Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

server dying or will it come back

31 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Still mad about being the worst head civ council needing maj to come to staff meetings to push your ideas for you.

Deadpool was worse.

Stilll mad a 5'4 English guy slapped you around for an hour

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Silton said:

Deadpool was worse.

Stilll mad a 5'4 English guy slapped you around for an hour

Deadpool was definitely not worse, pretty sure you were never at any of the staff meetings when deadpool was around, and not many civ council meetings, Deadpool was definitely more competent, not to mention that maj picked suwoop for head literally as a joke. Also not mad at all that maj came to staff meetings, just find it hilarious that suwoop was so incompetent he needed maj to push his ideas for him.

1 minute ago, Bloodmoon said:

Deadpool was definitely not worse, pretty sure you were never at any of the staff meetings when deadpool was around, and not many civ council meetings, Deadpool was definitely more competent, not to mention that maj picked suwoop for head literally as a joke. Also not mad at all that maj came to staff meetings, just find it hilarious that suwoop was so incompetent he needed maj to push his ideas for him.

I did go to meetings back then Deadpool was a flop who was rolled by the sAPD because he wanted Sgt back and couldn't write a paragraph or say a sentence without making himself sound like an idiot.

5 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Talk a lot of shit online. not much else goin on i see.

Edited by SuWooP

I don't understand you @Bloodmoon. You quit Olympus. You don't play anymore at all. Why do you even open the forums? Old habit?

You just come on here to slam the server you put nearly 5k hours into. Every single post you've made is negative.

Why?

You also insult people for staying on this "dead server" but you curate the forums constantly.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Tech said:

You also insult people for staying on this "dead server" but you curate the forums constantly.

Show me a post where I insulted someone for playing on this dead server. Not sure what else you're getting at with me bashing the server, sure I do it publicly, and the majority of staff do it privately.

2 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Show me a post where I insulted someone for playing on this dead server. Not sure what else you're getting at with me bashing the server, sure I do it publicly, and the majority of staff do it privately.

Oh yea I forgot you really love to play semantics.

So when I said "insult people for playing on a dead server" I should have said "Constantly talks about how the server is dead/dying while giving no solution"

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/39066-server-dying-or-will-it-come-back/?tab=comments#comment-505139

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/39044-would-pos-ever-get-hummingbirds/?tab=comments#comment-504749

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/39044-would-pos-ever-get-hummingbirds/?tab=comments#comment-504742

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/38977-events-for-smaller-gangs/?tab=comments#comment-503987

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/38956-thinkin-of-coming-back/?tab=comments#comment-503727

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/38380-asylum-vs-olympus/?tab=comments#comment-497411

https://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/38287-should-olympus-have-a-modded-dayz-sa-server/?tab=comments#comment-496264

One off comments aren't bad but you have a pattern of just shitting on the server 24/7 that's annoying and not helpful. Usually when someone doesn't like something they go play something else and don't stick around the forums just to be a negative nancy all the time.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Tech said:

So when I said "insult people for playing on a dead server" I should have said "Constantly talks about how the server is dead/dying while giving no solution"

There is no solution with the current server management, you can't have a good server with people that seemingly don't care about it. I feel like you either ignored the first page of my recent posts or just don't understand what I've said, so I'll put it plainly for you here, stop catering to cartel players when they are the lowest playerbase outside of the conquests that happen 3 times a week, warzone was never meant to be some invincibility zone where you can self-sustain. Add stuff for the people that actually login everyday, not people that play asylum or eu servers during non-conquest hours. 

Also in some of those posts I didn't even talk about the server being dead lol.

5 hours ago, Tr_Revenge said:

1-  Working for 2 hours and being fucked by the Cops in 1 minute.  ( İllegai Work /  ı am alone )

2-  Cops use of mods ( Cheating/Script )

3-  Gangs use of Mods  ( Cheating/Script )

4-  the comfort of the robbers in the city centers ( vigi ) 

5 - nstead of restricting the use of "teser" weapons, the areas of use and the high number of users

6-  Desire to destroy each other instead of working together and earning money in encounters in illegal or legal business areas

I'm sorry for my bad english. 

