What is this I keep hearing from everyone? " Olympus has fallen "?

maybe they mean that olympus has changed so much in the past few months that if it keeps going on the way its going it will fall on it's face. don't know for sure but i've heard same from many and all i hear is lack of fairness and such and it's all about friends now which if your not the friend then gameplay becomes not fun. then you look for sometihng new (as in game wise) or new server to hope to find a fair one

maybe they mean that olympus has changed so much in the past few months that if it keeps going on the way its going it will fall on it's face. don't know for sure but i've heard same from many and all i hear is lack of fairness and such and it's all about friends now which if your not the friend then gameplay becomes not fun. then you look for sometihng new (as in game wise) or new server to hope to find a fair one

Well to be fair olympus has actually picked up on things. More players and more "fairness" has arrived. After the wipe things went to hell, now its just like the first time olympus started, nearly only core players for a little ammount of time. Just be patient and olympus will surely prevail. And we should basically advertise in some way.. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Admin

Only the best movie of all time 

Jxe9o4o.jpg

Hehe. The only reason that movie was any good was because of Morgan freeman. Even Gerard Butler gave a "meh" performance. 

I don't think it is the movie reference I think that people believe that olympus is falling. Is it tho?

As i said in my post, OS aint fallin and its probably a bit of both hah

• Admin

I don't think it is the movie reference I think that people believe that olympus is falling. Is it tho?

I don't believe it is. I mean. If people step down then others will take their place. Unfortunately everyone is expendable. 

I don't believe it is. I mean. If people step down then others will take their place. Unfortunately everyone is expendable.

Except from bojo! :3

We aren't going anywhere.

I guess if Poseidon were to pack up and leave we might be in a bit of a pickle. No one seems to want my job position either after they figure out what it is I have to do...lol. Gary however, def expendable.

• Like 2

I guess if Poseidon were to pack up and leave we might be in a bit of a pickle. No one seems to want my job position either after they figure out what it is I have to do...lol. Gary however, def expendable.

Eat. Sleep. Ban. Repeat.

• Admin

The staff have a made a lot of sacrifices for the community, and to say there work is failing in the form of a shifty movie poster is pretty disrespectful.

I don't think those were warfare's intentions. Clearly he was trying to deviate us a little from a touchy subject. Which is perfectly understandable. But as Hades said : 

Excuse my copy and paste skills. It does not include if, then, and/or , else. So it confuses me a little. 

Posted Today, 01:27 PM

Admin / Support

• photo-thumb-55.jpg?_r=1428948765
  •  
  • head_admin.png

vip.png

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationUSA

Stix, on 10 Jun 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:snapback.png

• Admin

I just think that movie is anti imperialists propaganda, and the director should be tried for treason.

Interesting view on the subject at hand. We shall sit down and discuss politics while we're at it. Just playing man. But yeah, it's just as you say. 

There was a time when there was a massive leave of members. I feel the majority of the reason was that the new economy that looked good on paper, was absolute shit. Lots of people felt this way (including myself) and got very frustrated. Countless times people made threads and posts that they wanted to change the economy because it wasnt working well and the common response from the admins was "Leave if you dont like it" so many members did and joined a new community. Olympus and the Admins eventually realized that the economy needed to be buffed and they did it. And ever so slowly some of the old members that left are coming back as well as adding lots of new members. Olympus is not going anywhere soon. While i may have clashed with the admins with my opinons alot during the whole debacle and even left for a few weeks its safe to say that this is still the best server out there right now. It may not be as feature filled as some but the Staff/community far excedes any other server. That is the reference Bub, people think that olympus is gonna die cuz badmins and shit cops. But its not. And untill it does i will be playing my balls off almost every day.

There was a time when there was a massive leave of members. I feel the majority of the reason was that the new economy that looked good on paper, was absolute shit. Lots of people felt this way (including myself) and got very frustrated. Countless times people made threads and posts that they wanted to change the economy because it wasnt working well and the common response from the admins was "Leave if you dont like it" so many members did and joined a new community. Olympus and the Admins eventually realized that the economy needed to be buffed and they did it. And ever so slowly some of the old members that left are coming back as well as adding lots of new members. Olympus is not going anywhere soon. While i may have clashed with the admins with my opinons alot during the whole debacle and even left for a few weeks its safe to say that this is still the best server out there right now. It may not be as feature filled as some but the Staff/community far excedes any other server. That is the reference Bub, people think that olympus is gonna die cuz badmins and shit cops. But its not. And untill it does i will be playing my balls off almost every day.

With the developers and designer working together on creating a revamped altis life mod, we're going to see some outstanding features in the future.

• Like 2

Olympus is a community, People come and go, in the staff and in the community as a whole, we have already seen some staff come and go, (Zeus) and many players (burban and others) but that's just the way it is, where one door closes 2 more open, people will always come.

Olympus is changing and getting better with every update. The only thing that could be seen as negative to newer players, is getting rekt by a gang as soon as they have enough money to buy a decent vehicle. But that's the game. essentially join a gang and thrive/get shit on by other gangs, or try to survive on your own.

I still believe we are better than every other AL server i've played on. especially since we have such a dedicated poseiden :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

today I took a couple of new players on an "Oil Run" with a Taru.

New as in "Press U to unlock." kind of new.

Went well but we got robbed on the second selling at the oil trader. Robber was fair, I asked he leave the other two's money cause they're new..he agreed.

So got a couple new players about 100k each, and taught a fair bit about the mod (game) at the same time.

The learning curve with this game is steep, and the grind from 20k until a million (a fun amount of money) is a bit tough.  It took me many many fuck ups and mistakes to learn how to successfully make money at a reasonable rate.

my point is hopefully this happens often enough....letting new players know more about the gameplay....like how even doing oil can be risky lol.

• Like 2

today I took a couple of new players on an "Oil Run" with a Taru.

New as in "Press U to unlock." kind of new.

Went well but we got robbed on the second selling at the oil trader. Robber was fair, I asked he leave the other two's money cause they're new..he agreed.

So got a couple new players about 100k each, and taught a fair bit about the mod (game) at the same time.

The learning curve with this game is steep, and the grind from 20k until a million (a fun amount of money) is a bit tough.  It took me many many fuck ups and mistakes to learn how to successfully make money at a reasonable rate.

my point is hopefully this happens often enough....letting new players know more about the gameplay....like how even doing oil can be risky lol.

When I first started with a couple friends they told me there would be lessons learned.  I learned each and everyone the hard way :P.  Just be glad Gary wasnt involved...