Automatically put gang tangs on you when you join a gang

Add gang tags when you join a gang  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should gang tags be automatically added onto your name when you join a gang

• Yes this is a good idea
    • No this is dogshit
    • I would like to see something like this added into the future

I see a lot of people who are in different gangs, running gang tangs of another gang and rolling with them and this can be problematic if you're warred with that gang and either they don't show us as a red name because they aren't in the gang or you are warred with the gang they are actually in but not the gang that is the tags they are using - they could just shoot at you once and now there whole gang is initiated on you and it can also be very confusing.

I suggest that a gang can choose a custom tag to set for there gang and each member who joins will automatically get that tag put in there name, this would help with a lot of those annoying or confusing situations and would allow people to actually be in the gang to run the tags, I saw 3 + different people in multiple different gangs running the Noble gang tags and they had a 10 man, I was warred with one of them and of course when he shoots the whole 10 man can pull up, I suggest this idea to improve upon the aspect of playing with the gang but also the point of being in a gang and using there tags. If you leave that gang those tags are removed, this would stop people from mass rolling with a gang and running there tags but aren't actually with the gang and I believe it will lead to some players swapping gangs and much more.

Give some feedback on this idea whether you think it might work or if it's just shit, having dealt with seeing a player tagged of an enemy gang and seeing white name and being confused and then an actual gang member with a red name comes out can be annoying and I believe this will overall improve the gameplay and quality of life on Olympus as well as having all those untagged players in a gang be tagged.

Edited by Smackkk
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Skateezy said:

This has always been pushed back against for seemingly no good reason. The one and -only- reason you would be against this if you are 1) A vigilante 2) Attempting to take advantage of the rules to gain an advantage over other players. If we did this it would resolve new players getting banned for simply not knowing about tags and would solve the issue of any confusion with engagement.

I agree, adding this would benefit the overall quality of Olympus 

I've been a strong proponent of this since I started playing.  

There are a looooot of gangs that keep one or two members untagged that intentionally run around and rdm bait, and then demand excessive comp if you accidentally kill them.

Unfortunately, the rules are designed so that "group engagement" basically means if the mods like you, it's not RDM it's "Group Engagement," and if they don't, you're a SCUMBAG rdmer enjoy your ban.

I thnk autotags should extend to groups.  The moment you join a group, you automatically get the tags of that groups leader.  

The rules are basically written right now so that teacher's pet can rdm whoever they want and say group engagement, but some noob in kav shoots someone that was engaged with his friends and HE needs to wear tags to do that. 

I had an incident a couple weeks ago where I was robbing a couple enemy gang members at glass trader, and a member of Silla just decides to dead ass RDM me, despite not being tagged with them or rednamed, and mods and admins all agreeing this is "group engagement," where as if a new player does that, he would have been banned for RDM, and if I had just killed him on sight it would have been an RDM charge on me.

We have to clear that gray area up.  It's just an extremely bias way to play favorites. 

There is already something  in the works. Its forced gang tags for anyone with fewer than 300 hours i believe, and anyone past 300 hours has the choice of turning it off or on as to whether they wanna rock gang tags

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Millennium said:

There is already something  in the works. Its forced gang tags for anyone with fewer than 300 hours i believe, and anyone past 300 hours has the choice of turning it off or on as to whether they wanna rock gang tags

Don't have an hour limit on it, the big gangs that are doing this all have above that hour limit and abuse this gang tag feature, genuinely I like that you guys are doing it but making it a feature to turn off completely negates any good it will do

Edited by Smackkk
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Millennium said:

Should be forced regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Skateezy said:

Not to shoot the messenger, but why? I could possibly have brain retardation but this seems to defeat the point. I will drop tags here and there, as I am a Vigilante main, and I have become well aware of how scummy it is. Player A shoot -s-, thinks he kills them all. Now all of a sudden he’s being chased by some random name and surprisingly initiated on because he has no indication.

Agreed

should be enforced regardless of hours

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Smackkk said:

Don't have an hour limit on it, the big gangs that are doing this all have above that hour limit and abuse this gang tag feature, genuinely I like that you guys are doing it but making it a feature to turn off completely negates any good it will do

4 hours ago, SPBojo said:

Should be forced regardless. 

4 hours ago, Smackkk said:

I agree, the hour limit completely negates any use it would have

3 hours ago, Skateezy said:

Not to shoot the messenger, but why? I could possibly have brain retardation but this seems to defeat the point. I will drop tags here and there, as I am a Vigilante main, and I have become well aware of how scummy it is. Player A shoot -s-, thinks he kills them all. Now all of a sudden he’s being chased by some random name and surprisingly initiated on because he has no indication.

