Help with Performance

Specs:
i7-8700

RTX 2080

16 GB HyperX DDR4 RAM

237 GB SSD

2TB HDD

500W Bronze power supply (LOL)

I use to get great performance on caps and my fps would remain at around 50-55 frames, but now when I fight cartels and ESPECIALLY conquest my frames will drop to below 35 and at the highest 40-45, and it seems to get the LOWEST when I shoot at people close to me. Plz give me tips on how I can help my performance cuz I see everyone else going around with the smoothest gameplay ever during caps and everything else, and I just want that back ;(

For me and @Cale specifically, we will have good performance for months and have good specs. But for some reason arma seems to have a data clogging issue where it gets memory leaks and you have to reset your pc to regain that performance. So i suggest getting a decent sized thumb drive, putting all your files which you want to carry over on it (clips, pictures, etc) and format all your hard drives. Should make your performance be back to its smoothness for at least 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Lead Developer

There is an issue with arma that keeps the process running even after closing the game. If you do this too many times, it might result in lower performance.

39MJZzh.png

2 things you can do is either close these processes from a process manager like "Process Lasso", "Process Explorer", or "Process Hacker", or you could restart your PC every once in a while.

You can always try to change your memory allocator and extra threads that arma uses through the launcher. You'll have to look up which are the best for your computer, but this might help.

yz0p8SK.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jerrod said:

Specs:
i7-8700

RTX 2080

16 GB HyperX DDR4 RAM

237 GB SSD

2TB HDD

I use to get great performance on caps and my fps would remain at around 50-55 frames, but now when I fight cartels and ESPECIALLY conquest my frames will drop to below 35 and at the highest 40-45, and it seems to get the LOWEST when I shoot at people close to me. Plz give me tips on how I can help my performance cuz I see everyone else going around with the smoothest gameplay ever during caps and everything else, and I just want that back ;(

put your ping to 400 and you will be good so people are getting the same aids shit as you 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Jerrod said:

Specs:
i7-8700

RTX 2080

16 GB HyperX DDR4 RAM

237 GB SSD

2TB HDD

I use to get great performance on caps and my fps would remain at around 50-55 frames,

that would be your settings man 100%

yo i pretty much have the same specs, are you playing at 1080p?
what view distance are you using? I use 1200 on foot and have around 90-100. If you have it jacked up could be why otherwise there's something seriously wrong with your pc.

amen

26 minutes ago, gay dave said:

yo i pretty much have the same specs, are you playing at 1080p?
what view distance are you using? I use 1200 on foot and have around 90-100. If you have it jacked up could be why otherwise there's something seriously wrong with your pc.

amen

yeah I play on like 900 view distance and still get drops when I shoot, pc's probably smoked