Civ Council Trying to Monopolize Cartels

Just now, anti said:

Turned down 6 people trying to join CTF this week.  I just like playing solo. 

And i very much respect that, we all have our preferred ways of playing the game which again is proven by you making this post, unfortunately for you it becomes a needle in the haystack situation where this is a healthy change for the cartel scene, just not your cartel scene by the looks of it.

You're just considering everything a "bug" whenever a player with a disadvantage can play to their strengths at all.  

4 minutes ago, SimpPatrolBlojo said:

And i very much respect that,

Highly highly doubt you respect anything I do ever.  You have consistently been one of the most toxic people on this scene I've ever had to deal with. 

Though not nearly as bad as the current head of Civ council who spammed swastikas at me and ranted about jews being parasites until he got banned from the noble discord for it.

2 minutes ago, anti said:

You're just considering everything a "bug" whenever a player with a disadvantage can play to their strengths at all.  

:pepega:

6 minutes ago, anti said:

Highly highly doubt you respect anything I do ever.  You have consistently been one of the most toxic people on this scene I've ever had to deal with. 

You do you ig 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, hawkg said:

Well if you will be adding this update atleast  add warzone drug dealer back for smaller gang thats cant cap cartels. And still want the tax free drug trade.

I mean, the whole reason they claim they are making these changes is to make it about "fights and not money."  Should add a couple tax free drug dealers if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, hawkg said:

Well if you will be adding this update atleast  add warzone drug dealer back for smaller gang thats cant cap cartels. And still want the tax free drug trade.

You're in silla you literally prey on new players and small gangs stfu. 

In regard to the post at hand @ anti I see where you're coming from for sure but I do not believe this will have an adverse effect on warzone. Even before LnT started pushing with large numbers (which we've done once or twice) we were still able to deal with large gangs like @ Strafe  said. True, Cabal and TP are always gonna hold caps when they're on because they have players with stupid amounts of experience on the server and specifically in warzone. Some gangs just have better players than other gangs and the small gangs are gonna have to accept that. I will say though I personally do not see any issue with the way warzone is right now and I don't know why there needs to be a change, but change is always going to happen whether people agree with it or not.

EDIT: We should be adding more caps not removing current caps didn't even see that part originally.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Vinny52 said:

but change is always going to happen whether people agree with it or not.

If enough of the server comes out against this it won't be implemented.  Problem is forums being flooded with big sweaty gangs who benefit from it and civ council to give the illusion of support for it.  Most players don't even bother with the forums.  Spread the word.. speak out against this retarded shit.

38 minutes ago, Vinny52 said:

You're in silla you literally prey on new players and small gangs stfu. 

In regard to the post at hand @ anti I see where you're coming from for sure but I do not believe this will have an adverse effect on warzone. Even before LnT started pushing with large numbers (which we've done once or twice) we were still able to deal with large gangs like @ Strafe  said. True, Cabal and TP are always gonna hold caps when they're on because they have players with stupid amounts of experience on the server and specifically in warzone. Some gangs just have better players than other gangs and the small gangs are gonna have to accept that. I will say though I personally do not see any issue with the way warzone is right now and I don't know why there needs to be a change, but change is always going to happen whether people agree with it or not.

EDIT: We should be adding more caps not removing current caps didn't even see that part originally.

Yeah that's basically their entire goal.  Condense  a couple caps into a tiny area that are a 30 second drive apart. 

17 minutes ago, anti said:

If enough of the server comes out against this it won't be implemented.  Problem is forums being flooded with big sweaty gangs who benefit from it and civ council to give the illusion of support for it.  Most players don't even bother with the forums.  Spread the word.. speak out against this retarded shit.

Fair enough I will join this campaign

• Love 1
  • Community Manager

Cartels were never meant for beginners or new players but rather a different style of play to promote an endgame incentive for the rebel faction. As seen over the past couple of years, the cartel scene has been in a gradual decline for quite some time now; which is a result of the game dyeing, game bans, stagnant content, and of course gang life declining as a whole. This change was not in any way discussed as a way to capitalize on the benefits gained by cartels, but rather to inspire the growth of larger gangs, increase combat in warzone, and bring back the overall competitive nature of cartels. Cartels were always meant to be fought over and can be seen as one of the most competitive roots of Arma 3.

Because of this decline, now is the time for change before there is no turning back and cartel life in its entirety is gone. Asylum has had two cartels relating to drugs/arms for quite some time now, and was an overall success. This is why we are also making a change of scenery. This change is meant as a testing ground/stepping stone for features to come for cartels and to bring life/content back to the cartel scene. Maybe even add some different cartels not relating to drug/arms 🙂

One of my biggest arguments is the current state of cartel gangs; there are not that many left. I would hope that this change will promote smaller groups to band together with the common idea of becoming a larger group to compete/dominate in the cartel scene. There is no group cap for cartels for a reason, so take this as an opportunity to recruit & build yourself a larger gang in order to reap the benefits of cartels accordingly. There will always be the "roaches", "backcappers", and "conquest gangs". these are common playstyles for combat regardless of game mode and there is nothing wrong with that. Condensing the cartels in my opinion is best for the server and we will see the results of this change hopefully in the near future.

As stated briefly, I originally wanted there to be only two cartels (Drug Cartel & Arms Cartel). Civ-Council & staff came up with a compromise in order to appease the server as a whole which has led us to the current roundtable change which is 3 cartels. Moving all cartels into warzone should increase combat and the number of gangs inside of warzone. By moving tower cap we are freeing up the peninsula for hopefully some new content that is in a very appealing spot on the map.

I also understand the argument about the underdogs, but there are already features in place for that like the new black market buffs. Combat takes time and experience, and the best way to counteract that is by practice & overall build up your gang to compete for what I might say is the most generous money making method on the server. Cartels should be earned and fought over.

