Locked The reason why we never get new people to stay on Olympus!!

The issue of never getting new players to stay on the server is growing faster than it should, and the reason for that is big gangs like for example MC are robbing them for everything they have when there is under 10 people on the server... LIKE WHY rob someone who has nothing when you can rob thoose who have so much...

I thought this community encouraged new players to come and join us, so why do stupid things like that and bring a bad rep to this community??? 

It's such a shame that gangs and other players has to go and rob newbies to make them self feel great... 

Fluffy out

• Like 3
  • Admin

The issue of never getting new players to stay on the server is growing faster than it should, and the reason for that is big gangs like for example MC are robbing them for everything they have when there is under 10 people on the server... LIKE WHY rob someone who has nothing when you can rob thoose who have so much...

I thought this community encouraged new players to come and join us, so why do stupid things like that and bring a bad rep to this community??? 

It's such a shame that gangs and other players has to go and rob newbies to make them self feel great... 

Fluffy out

Maybe it gives them a feeling of superiority? 

Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Hahahaha 

i agree, lets just remove gangs fully and perm ban people for being in gangs rite?

come with suggestions den.. not just that :/

• Admin

i agree, lets just remove gangs fully and perm ban people for being in gangs rite?

come with suggestions den.. not just that :/

True, I'm guessing it's just part of the game. I think gangs keep the server alive. Maybe they can tone it down a bit but I like the gangs who stir things up a bit from time to time. 

[mc] have already implied a rule within the gang were we will not rob smaller and low income players

I'm going to add this thou , with mc not hunting the will only be hitting big boys so congratz you have forced out hand also

The only other enjoyment is to play with cops and they get tired of it

The way players can enjoy the game more is there needs to be new gangs that can oppose us and keep is occupied in sad about the fact crook disbanded as they were a good gang to fight with and that gave other players the chance to make money

There are ways for players to make money thou and most of the time they can but I'm going. To add one last note

Evan thou mc aren't robbing smaller guys others will

• Admin

[mc] have already implied a rule within the gang were we will not rob smaller and low income players

I'm going to add this thou , with mc not hunting the will only be hitting big boys so congratz you have forced out hand also

The only other enjoyment is to play with cops and they get tired of it

The way players can enjoy the game more is there needs to be new gangs that can oppose us and keep is occupied in sad about the fact crook disbanded as they were a good gang to fight with and that gave other players the chance to make money

There are ways for players to make money thou and most of the time they can but I'm going. To add one last note

Evan thou mc aren't robbing smaller guys others will

We don't want the gangs to leave the server. Keep things interesting. How about mixing it up a little bit? Instead of just sending text messages to invite APD to a death match, why not role play it more, hostage situations among other things, yeah? 

• Like 2
  • Admin

Do we need yet another thread on this topic? Where the fuck is that dead horse. I'm ready to beat the shit out of it.

I'll go with you. 

Ultima Online had this issue back in the day.  They made it so new players were unable to be killed by another player unless they injured another player.  It was based off of time played, after a certain amount of time, they became a regular civ.

Ultima Online had this issue back in the day.  They made it so new players were unable to be killed by another player unless they injured another player.  It was based off of time played, after a certain amount of time, they became a regular civ.

Role Play goes out the window if somone role plays hardcore with you and you deserve to die

I dont think this is the reason. MC and Moob are doing a great thing for the servers in trying to stay away from robbing. But its only a temporary fix. You think MC likes trolling kavala all day? Maybe a little. But what about when MC is done trolling? We go back to the same problem. Dont blame MC. Its not fair to them.

I too have noticed MC just sitting in one spot for 20 minutes repeatedly sending text messages to the police saying something like, "We're at Sophia HQ", "Come and get us". I don't get it? Isn't this supposed to be an RP server?? If most of MC just wants to engage in death matches they should go play King of the hill or Wasteland.

• Like 5
  • Admin

I too have noticed MC just sitting in one spot for 20 minutes repeatedly sending text messages to the police saying something like, "We're at Sophia HQ", "Come and get us". I don't get it? Isn't this supposed to be an RP server?? If most of MC just wants to engage in death matches they should go play King of the hill or Wasteland.

Hey Tman. This is the reason I suggested that they needed to make things interesting, not just ask us on a random death match. So we are on point here. 

• Like 1

Okay from what i have seen the majority of people are blaming MC on the Population drop which to be honest makes me laugh it is no where near MC fault people are leaving you guys just think that cause theres not another big gang aroun.d But as someone suggested why dont you make a gang and try and fight MC for top gang try and recruit new people teach them the ropes. All this hating on MC has gotten old 

Why can't we just up the bounties to something higher? Like $25,000 or higher for a manslaughter. No pardon's without proof, as lots of people like to play "dirty" cops and will pardon their pals or "Believe" their story pardoning them of their $200,000+ bounty from a night of picking on the newbs. BurBan used to rob my pals and I multiple times a night just because. Maybe, don't make bounties visible to anyone but cops and vigilantes, that way people can't get off on independants and other gangs knowing how high their bounty is. Don't even display kills or anything to stroke their egos. Have been enjoying a nice break from Altis Life on wasteland. It's basically the exact same thing without the hours of grinding just to be texted and shot.

I'm just going to add my 2 cents in here. In the past MC had other gangs to contend with. This meant they left the smaller groups alone. With the loss of other large gangs MC no longer has this to occupy there time. They have resorted to the smaller groups at times as well as hitting the APD alot more. Now as I said in another post before the population loss isn't due to just MC but it does play a role. Anytime you have a large controlling group of players that can run things it's going to be noticed alot more. We have had this happen in the past with other large gangs as well. The only way to really resolve the issue is to get another group or gang that can contend with the large gang.

With that said there are other factors that are also effecting the population. We lost a large amount of players do to another server coming in and buying players. We have bugs that need to be fixed. We have not been as active with server events. All of this has nothing to do with MC and so again the blame can't be put solely on that gang.

We are working on adding in staff so the servers are more moderated. Poseidon is working on getting the bugs fixed but the Arma DLC update hit us hard. We now have a way for the community team lead to host events so more should start happening. As players begin to come back in the population will pick back up. We all as a community need to remember that in order to stay a community we have to act like one. If in-game your merc'n each other that is fine but when outside that time keep it helpful and respectful and people will stick around.

• Like 4

why dont we have a limited number on gang members?

i mean like 15 gang members is ok

10group members is enough so theres only a max of 10 people that could do a fed or a jailbreak (i would be ok whit a rule like that also) so the 5 or more cops have a bigger chance to win it or its just more a challenge for the rebels...

but if thats really gonna happen it would be cool if the goldprice would be a little bit higher i mean yeah i kinda understand a fed isnt for making money but if it becomes more of a challange it would be cool if people would get some payment out of that as well if u know what i mean^^ also the gold in there sometimes isnt even worth the truck that u afford so ya its kinda dont know most people of what i know dont even care about the gold because its kinda not worth it =P

• Like 2

Hades one thing i keep hearing you say is that another server bought players out. If they didnt like the server better they would have came back after there free money ran out. But they didnt come back did they? not trying to be rude but if you think that is the only reason people switched servers you are sadly mistaken..... You can blame the comunity all you want. But once again, we arent doing anything different we did pre wipe. So why is it a problem now?

• Like 1