are mods who mainly handle player reports.

• Like 3

There are different types of staff. Do you want a person who is a designer and not a administrative staff member, handling your ban? Fuck no, nothing against them, but they aren't trained for it. Like, it's not hard to understand. But here's a break down:

Moderators: Player reports and ban appeals

Admins: Everything above and comp requests

Seniors Admins: Handles escalations of everything above and staff internal issues

Designers: Design things

Devs: Dev things

Contributors: contribute to devs or designers

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

That really depends to be honest with you. Everyone complains about balance and how things should be or how they want promoted. People constantly complain in anything that is happening whether it be with a game or with a job. I'll be honest, your gang has kind of set the precedent early on for having little regard to the rules itself. So coming out and making a post like this, is like the pot calling the kettle black. I'm all for you and your group wanting to change and that's great. But I would need to use my toes to count the amount of members of your gang I've banned personally for breaking rules over the last couple of months.

Ya I would say right back at you. Those rules that we have broken where always gray areas. Or even Rules not written. Anyone who has asked for comp we always try and get those players comp.. We have even go to the extent of getting them in our discord. Your also taking the argument from authority. Saying you broke the rules so how can we know. Because the rules are gray. That's another problem with the server. You need to clarify. As well as I can not take responsibility for every gang member. Much like you cant take responsibility for every admin. Trying to make it look like my "GANG" doesn't follow rules is a poor argument or even a shift of attention on the subject at hand. Focus on what I asked please. Do you think players like how they are treated on the server?

11 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

No no. I'm not complaining about player reports not getting done. Or even admins not helping players when they need it. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Players do not like how they are treated. That's the problem. I don't know what needs to be fixed, but the first step in fixing the problem is identifying that there is one. 

I mean, the community itself can be pretty cancerous at times... so I wouldn't necessarily say that the community should be given treatment and demand it. Reports are there to remove the toxic people that ruin the experience for everyone else and the people who aren't toxic just get along and everyone is happy. I guess as long as  you are chill and approach things with a open mind even when you get told to appear in support... things should work just fine if you work with the people in the same community as you. End of the day the Support Team are there to Support they don't have a input on the case that you might have when you go there, all they do is help a outcome be determined whilst creating a environment appropriate for it. 

8 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

+1 respect nerdy...

6 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

There are different types of staff. Do you want a person who is a designer and not a administrative staff member, handling your ban? Fuck no, nothing against them, but they aren't trained for it. Like, it's not hard to understand. But here's a break down:

Moderators: Player reports and ban appeals

Admins: Everything above and comp requests

Seniors Admins: Handles escalations of everything above and staff internal issues

Designers: Design things

Devs: Dev things

Contributors: contribute to devs or designers

YoU FoRgOt tO MeNtIoN tHe SuPpOrT TeAm

16 minutes ago, CocoisDead said:

Join DB Today! For a low price of 20Mil You Too can have access to Pocket Mods, Pocket Admins, Pocket Senior Admins, Pocket Developers, Pocket Lead Developer, and for Limited Time Pocket SAPD! No Longer do you have to wait the pesky player report times!

OmegaLUL

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Exner21 said:

Ya I would say right back at you. Those rules that we have broken where always gray areas. Or even Rules not written. Anyone who has asked for comp we always try and get those players comp.. We have even go to the extent of getting them in our discord. Your also taking the argument from authority. Saying you broke the rules so how can we know. Because the rules are gray. That's another problem with the server. You need to clarify. As well as I can not take responsibility for every gang member. Much like you cant take responsibility for every admin. Trying to make it look like my "GANG" doesn't follow rules is a poor argument or even a shift of attention on the subject at hand. Focus on what I asked please. Do you think players like how they are treated on the server?

If you don't know, this community is very toxic. It always has been and always will be. It's up to the administrative staff to control that to the best of our abilities. As for how players are treated? We give players more opportunities to have fun on the server now, more than ever. If your complaints are about tickets not being done. I get it, but aside from that. Things are getting than what they dipped to. I can tell you that is a fact with Senior APD and is going to change with Senior RNR making the changes they did recently.

7 minutes ago, SecTranLive said:

I would strongly support you taking whatever situation that a member of the staff team bent rules to their favor in and bring that to the @Senior Admin. Also if its support team that is an issue, then bring that to the senior support or a member of the staff team. Same goes with sAPD. I understand something has frustrated you, but to get it resolved, the people who can take action on that need to know what the problems are. 

