iPhone or Android

Iphone or Android?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an Iphone or an Android phone?

• Iphone
    • Android

I've had the same iPhone 8 that i've had since middle school it holds charge for 20 mins but it still works. Will probably get a cheap android phone next all I use it for is calls, oly forums and texts

Edited by Frato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple–FBI_encryption_dispute#:~:text=Apple declined due to its,and provide the requested software.

https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/apple-wont-help-fbi-unlock-a-terrorists-iphone-heres-why-it-shouldnt.html

I will always buy Apple products if they remain the same way they are. I bought a Surface Pro years ago and it died within a year, I've had the same Macbook for 5 years and it's in the same condition I bought it at. The screens are brighter, the designs are slicker, and if you have a social life FaceTime and Group Chats are pretty big.

Apple does simplicity well - no I don't want the illusion of choice to be able to do 5,000 things with my phone.

People meme Beats too but they're the perfect gym headphone. They don't look clunky, are lightweight, don't really care if it's a $20 setup for a $200 pair of headphones.

Edited by Not Skateezy -Don't Ban-
1 hour ago, Frato said:

Explain why

really depends what u use ur phone for. If your all about having open access to all bits of your phone Android is better hands down. If your looking for a streamlined process thats widely used Iphone should be your goto. Root access to android is dead simple to accomplish while jailbreaking recent IOS versions is impossible (currently). I personally use a iphone because i really dont use my phone much aside to keep in touch with friends / family and go on socials.

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin

I own both (Pixel 7 and iPhone 13) I find myself daily driving the pixel more often, and in all honestly, stock, they are 95% the same phone.

I use the pixel more because it's an ecosystem I'm more familiar with using but switching is nothing. 

imessage  is better than RCS no doubt but apples refusal to use RCS alongside iMessage tells me everything I need to know about Apple. Android to anything RCS enabled is great. It's sad that 3rd party apps have figured this stuff out but android and apple can't play nice. Like discord is almost a better messaging app that works perfect on even more ecosystems. 

My other issue is if I dislike something apple does on the newest iPhone like remove the headphone jack, move the volume button, raise the price, whatever, there isn't anything I can do. With android I can buy like 5 different Samsung flagships, a Google phone, or a onePlus to name the major brands. 

Android is a little harder to gripe at because it's an OS not a whole manufacturer and ecosystem but here goes.

All the android companies complaining at apple for right to repair is a joke. There are like 2 phones left that use screws that can actually be home repaired, and that's pretty generous. 

Android companies looooove their bloatware, apple is bad about it but some android manufacturers ship their phones with so much crap.

Play store and app store are both borderline problematic, but there is so much more sketchy stuff on the play store. 

Hot take here as well. Forcing apple to the USB-C standard was a mistake. Apple has been a pioneer of connection standards for awhile now, and the joke of apple changing their connection type ever few years was a big part of how we got such a great connector in USB-C. MagSafe was cool, lightning and thunderbolt both had solid improvements over predecessors, and if it weren't for that push we could be stuck with the old micro B connection. Forcing apple not to innovate is a mistake. if they wanted to join the USB standard because its better, great! but if they avoid making a better standard because of legality I think we will be missing out. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, David Miller said:

I own both (Pixel 7 and iPhone 13) I find myself daily driving the pixel more often, and in all honestly, stock, they are 95% the same phone.

I use the pixel more because it's an ecosystem I'm more familiar with using but switching is nothing. 

imessage  is better than RCS no doubt but apples refusal to use RCS alongside iMessage tells me everything I need to know about Apple. Android to anything RCS enabled is great. It's sad that 3rd party apps have figured this stuff out but android and apple can't play nice. Like discord is almost a better messaging app that works perfect on even more ecosystems. 

My other issue is if I dislike something apple does on the newest iPhone like remove the headphone jack, move the volume button, raise the price, whatever, there isn't anything I can do. With android I can buy like 5 different Samsung flagships, a Google phone, or a onePlus to name the major brands. 

Android is a little harder to gripe at because it's an OS not a whole manufacturer and ecosystem but here goes.

All the android companies complaining at apple for right to repair is a joke. There are like 2 phones left that use screws that can actually be home repaired, and that's pretty generous. 

Android companies looooove their bloatware, apple is bad about it but some android manufacturers ship their phones with so much crap.

Play store and app store are both borderline problematic, but there is so much more sketchy stuff on the play store. 

Hot take here as well. Forcing apple to the USB-C standard was a mistake. Apple has been a pioneer of connection standards for awhile now, and the joke of apple changing their connection type ever few years was a big part of how we got such a great connector in USB-C. MagSafe was cool, lightning and thunderbolt both had solid improvements over predecessors, and if it weren't for that push we could be stuck with the old micro B connection. Forcing apple not to innovate is a mistake. if they wanted to join the USB standard because its better, great! but if they avoid making a better standard because of legality I think we will be missing out. 

didnt read

green texter confirmed