Building a new PC need feedback

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fraali/saved/zwXWt6

I want the top of line CPU and a 3080

32 GBs of ram

but I also need feedback and what i should or shouldnt add

the Link above is what i put together but knowing yall might have some other thoughts on it

if you're going balls deep i would go for cl14 3600 or something < indeed makes a difference in some games and applications 

and i forgot exactly which 3080 it was but the white after market one is best aesthetically imo as well as the top 3 thermal tested next to one of the asus 3080's 

5950x is overkill unless your editing, i mean if you have the money then so be it 

but i would do a 5900x with a 360mm aio 

room for oc

$230 for meh ram speeds

you could get that same speed for 100 bucks on ebay or some shit 

i think i got mine in white same speed and latency for 120

230 dollar corsair case

go get yourself a lian li dyamnic 11 or some shit 

change the cooler to this  https://www.newegg.com/corsair-liquid-cooling-system-icue-h150i-elite-capellix-white/p/N82E16835181216?Description=capellix&cm_re=capellix-_-35-181-216-_-Product&quicklink=true   as the 5000 series runs hot and a cheap air cooler wont be able to handle 16 cores.

And you can change the case to this  https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811112594 

it may say mini but it is still a good size case that can fit a 360 rad at the bottom and top while the side can fit a 280mm rad so you have a lot of space.

building a pc rn is so eh with covid & crypto. I bought a 32gb 3200 vengeance kit from best buy about 6-8 months for like $130. No clue why they had it listed for so low but its very pog.

5 hours ago, Revise said:

change the cooler to this  https://www.newegg.com/corsair-liquid-cooling-system-icue-h150i-elite-capellix-white/p/N82E16835181216?Description=capellix&cm_re=capellix-_-35-181-216-_-Product&quicklink=true   as the 5000 series runs hot and a cheap air cooler wont be able to handle 16 cores.

Noctua have extremely good air coolers kek

Just saying, if you're building a gaming PC in 2021 and it doesn't have an AMD CPU, straight clown.

I saw you've got one, but just pointing that out for the Shintel fanboys.

• Like 2
  • BlessUp 1
1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Just saying, if you're building a gaming PC in 2021 and it doesn't have an AMD CPU, straight clown.

you have a neckbeard

I built my pc last December this is it Snow White Christmas 2 - Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core, GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Vision OC, O11D XL-W ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker. And I tested out the difference between my 5900xs preformance and 5800s performance online and unless u care about 4-5 frames save urself the money and go for the 5800. I also got butfucked and ordered the gigabyte 3080 because the asus white 3080 came out a week later {):.  I don't see the need for the 250gb ssd cuz 3 ssds + a hardrive kinda excessive but just ur preference. Case price is just absurd bro you cant get a good phantom case for $50. If ur getting a closed case rgb is pointless on the ram. (Corsair ram is also meh) I suggest getting Crucial ballstix Crucial Ballistix MAX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Memory (BLM2K16G40C18U4B) - PCPartPicker.

Edited by Shadexz
2 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

When you can find a 10900k for 400 it’s really worth it

not gonnna spend 500 dollars for a possible 10fps increase 

2 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Ngl amd cpus kinda shit on arma they good on everything else tho

4 hours ago, eknjack said:

Noctua have extremely good air coolers kek

that case is made for water cooling idk if you even looked at the case or not and most people prefer cooling with aio / loop as it cools better.

3 minutes ago, Revise said:

that case is made for water cooling idk if you even looked at the case or not and most people prefer cooling with aio / loop as it cools better.

some noctua coolers are better than AIO's, also the case has nothing to do with whether you can put an AIO in it, as long as its not a tiny little box

1 minute ago, eknjack said:

some noctua coolers are better than AIO's, also the case has nothing to do with whether you can put an AIO in it, as long as its not a tiny little box

the case has a big part in how your system is setup seeing as alot of cases have a hard time fitting the nh-d15 in it as it is a massive air cooler but i can tell from what you are saying you seem against aio's for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Revise said:

the case has a big part in how your system is setup seeing as alot of cases have a hard time fitting the nh-d15 in it as it is a massive air cooler but i can tell from what you are saying you seem against aio's for some reason. 

im not, I have one in my pc. Im just pointing out that he doesnt need a 360mm rad when he can settle with the noctua

3 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I already bought the Ryzn 7 5800x

11 hours ago, DeadPool said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fraali/saved/zwXWt6

I want the top of line CPU and a 3080

32 GBs of ram

but I also need feedback and what i should or shouldnt add

the Link above is what i put together but knowing yall might have some other thoughts on it

I would switch out the air cooler for a 360mm aio and then switch the case to the 011 dynamic. This is a high performing AIO but has a good price https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Liquid-Freezer-All-One/dp/B07WNJCVNW

I would also recommend buying extra fans I personally quite like this fan pack https://www.microcenter.com/product/621236/Touchaqua_Notos_O_RGB_Hydro_Bearing_120mm_Case_Fan_-_5_Pack?storeID=081 It comes with a fan hub for the PWM power and it comes with a fan hub for the RGB.

If you have any questions about your computer build just Ping me or send me a PM and I will try and help you with your problem.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Shadexz said:

Ngl amd cpus kinda shit on arma they good on everything else tho

yeah the zen 2 amds were bad on arma. zen 3 they massively increased single core performance to the point where they are beating comparable intels so I'd say the ryzen 5000s may be even better now

3 minutes ago, casey1 said:

yeah the zen 2 amds were bad on arma. zen 3 they massively increased single core performance to the point where they are beating comparable intels so I'd say the ryzen 5000s may be even better now

Arma 4 gonna come out in like a year and we will have all just upgraded to the 3080 and we gonna get like 20 FPS on arma 4

Edited by Shadexz
  • Admin
11 hours ago, Shadexz said:

Arma 4 gonna come out in like a year and we will have all just upgraded to the 3080 and we gonna get like 20 FPS on arma 4

ahhahahahahahahha Arma 4 ahahha 

• Like 1