If you’re a solo player I recommend checking out the gang recruitment tab to find some people to play with. It’s safer to have someone watching your back

Also that’s a pretty bold blanket statement to accuse most of the server of scripting 

People rob runs as a means of making money as well so if it’s frustrating then I refer you back to my first statement. You’ll have a lot more fun and find it easier to get started. 

28 minutes ago, rafaaa said:

Also that’s a pretty bold blanket statement to accuse most of the server of scripting 

The guy exploit hides on caps to cap them and calls everyone who kills him a hacker.

6 hours ago, Tarquanda said:

Ban cheaters instead of protecting them to preserve population. People end up quitting because of cheaters and all that remains in the end are the cheaters. 

It's not a dead server but I remember not too long ago when it would get 100 people on s1 and s2. It sucks that when the server actually gets pop that it lags and takes 30s to pull a vehicle and shit like that. 

Honestly I think it can be salvaged but people need to get banned more for cheating rather than meta gaming and failure, maybe instead let the person know what they did wrong before banning them if it's their first offense. 

To be fair, we had a high pop a couple months back cause everyone was locked in their homes for covid.

I still think we have decent pop, both servers had on over 100 last night or close to

12 hours ago, rafaaa said:

If you’re a solo player I recommend checking out the gang recruitment tab to find some people to play with. It’s safer to have someone watching your back

People rob runs as a means of making money as well so if it’s frustrating then I refer you back to my first statement. You’ll have a lot more fun and find it easier to get started. 

I guess I got misunderstood.    my friend,  what I want to say here  , While gunshots are rising from every street, people are dying in every corner, people are being robbed in every square, the police pay attention to someone who works quietly alone.    The robbers shocked people with a gun next to the cops and took them to a house in the back streets and robbed them.   

I trusted once, I got shot in the back.   I did not collapse, I wanted to trust again.  as a result of my kindness they shot me in the head from behind...   That's why I don't trust anyone and I do not believe. I don't need anyone to watch my back. 

They will meet my Hostility as much as the size of my friendship.  Of course, I have Rule Errors. I will continue to play alone, learning from my mistakes and following the rules more. 

My name is Revenge.  I'll always kill the cops and the Robbers.    ( Following the Rules in the Role-Play Framework )

Edited by Tr_Revenge
  • BlessUp 2

I think a great way to boost player numbers would be to appeal to the solo player rather than the big gangs and cartel players 

for example those weekly events are mostly pvp events geared towards huge gangs where as the solo player in terms of events get what? those small events the admins run when they feel like it

now what if the devs found a way to make those events automatically launch every few hours? it probably wont grow the pop too much but it would certainly keep the interest of the few new players a little longer while you guys work on larger bigger events

• Senior Admin
35 minutes ago, Felipe Martinez said:

I think a great way to boost player numbers would be to appeal to the solo player rather than the big gangs and cartel players 

for example those weekly events are mostly pvp events geared towards huge gangs where as the solo player in terms of events get what? those small events the admins run when they feel like it

now what if the devs found a way to make those events automatically launch every few hours? it probably wont grow the pop too much but it would certainly keep the interest of the few new players a little longer while you guys work on larger bigger events

Did mention this within a staff post. Also put in a idea to add 2 new events which was approved too spice things up a bit. Will probs put it down in the staff roundtable to get these automated.

That being said I'd highly advise you to find a group/gang to play with honestly makes the game worth playing I would of quit ages ago if it wasn't for my friends who still play 

17 hours ago, Tech said:

I don't understand you @Bloodmoon. You quit Olympus. You don't play anymore at all. Why do you even open the forums? Old habit?

You just come on here to slam the server you put nearly 5k hours into. Every single post you've made is negative.

Why?

Its the bloodmoon classic. He has never said something positive he just tries to whine and complain until he gets something his way. Quite pathetic.

There's no "end game" content besides joining a gang which even then gets old in a few months of playing. The server gets a completely new player base every year or two because no one can seriously stick around and play this game because of a lack of content. The players want playable content when the game mode we are playing was created with the intention of player and player interaction being a majority of the gameplay and when 99% of player interactions are shit talking or being robbed or shot it doesn't make people want to play.

• BlessUp 1