Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Question about Server Rules and Gang Sheds

Was going to buy a gang shed and it says I need 8 members and I'm two short.  If two people join, I buy it, then they quit, will I lose the gang shed?  Also, would that be against server rules to do?  

2 hours ago, anti said:

Was going to buy a gang shed and it says I need 8 members and I'm two short.  If two people join, I buy it, then they quit, will I lose the gang shed?  Also, would that be against server rules to do?  

It will lock on you, AKA you can’t access most of the features.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It will lock on you, AKA you can’t access most of the features.

Doesn't appear to have.  Everything seems to be functioning correctly.  I talked to support beforehand to make sure I wasn't breaking rules, they gave me the go ahead.  I can even pay rent without those members, which was their concern.  Unless it locks after a reset.

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

Try after server restart.

REALLY fucking hoping you're wrong after i buried 30 mil into this, and that retired lead dev title makes me nervous as fuck about that hope.

43 minutes ago, anti said:

REALLY fucking hoping you're wrong after i buried 30 mil into this, and that retired lead dev title makes me nervous as fuck about that hope.

It won’t delete, just will be less useful. Get two randoms to join your gang.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, anti said:

Will storage be affected?  because thats all i care about.

Yeah, I'm almost positive that you won't be able to access storage if your gang population drops below 8.

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin
36 minutes ago, anti said:

Confirmed.  What a shame.  Gang shed for sale. 

Just invite randoms to your gang most people play the server once and never play again

• Like 1

I'd have to trust said randoms would both not steal the contents of the shed, and wouldn't go pissing people off.  Hard to accomplish.  

19 minutes ago, anti said:

I'd have to trust said randoms would both not steal the contents of the shed, and wouldn't go pissing people off.  Hard to accomplish.  

only people with rank 1+ in the gang can use shed inventory 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Vigi easy money said:

only people with rank 1+ in the gang can use shed inventory 

Comforting.  Thank you.   Maybe I will try this approach then.  

Actually, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me hash out these mechanics.   I expected a lot more sarcasm, and instead got legit help and problem solving.  You guys are awesome.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Richard said:

Literally invite every person to ur gang and keep them at rank 0.  Then maybe make friends and create a real gang.

I don't want a real gang I like rolling soloish.  I make more money without the distractions.  I'm trying to make the best out of the WPL life.  I have friends in a lot of different gangs, and we have different playstyles that compliment eachother.

7 minutes ago, anti said:

I don't want a real gang I like rolling soloish.  I make more money without the distractions.  I'm trying to make the best out of the WPL life.  I have friends in a lot of different gangs, and we have different playstyles that compliment eachother.

Soloing is actually pretty fun, but it can still be compatible within gang environments. You don’t need to constantly be with your gang on the map, you can spread out and simply call on each other whenever trouble arises and whatnot. Additionally, if the rest of the gang is rolling as a unit then you could act like a scouting party in some circumstances and relay information to them. You don’t even need to go out of your way to scout, you can just be doing a run and see another person with a tempest and call it out to your lads.

Edited by Slav
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Slav said:

Soloing is actually pretty fun, but it can still be compatible within gang environments. You don’t need to constantly be with your gang on the map, you can spread out and simply call on each other whenever trouble arises and whatnot. Additionally, if the rest of the gang is rolling as a unit then you could act like a scouting party in some circumstances and relay information to them. You don’t even need to go out of your way to scout, you can just be doing a run and see another person with a tempest and call it out to your lads.

The downside that being like 30% of the map is suddenly red to you.  I have peace arrangements in place with like 5 different gangs and half of them war eachother constantly.  The moment I slapped one of those main tags on I gotta worry about 1/2 the people I run into robbing me.  I'm a neutral faction.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, anti said:

The downside that being like 30% of the map is suddenly red to you.  I have peace arrangements in place with like 5 different gangs and half of them war eachother constantly.  The moment I slapped one of those main tags on I gotta worry about 1/2 the people I run into robbing me.  I'm a neutral faction.  

Ah, I see.

So you’re Switzerland! Making money and avoiding conflict.

Can’t say it’s not smart. Increases the probability of a successful run without interference. Good way to build up a pile of cash.

• Like 1

It's worked for me so far.  I'm able to afford to be generous to those gangs who come to my aid when I ask, and still stack the paper. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, anti said:

Comforting.  Thank you.   Maybe I will try this approach then.  

Actually, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me hash out these mechanics.   I expected a lot more sarcasm, and instead got legit help and problem solving.  You guys are awesome.

ill join on my alt but i need gang rank 5

You aren’t required to war people as a gang.  BPM ran almost warless for a long time.  Ran platinum and made bank.  U can also run solo.  Just saying add everyone u can and get 15 inactive to maintain ur shed

• Like 1

People get bored.  I've had a lot of recruits that practically pressured their way in and most people cant hang with the playstyle of not warring.  
If I ran across some people that were about that life id nab em up.. But its just easier this way for now.

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

You aren’t required to war people as a gang.  BPM ran almost warless for a long time.  Ran platinum and made bank.  U can also run solo.  Just saying add everyone u can and get 15 inactive to maintain ur shed

But when we did war, it was with multiple g hawks slinging AT's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1