PSA; I try to be as non-biased as I can and I would love for future feedback for not only cartels but conquest as well. Please reach out to me for any content suggestions, questions, or concerns and I would love to work with you to see what we can do.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Weird 1
2 hours ago, anti said:

Though not nearly as bad as the current head of Civ council who spammed swastikas at me and ranted about jews being parasites until he got banned from the noble discord for it.

pepega.png

Where do you come up with this shit?

1 minute ago, Diamond Drop said:

Show proof 

Was like a year and a half ago.  He deleted all your messages and doesnt appear to be in the noble discord anymore.  We had a conversation about it and he apologized for your behavior.  Anyone can talk to him that knows him and confirm.  He's an older trusted member of this community from way back.

Just now, anti said:

He's an older trusted member of this community from way back.

You are so lost in the sauce..... N | Michael was a random like everyone else in N at the time. Love the dude but you are just talking shIt now cause you realize that you are wrong.   @ Blueangelman36

• Like 2

Stop thinking that everything revolves around yourself. It doesn't. If you wanna become a vigi and camp rebels be my guest. You doing that is petty and will not change anything. Making an actual argument for it to stay as it is right now is the proper way and only way you are going to be able to keep it how it is right now.

Cartels are not intended for new players. Cartels are not intended for small groups of players. They are meant for fights. Gang vs. Gang. or even several gangs fighting over it. The money is a bonus, which when this idea was mentioned it was even said that there can be a reduction in money made from the cartels if need be.

Sure, bigger gangs and or more experienced gangs are going to most likely have control of cartels. That is where another group needs to contest them. Make bigger groups/gangs, practice, etc. You don't have to be in a bigger group to win, however it does help. A perfect example: Back in 2018-2019 you would occasionally see a few TI members log on and fight cap if there was any fights to be. The small group of TI that still played at that time would be able to contest or even beat the groups that played A LOT and were decent in size, like OG Plague.

The whole idea of this is to get fights back to what they used to be, and I doubt we will 100% get to what they were, but cartels back in the day were actually really fun. So we thought the best idea was to bring all the cartels back into Warzone, peninsula cap was far away and majority of the people who are looking for fights are not gonna go all the way to peninsula to fight maybe once, leave, and when they get back to the other cartels (OG or something) then someone is back taking the peninsula cap.

There has been a hatred of peninsula cap since 2018 from cartel players. It isn't people trying to monopolize on it. This change isn't staff catering to the conquest kids, this is us making a change under the Cartel portion of the server.

-make bigger gangs, allows you to fight other gangs like Cabal if there is such an issue with them

-practice fighting, there are CQC & A&D servers out there.

Anyways I probably sound retarded, and or don't make sense in some of what I just said. I'm sick and just keep drawing blanks. 

• Like 6

The issue isn't about fighting big gangs, it's about redesigning the entire cartel system to hand over a huge advantage to gangs that need it the least.  

If you want to get rid of the water caps, fine.  I'm not opposed to that.  Would stop a lot of the crybabies anyways.  

But don't cluster them together, spread them out further.  And don't lessen their numbers.  OG is the big gang cartel, the other cartels are usually fought over by smaller gangs who now will never have a chance because the powers that be don't understand how easy they're making it to hold cartels for the bigger gangs.

Or worse, they're smart enough to understand, and but don't care because they are in those gangs, or have friends in those gangs, and don't care if they ruin a huge chunk of gameplay for everyone so long as they help their friends have an advantage.  

Big john suggested a cap at ghost hotel.  Think that would be awesome.  Make two cartel zones.   Don't let one group easily monopolize everything.

They keep saying they're trying to make it "less about money."  Then why both squishing them into a tiny space?  They're trying to make it more about money, so that big cartel gangs that barely ever even play can afk with 5 people and print money forever and not have to do a run.

• Community Manager

@ anti I personally believe a system like Asylum would work on here. Maybe not the rotating caps but they have a total of 4 cartels. My ideal suggestion would to keep the two top cartels Drug (Church Cap) & Arms (OG) in Warzone. Then implement a similar alternative (that works around Olympus's counterpart features) like Asylum's Wongs/ Oil Cartel somewhere else on the map; not in warzone. 

• +1 1
11 minutes ago, WALT said:

@ anti I personally believe a system like Asylum would work on here. Maybe not the rotating caps but they have a total of 4 cartels. My ideal suggestion would to keep the two top cartels Drug (Church Cap) & Arms (OG) in Warzone. Then implement a similar alternative like Asylum's Wongs/ Oil Cartel somewhere else on the map; not in warzone. 

Nobody does oil.  The problem is that doing runs right now is as aids as fighting cartels for the small gangs.  Driving all these cartel gangs out of cartels to hand the caps to two gangs is going to make robberies even worse.  People are camping everything because the server is too high pop.  Cutting people out of things just makes that worse. 

I like you walt, but I think you know that this just basically turns cartels into a money machine that barely needs defended for the top gangs.  We have 140 people on the server most of the time... and now most of the server is being told cartels are off limits unless you have a zerg gang.  

Less people are going to fight cartels now.  You've taken the incentive away.  After this goes in, ONE GANG will almost always control all of the caps.  There is no division.  There is no hope of a gang holding another.  Your perspective is skewed because of your gang.  

Honestly I would rather be doing runs than doing cartels, but 140 server pop with cops that don't defend WPL users, and 80 elitist people who "don't do runs, only robberies" with 10 people actually trying in vain to do runs just makes this server aids.  I got forced into cartels because of stupid decisions that dumbasses pushed through because of lack of perspective, and now I'm being pushed out of cartels with vague promises of doing something for farmers in the future.  Fuck all that.