Jump to content
Olympus+ Update - Olympus Entertainment | Giveaway + 4th of July Sale ×

RP server i don't think so...


Recommended Posts

  • Admin

We are sorry your experience has not been the best. Remember that for our cops to provide good RP, you have to put in your effort as well. 

Usually these complaints are one -sided. Meaning that one of the two parts did not cooperate fully in the RP session. 

Without naming any names I'd like for you to tell us what do you think went wrong in your experience and how you think we can improve. 

Please do this as curteous as possible as I don't want to turn this into a crap-fest okay? Shoot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wavious said:

You probably should call this server cops vs robbers because clearly between cops arresting civilians no RP is needed what so ever. 

You're hilarious. Leave, it would be doing all of us a favor

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wavious said:

You probably should call this server cops vs robbers because clearly between cops arresting civilians no RP is needed what so ever. 

You'd be surprised at how much a gang tag can dissuade a cop from RPing with you while you're in custody. They know you've got people on the way even if they've taken all of your communicative devices. It is what it is. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Motocross_will said:

Wavious you should roleplay as a kid who takes his parents credit card and uses it for his own benefit. Oh wouldn't that be good RP. 

I got a feeling he'd be pretty experienced in that branch of RP... :Kappa:

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Wavious said:

You probably should call this server cops vs robbers because clearly between cops arresting civilians no RP is needed what so ever. 

I thought you were gonna go make your own server, if you don't like it here leave.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I thought you were gonna go make your own server, if you don't like it here leave.

Yeah he can use his moms credit card to pay for the server. 

 

Unbelievable... the immaturity. Yeah, complaining on the forums will do a whole lot.

Link to comment

It's funny because civs often times pass up the opportunity to RP until they're caught by the cops because then they have a chance to actually prevent loss if they RP well enough.

 

Yet any other time their RP is "hands up or die"

 

Such a double standard.

Link to comment
On 4/3/2016 at 11:27 PM, Fat Clemenza said:

You'd be surprised at how much a gang tag can dissuade a cop from RPing with you while you're in custody. They know you've got people on the way even if they've taken all of your communicative devices. It is what it is. 

THIS. RP? You mean listen to a story you've told me twice today so your friends can show up and shoot me after your 6th sense tells you they're in the area to call "hands up or die by *insert name*. Sure, let me just sign my last will and testament while you talk.

I'm not one to turn down stories, but there are times when it's an obvious stall / the civ is just being rude.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yeah but it is the same as when your on cop rolling into an engagement and you know, because of the limitations of handbook, that your going into death. 

cop almost always gets shot at first, which is why you don't lose anything when you die. Sometimes you just have to play stupid to maintain role play

 

ive tested some of the apd under scat names and they are horrible when it comes to negotiating, I didn't have a drivers license and the corporal told me he's going to run my name through the DMV... What's that going to do, I'm not in the department of motor vehicles and yet it was completely ignored and processing just continued. Incredibly disappointed and it's not like I'm doing the usual this mk18 is a walking stick with no firing pin used to shoot paintballs.

 

 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Yeah but it is the same as when your on cop rolling into an engagement and you know, because of the limitations of handbook, that your going into death. 

cop almost always gets shot at first, which is why you don't lose anything when you die. Sometimes you just have to play stupid to maintain role play

 

ive tested some of the apd under scat names and they are horrible when it comes to negotiating, I didn't have a drivers license and the corporal told me he's going to run my name through the DMV... What's that going to do, I'm not in the department of motor vehicles and yet it was completely ignored and processing just continued. Incredibly disappointed and it's not like I'm doing the usual this mk18 is a walking stick with no firing pin used to shoot paintballs.

 

 

I'll not disagree that it's bad RP for a cop to do that. However, you say you weren't doing the old mk18 walking stick RP. Yet something comparable to that is the old john doe "I don't have identification" RP, which is equally as shit. 

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Yeah but it is the same as when your on cop rolling into an engagement and you know, because of the limitations of handbook, that your going into death. 

cop almost always gets shot at first, which is why you don't lose anything when you die. Sometimes you just have to play stupid to maintain role play

 

ive tested some of the apd under scat names and they are horrible when it comes to negotiating, I didn't have a drivers license and the corporal told me he's going to run my name through the DMV... What's that going to do, I'm not in the department of motor vehicles and yet it was completely ignored and processing just continued. Incredibly disappointed and it's not like I'm doing the usual this mk18 is a walking stick with no firing pin used to shoot paintballs.

 

 

Buuuut the DMV handles more than just driver's licenses in Altis ;)

Link to comment
9 hours ago, McDili said:

I'll not disagree that it's bad RP for a cop to do that. However, you say you weren't doing the old mk18 walking stick RP. Yet something comparable to that is the old john doe "I don't have identification" RP, which is equally as shit. 

Well there was two of us dressed exactly the same, both wearing racing helmets and I got spangled prior to be arrested so I said my helmet shouldn't come off unless a medic supervises because my skull could be fractured. They didn't want to waste any time bringing a medic.

Link to comment
  • Admin
2 hours ago, John Wayne said:

Well there was two of us dressed exactly the same, both wearing racing helmets and I got spangled prior to be arrested so I said my helmet shouldn't come off unless a medic supervises because my skull could be fractured. They didn't want to waste any time bringing a medic.

The thing is John. It all depends on the particular situation. The APD always have something going on and playing the identification game pretty much just makes us irritated at this point. I always ask for a name but if you give me a hard time I'll find out a way to get you out of the " I'm john doe " mentality. Remember the TILDE guideline? That was a pain in the arse back then. We could spend 30 minutes playing the identification game. Sometimes no matter what we said to the perp they would always come back with a ridiculous excuse for RP.

" I burned my fingertips, I don't have eyeballs, I don't have DNA " - I didn't know we had aliens in Altis!!!. But like I said it all depends on how much time we have to process someone. I your story was just asking for a medic to remove your helmet to reveal your identity I would have gone with it for RP's sake. At least you weren't making it impossible rather giving a solution to your problem. But this also falls on the arresting officer. Not everyone plays the game the same way. 

Link to comment

Point I forgot to mention is the other person and I were trying to have fun by saying that we were the other person but the cop insisted we weren't, he could've just issued each of us the others ticket but didn't want to play along, just straight to LIST and it was disappointing.

you would've had to have been there but I'm done talking about it cause I've simply lost interest....

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.