For player reports - we do what we can. Not everyone has the time of day to spam refresh and complete tickets as they come in. We strive to complete them at a reasonable pace, however sometimes our staff has other duties going on, personal matters, or are taking a break. If this was a huge issue of a backlog of reports, Senior Moderator @Hylos will beat us until tickets are resolved.

I like that you said to contact higher members and I have tried that in the past. I honestly don't know how to fix the problem on the server. But that avenue never worked. As for support team members they lie a lot. I feel there should be quality support team members. I feel I'm not the only one who feels that way but I feel the best way to address some issues is to speak allowed. Identfy that there is a problem. That's the first step. 

I understand about the player reports, it takes time, Maybe make an admin who can deal with issues live on the server in a court room fashion. That would cut down on player reports by half at least. Maybe even more.

5 minutes ago, L85A3 said:

I mean, the community itself can be pretty cancerous at times... so I wouldn't necessarily say that the community should be given treatment and demand it. Reports are there to remove the toxic people that ruin the experience for everyone else and the people who aren't toxic just get along and everyone is happy. I guess as long as  you are chill and approach things with a open mind even when you get told to appear in support... things should work just fine if you work with the people in the same community as you. End of the day the Support Team are there to Support they don't have a input on the case that you might have when you go there, all they do is help a outcome be determined whilst creating a environment appropriate for it. 

that only works if youre friends with them been there done that..

9 minutes ago, Kedar said:

Also some staff are busy with irl shit so it could be that but I kinda understand what your saying 

Poor argument man. See my older post please

Just now, Exner21 said:

I understand about the player reports, it takes time, Maybe make an admin who can deal with issues live on the server in a court room fashion. That would cut down on player reports by half at least. Maybe even more.

I can tell you, that is a horrible idea and would literally require someone to be on 24/7 or in shifts just to do this. Personally, not going to happen. If you think you fucked up, comp. If you don't think you did, record a video and save in case you get banned. If you think someone broke and a rule and they don't think they did. Submit a report.

1 minute ago, Exner21 said:

Sorry, let me quit my job for Arma.

If you don't know, this community is very toxic. It always has been and always will be. It's up to the administrative staff to control that to the best of our abilities. As for how players are treated? We give players more opportunities to have fun on the server now, more than ever. If your complaints are about tickets not being done. I get it, but aside from that. Things are getting than what they dipped to. I can tell you that is a fact with Senior APD and is going to change with Senior RNR making the changes they did recently.

Okay I can respect that. And I do understand there are a lot of toxic players, especially since it is a public server. But with that said the server also attracts that attention to its self sometimes. Allowing higher members to bend rules never looks good. I will look for those changes in the future and hope things get better. Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

I can tell you, that is a horrible idea and would literally require someone to be on 24/7 or in shifts just to do this. Personally, not going to happen. If you think you fucked up, comp. If you don't think you did, record a video and save in case you get banned. If you think someone broke and a rule and they don't think they did. Submit a report.

How dare you make a living, dude!

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Kedar said:

Also some staff are busy with irl shit so it could be that but I kinda understand what your saying 

Fuck lads looks like staff is gonna be forced to quit their jobs to do player reports now

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, Exner21 said:

Okay I can respect that. And I do understand there are a lot of toxic players, especially since it is a public server. But with that said the server also attracts that attention to its self sometimes. Allowing higher members to bend rules never looks good. I will look for those changes in the future and hope things get better. Thanks for the reply

Please, submit reports if higher up members are breaking rules. I'm hearing a lot of talk, with no proof.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Not 24/7 maybe a designated time. Between this time and this time we will have a court room available in TS. I am only trying to find better ways to interact with admins and support. To help players

Show the receipts. If everyone has problem with people breaking rules but no one reports people "Because they're staff" or "because they're a popular member" no one will ever be disciplined accordingly. 

• Downvote 1
Just now, Exner21 said:

Not 24/7 maybe a designated time. Between this time and this time we will have a court room available in TS. I am only trying to find better ways to interact with admins and support. To help players

Personally don't see that working. That involves you getting the other person to join the support channel. Not to mention, it's hard for some of us to line up times to do the Conquest Events, let alone doing virtual courtroom daily. 

18 minutes ago, CocoisDead said:

17 actual staff members that handle player reports you clown since thats what you are crying about. 4 Are mods who mainly handle player reports.

If there are only 4 members that handle player reports. That's very poor management of staff.