Its more for the newer players. They seem to be in gangs and groups and one of them may die and the other guy who doesn’t have tags will shoot the guy since he killed his friend. If i were forced to wear gang tags i would fucking hate it. The last time i would wear tags was when i was in Tree i think. I don’t enjoy it cuz if someone else in my group engages without me knowing i can easily get fucked over. If you have over 300 hours on the server you should have a pretty good understanding of the RDM & engagement rules. If not... yikes.

anyways, if it were to be forced on people with 500+ hours or 100+ hours that would annoy them. Some tags are just ugly and you would hate to use them, some just don’t like to be engaged with their group and prefer to engage separately, etc.

thats why the idea of the gang tags for only 300 and below is required/forced.

how exactly are people not wearing gang tags abusing the system?

4 minutes ago, Millennium said:

prefer to engage separately

this where peoples minds get fucked on engagment rules 

5 minutes ago, Millennium said:

anyways, if it were to be forced on people with 500+ hours or 100+ hours that would annoy them.

you see the actual community wanting this who tf would be annoyed by getting clearer ROE so they dont  have to pay 200k every fucking time this happens.

26 minutes ago, Shadexz said:

this where peoples minds get fucked on engagment rules 

you see the actual community wanting this who tf would be annoyed by getting clearer ROE so they dont  have to pay 200k every fucking time this happens.

I see about 8 people wanting this as a thing. 8 people is few compared to how many actually play the server.

If someone with a couple hundred of hours doesn't understand engagement rules idk what to tell you. They are very simple. You got tags, you don't got tags. bing bang boom.

30 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Its more for the newer players. They seem to be in gangs and groups and one of them may die and the other guy who doesn’t have tags will shoot the guy since he killed his friend. If i were forced to wear gang tags i would fucking hate it. The last time i would wear tags was when i was in Tree i think. I don’t enjoy it cuz if someone else in my group engages without me knowing i can easily get fucked over. If you have over 300 hours on the server you should have a pretty good understanding of the RDM & engagement rules. If not... yikes.

anyways, if it were to be forced on people with 500+ hours or 100+ hours that would annoy them. Some tags are just ugly and you would hate to use them, some just don’t like to be engaged with their group and prefer to engage separately, etc.

thats why the idea of the gang tags for only 300 and below is required/forced.

how exactly are people not wearing gang tags abusing the system?

by my point I made earlier, yesterday the Noble gang had 3-4 different people who weren't in the gang running tags and if you are warred with one of them like I was, all he had to do was shoot at me once and his whole gang is initiated, but if he had to be in the gang to run there tags, issues like that wouldn't happen, it would also help the overall aspect and ROE of the game - you say how tags might be ugly, but that's why I said gangs should be able to set there custom tag and when you join it gets added, if you don't want to rock gang tangs then simply don't be in a gang, gang tags would help a lot with wars against other gangs but also with engagement issues and much more, it's very pointless to put an hour limit on the tag because a lot of the bigger gangs with way more than 300-500 + hours abuse the gang tag system without even being in a gang together or people who aren't in the gang will run the tags

Just now, Millennium said:

I see about 8 people wanting this as a thing. 8 people is few compared to how many actually play the server.

If someone with a couple hundred of hours doesn't understand engagement rules idk what to tell you. They are very simple. You got tags, you don't got tags. bing bang boom.

If you check the poll, way more than %50 who have answered the poll said they like the idea of game tags, it will improve the overall aspect of engagement

9 minutes ago, Smackkk said:

by my point I made earlier, yesterday the Noble gang had 3-4 different people who weren't in the gang running tags and if you are warred with one of them like I was, all he had to do was shoot at me once and his whole gang is initiated, but if he had to be in the gang to run there tags, issues like that wouldn't happen, it would also help the overall aspect and ROE of the game - you say how tags might be ugly, but that's why I said gangs should be able to set there custom tag and when you join it gets added, if you don't want to rock gang tangs then simply don't be in a gang, gang tags would help a lot with wars against other gangs but also with engagement issues and much more, it's very pointless to put an hour limit on the tag because a lot of the bigger gangs with way more than 300-500 + hours abuse the gang tag system without even being in a gang together or people who aren't in the gang will run the tags

If you check the poll, way more than %50 who have answered the poll said they like the idea of game tags, it will improve the overall aspect of engagement

ngl didn't even realize there was a poll lmfao. What are you on about with wars? if you are at war with a gang, then everyone in that gang is already KOS. its kinda aids if u trying and force people to be in gangs to rock someone's tags. If someone wants to play with someone else and so they decide to run the same tags what is the issue with that. Who cares if they share the same tags, that would be aids if its against the rules that u can't rock the same tags if u aren't in the same gang.

You realize you are kind of contradicting yourself right? If two people are rocking the same gang tags, but aren't in the same gang, then they shouldn't be able to rock gang tags? But you want to force all gang members to rock gang tags? The warring issue your bringing up is pretty stupid. You want people to wear tags but if they are in separate gangs they cant share gang tags, so you are trying to force gang tags, but then when they are actually using gang tags you have an issue with it (whether or not they are in the same gang or not).

