Olympus Entertainment | Giveaway + 4th of July Sale | PRICE MATCH UPDATED! ×

Looking for some Gaymers opinions

• Head Admin

So I've always used a headset for gaming/watching movies and listening to music but I saw this thing being released recently and it piqued my interest.

https://www.pcgamer.com/razer-leviathan-v2-pro-review/

I know Razer hardware in general is regarded a awful pieces of shit but this thing actually looks interesting.

So my question is do any of you fine folks use similar hardware and what would you recommend? 

• Like 1
  • Community Manager

sound bars are good for tv's/ music but not for gaming. Idk if I would trust a razer brand for that type of hardware though.

I would wait for more reviews on it from people like Unbox Therapy (he is really good on that shit). However after watching this 1 review it doesn't seem good at all for gaming. Doesn't actually have "surround sound" so you can't tell if something is on your left or right. and much more aids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swn3NOznTGc

• Senior Web Developer

I have something similar, not as fancy though. I’ll say for gaming it is pretty trash, but for YouTube/movies/music it does the trick. + when I’m gaming I need noise cancellation. Also I used to be a tried and true razer gamer years ago, quality and customer support has become trash as people have stated. 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, stayclaxxy said:

I have something similar, not as fancy though. I’ll say for gaming it is pretty trash, but for YouTube/movies/music it does the trick. + when I’m gaming I need noise cancellation. Also I used to be a tried and true razer gamer years ago, quality and customer support has become trash as people have stated. 

I used to be a huge razer fanboy several years back when I first got into pc gaming. However they have gone to shit. I have been interested in getting some desk speakers so let me know what you decide to get @Grandma Gary

5 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

So I've always used a headset for gaming/watching movies and listening to music but I saw this thing being released recently and it piqued my interest.

I know Razer hardware in general is regarded a awful pieces of shit but this thing actually looks interesting.

So my question is do any of you fine folks use similar hardware and what would you recommend? 

I think a combination of studio headphones and a separate microphone is always the best option for quality. If you just want a portable combo this could be a good option. All depends on your needs and interests.

1 hour ago, batGooseCan said:

I think a combination of studio headphones and a separate microphone is always the best option for quality. If you just want a portable combo this could be a good option. All depends on your needs and interests.

This, as long as your  home isn't too noisy in the background.  Headset mics are just a way to filter out background noise, and if your shits chill, just use a regular pro desk mic with pop filter to block out wind, fans, air ducts ect, and you'll have the best input available.  When you take the mic out of the equation for your headset, you're free to just go with the best noise cancelling 3d stereo headphones you can buy, but make sure they are 3D or it will affect your gaming awareness.  

• Like 1
  • Admin

The only thing I would ever get from razer is a keyboard, their headsets suck. I dont think we have a big enough market for this wacky shit yet to justify choosing them. If this tech catches on you are probably better off waiting a bit and get a better company's product once the tech has been advanced a bit more. Also I would assume this will always still be beaten by a headset both in terms of audio quality and gaming 

22 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

You're better off getting a soundbar/speakers and a dedicated headset. 

I personally would recommend for cheap but good speakers the pebbel v3s. I would also recommend these as good headphones as well https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx no mic but you can get good mics for cheap that are better then any boommic. 

53 minutes ago, Noble said:

The only thing I would ever get from razer is a keyboard, their headsets suck. I dont think we have a big enough market for this wacky shit yet to justify choosing them. If this tech catches on you are probably better off waiting a bit and get a better company's product once the tech has been advanced a bit more. Also I would assume this will always still be beaten by a headset both in terms of audio quality and gaming 

This basically

Just now, Hunter said:

You're better off getting a soundbar/speakers and a dedicated headset. 

I personally would recommend for cheap but good speakers the pebbel v3s. I would also recommend these as good headphones as well https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx no mic but you can get good mics for cheap that are better then any boommic. 

This basically

Even then Razor keyboards are shit best keyboard atm would be wooting 60he