Property Tax

I meannnnnnnnn, It could go towards paychecks of goverment workers AKA ( PD EMS) @Cowboy

It could be expensive and if someone cant pay for their bills they would result to crime ( what happens Irl)

Coming from a "rich" player who has too many houses, this would be a great money sink. I wouldn't like paying the tax, but it'll be fine in the end. I have money to spare. It's going to hurt the poor more than me.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Lead Map Designer
34 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

But the thing is it would make pour people more poor and not really effect the rich @Panda :)

Which will encourage runs more, if they're so poor then they shouldn't have a house.  If they're so rich eventually it will make an impact on their balance, sure it might not be much but if they're not making money back it will make a difference eventually.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Love it, and if you cant afford your property tax, you risk losing your house like irl. Would be a good way to refresh houses/garages as well. Wonder if you could also adjust the tax based on location, as in houses near a processor require more tax? 

1 hour ago, Panda 🙂 said:

Then make money its incredibly easy to make money at the current state of olympus.

What do you think of these rates to not only take money out of the economy but disincentivize property hoarding?

Tax Rate = 10% of property value + upgrades every two weeks. Every additional house will increase your tax rate by 2.5% eventually maxing out at 20% tax rate per house, Someone with a house worth 2mil will only pay 200k which isn't much but someone with multiple large houses will be paying astronomical taxes forcing them to either make the house productive somehow or risk losing significant amounts of money, garages can't be productive so they should be tax free though but house hoarding or buying a house in a good location, upgrading it then flipping for a profit would be very expensive and inconvenient.

• Like 3

It will be pre-determined, the tax will not increase or decrease. Lets say a small house 750k the tax should be around 50-75k per week. This can be easily managed and if you cant meet the deadline it will be sold to the bank. I agree that garages should be tax free but there could be a fee for vehicle maintenance inside of your personal garage. There is too much money just floating around so we need to find an effective way to sort around this @sploding

@sploding I think those rates are great but we should leave it up to the civilian counsel!

59 minutes ago, sploding said:

What do you think of these rates to not only take money out of the economy but disincentivize property hoarding?

Tax Rate = 10% of property value + upgrades every two weeks. Every additional house will increase your tax rate by 2.5% eventually maxing out at 20% tax rate per house, Someone with a house worth 2mil will only pay 200k which isn't much but someone with multiple large houses will be paying astronomical taxes forcing them to either make the house productive somehow or risk losing significant amounts of money, garages can't be productive so they should be tax free though but house hoarding or buying a house in a good location, upgrading it then flipping for a profit would be very expensive and inconvenient.

I think this if executed right could be a good idea it would just all come down to how often someone is taxed .

1 hour ago, Doofy said:

I think we are on to something here XD

@Panda :) Who do we need to talk to to make this happen?

The civilian council sir bring it up directly to a civilian council member as a suggestion.

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Millennium said:

If you can make it so you can pay the rent from stats page rather than having to log into each server and respawn at each house to pay the rent, +1

Making me think, wonder if there any to script it so we could rent our house inventory space? As in if I have a two crater I rent out half of the storage for a given fee structure built in the game, similar to how the housing in game market works now. 

1 minute ago, Harpoon said:

Making me think, wonder if there any to script it so we could rent our house inventory space? As in if I have a two crater I rent out half of the storage for a given fee structure built in the game, similar to how the housing in game market works now. 

horrible idea

9 minutes ago, Harpoon said:

why? This is a great fucking idea, a whole other dynamic. Shit i can just be a scumlord now. 

I can do this now.

1mill a month for perm keys to the only 4crater anywhere near meth ingredients. just north of air field. HMU

this would legit only fuck over the people that arnt rich. Do u guys really think people with 20 mil+ are even going to bat an eye at their property tax? No. And your fix to that is "do more runs", as if you dont already have a 50/50 chance of losing more money if u arnt doing this in a big group. like honestly trying to fuck over people who arnt necessarily "rich" is the last thing we should do. Like if were going to add this and not remove betting this is pointless as to make it a "money sink", go read @Skateezy's thread about money sinks if you guys want a true fix that wont fuck over anyone who isnt rich. 

Yeah, when emphasis when I said that this'll only really effect civilians with a lower bank account. The new players who just bought their first silver house are gonna have a much more difficult time paying those property taxes than someone with 100m.

• Like 2
  • Hmm 1
2 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Yeah, when emphasis when I said that this'll only really effect civilians with a lower bank account. The new players who just bought their first silver house are gonna have a much more difficult time paying those property taxes than someone with 100m.

Hate him or not he’s spitting straight facts here.