Wars and gang tags have nothing to do with each other. If you are at war with a gang, then you are KOS with them. No engagement is needed, no gang tags are needed, so why do you care if they have tags on or not. If you don't like it don't war them.

13 minutes ago, Millennium said:

ngl didn't even realize there was a poll lmfao. What are you on about with wars? if you are at war with a gang, then everyone in that gang is already KOS. its kinda aids if u trying and force people to be in gangs to rock someone's tags. If someone wants to play with someone else and so they decide to run the same tags what is the issue with that. Who cares if they share the same tags, that would be aids if its against the rules that u can't rock the same tags if u aren't in the same gang.

You realize you are kind of contradicting yourself right? If two people are rocking the same gang tags, but aren't in the same gang, then they shouldn't be able to rock gang tags? But you want to force all gang members to rock gang tags? The warring issue your bringing up is pretty stupid. You want people to wear tags but if they are in separate gangs they cant share gang tags, so you are trying to force gang tags, but then when they are actually using gang tags you have an issue with it (whether or not they are in the same gang or not).

Wars and gang tags have nothing to do with each other. If you are at war with a gang, then you are KOS with them. No engagement is needed, no gang tags are needed, so why do you care if they have tags on or not. If you don't like it don't war them.

I was one of the People that was online but in Noble the reason people were running N tags is we wanted a simple engagement but not to leave are gangs.  @SmackkkYour point is mute man it's not hard you shoot at or get shot at by said enemy gang and your auto engaged with all people wearing the enemy gangs tag.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, anti said:

Need to make this a thing and GET RID OF THE SELECTIVE JUDGEMENT "GROUP ENGAGEMENT" rules that basically let people RDM if the mods like you.

Can you please provide actual proof of said thing occurring? 

12 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

Can you please provide actual proof of said thing occurring? 

Ticket is still active on the last step for senior admin.  If I post details of it they'll probably lock the post or delete the reply.  

I keep pushing it up, not because I care if the guy gets banned, but because I'm asking for answers in black and white as to how this rule works.  

Basically I was robbing an enemy gang, and someone from another gang, from another vehicle,  killed me in the fight with no engagement, despite no shots being anywhere near him.  Ruled as "Group Engagement," and I have no doubt if I just sprayed him down with the rest I woulda got an rdm ban.

I want "group engagement" to either be detailed out in black and white, or tossed out the window tbh as my opinion on the matter. 

1 hour ago, Millennium said:

I'm talking about how I am at war with silla, but someoeone in silla is rolling with a different gang running there tags - but they are still in silla and that said person shoots at me because I am enemy gang, but now his 10 man that all have tags with him and initiated with me because he was enemy gang but his friends with the tags hes running wasn't

1 hour ago, Vigi easy money said:

I was one of the People that was online but in Noble the reason people were running N tags is we wanted a simple engagement but not to leave are gangs.  @SmackkkYour point is mute man it's not hard you shoot at or get shot at by said enemy gang and your auto engaged with all people wearing the enemy gangs tag.

When a 10 man is auto engaged because 1 member rocking there tags is warred with us, it can be hella annoying

Edited by Smackkk
1 hour ago, Smackkk said:

I'm talking about how I am at war with silla, but someoeone in silla is rolling with a different gang running there tags - but they are still in silla and that said person shoots at me because I am enemy gang, but now his 10 man that all have tags with him and initiated with me because he was enemy gang but his friends with the tags hes running wasn't

When a 10 man is auto engaged because 1 member rocking there tags is warred with us, it can be hella annoying

Was at max 7 people

13 minutes ago, Shadexz said:

@Millenniumif someone rocking silla tags in a diff gang and you shoot silla the other gang is engaged to + silla dumbass rule needs fixing

What lmao. Would you rather us send you 5 different engagement message at once 

On 4/15/2021 at 1:00 AM, Smackkk said:

saw 3 + different people in multiple different gangs running the Noble gang tags and they had a 10 man, I was warred with one of them and of course when he shoots the whole 10 man can pull up

I'm sorry we have superior tactics.

But for real, Noble is inactive and some of the members joined other gangs. When we get on every once in awhile, we want to play with our friends. Rather than make them leave the gang they're in or have some complex af engagement, its easier to just have everyone put the same tags on. If we had a long engagement message we'd have others in here complaining about not having time to read the whole message (complaints we've had before - some even got a 3 day for it). Once you start shooting at someone with a tag in their name, you're engaged with all of them. Easy.

Just be glad you weren't here when a fully staffed Noble was running four gangs at a time, each with different wars and one that was a vigi gang (oh yeah and four sheds on server 1). The amount of complaints we got (and people we got banned for RDM) was through the fucking roof. You could have been at war with Noble and Fuck Noble but not Nooble or Narcos, all of which ran N tags. I miss those days sometimes.

Yeah the system is abused as fuck but it's the least worst option IMO

16 hours ago, Smackkk said:

Agreed but like welcome to Olympus kid. 

*insert outstanding move meme here*