Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus on the down swing?

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bow said:

Submit reports when you get RDM'd. That's the solution to the RDM.

Yet I waited a week to hear back on a RDM report, not the best way if nobody checks it. I have one that is in from Thursday and it hasn't been looked at.

16 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Yet I waited a week to hear back on a RDM report, not the best way if nobody checks it. I have one that is in from Thursday and it hasn't been looked at.

It's Christmas.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Don't forget its Christmas like Mercury said, most people are busy around this time. And just because we haven't replied to your ticket doesn't mean its not going to be replied to.

Only thing wrong with Olympus now is the Medics and the 3fps bug. Can't get a fucking medic to save a life half the time you call for a medic they go for there gang he'll I spend more money on epis then I do on loadouts. 3fps bug is so god damn cancer its not even funny fix those and some will be happy I know I will.

That's my opinion though. 

Edited by D-Dog

I havn't been here as long as some people but I feel like I've been here long enough to see a change in the playerbase. I don't thing it is as big of a deal as some may think though. It will always be changing whether it is in terms of trolls or RP. Tide goes in, Tide goes out. No big deal imo and I don't think its anyone's fault.

• Like 1

thanks for all the feed back . I don't mean to be that guy that says I cant run screen capture but I cant run  it so is there no solution to help the servers community improve ? is the only way to better it or even get justice to have recorded proof? there must be some way to better the servers community.

let me be clear it isn't the servers fault, the server is and always has been fucking awesome its the community that brings it down this isn't to try and help the server itself but the community that plays there. we need to change the tone in the server , people only care about the rules if they think that person is recording, also to one of the commenters, youre right I didn't know all the rules its a involved experience and its easy for newer people even veterans to mess up without realizing but thats not the focus and the admins aren't either this isn't about them or the server itself like I said above its about the community that plays here ands trying to find ways to improve upon the current experience

(Just pointing this out)

Have you thought about the fact that the game-play in this server (And in most servers for that matter) is mostly doing the same thing over and over? If you're feeling the quality of life in the server isn't as great anymore, that's probably got a lot to do with the fact that you've been playing this server without a break for far too long. 

I remember when I felt the game was getting super repetitive and annoying, especially when you end up on a losing streak of getting jacked during runs and falling victim to Arma bugs. I took a break from it for about half a year, and when I came back it was a fresh experience. Maybe the same thing would work for you as well

Edited by OlympusAccount
6 minutes ago, OlympusAccount said:

(Just pointing this out)

Have you thought about the fact that the game-play in this server (And in most servers for that matter) is mostly doing the same thing over and over? If you're feeling the quality of life in the server isn't as great anymore, that's probably got a lot to do with the fact that you've been playing this server without a break for far too long. 

I remember when I felt the game was getting super repetitive and annoying, especially when you end up on a losing streak of getting jacked during runs and falling victim to Arma bugs. I took a break from it for about half a year, and when I came back it was a fresh experience. Maybe the same thing would work for you as well

I'm taking a short break right now for this one exact reason

• Like 1
Just now, Ajax said:

I'm taking a short break right now for this one exact reason

Same. I ended up on a losing streak for about a week now (Lost a helicopter, trucks kept getting stuck for no reason in the middle of runs [I was on the road too]) and it got me pretty mad, so I'm taking a break for at least a month or two, see how it is then.

I got a 9 day ban after starting this topic .... RIP HARAMBE ... I haven't even played arma 3 in a week I guess casper did something wrong in the server and used my name .....XD

Edited by Vextrum
On 12/26/2016 at 3:17 PM, OlympusAccount said:

Same. I ended up on a losing streak for about a week now (Lost a helicopter, trucks kept getting stuck for no reason in the middle of runs [I was on the road too]) and it got me pretty mad, so I'm taking a break for at least a month or two, see how it is then.

During that 15 mill glitch they reset my money... I was going to put in a comp request but after all of the texture bugs and shit that has been happeneing lately I realized that I'm wasting my life raging at a game that I can get nowhere on because of these glitches

I just played on this server, invested 23 fucking hours of my life, got rdm 8 fucking times (not in fucking red zones), admins aren't doing shit about it, and when you call the police, there's no fucking officer online (20.00 o'clock El Paso, TX)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me one fucking reason to play on this server.

This is not Altis Life, this is Wasteland/King of the fucking hill!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, kevkevkevv said:

I just played on this server, invested 23 fucking hours of my life, got rdm 8 fucking times (not in fucking red zones), admins aren't doing shit about it, and when you call the police, there's no fucking officer online (20.00 o'clock El Paso, TX)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me one fucking reason to play on this server.

This is not Altis Life, this is Wasteland/King of the fucking hill!!!!!!!!!!!

Without trying to sound like a broken record, but actually doing so... submit a player report with a video showing yourself being RDM'd.

It is physically impossible for us to watch 222 players at the same time to make sure they correctly engage you, we rely on players in the community to submit reports on those who break the rules so we can ban them from playing. 

I feel like anytime someone says "RDM" "VDM" or "comp or ban" in sidechat it should be changed to say "I should fill out a player report/record" or something (like how it changed with the n word). Maybe that'll help people realize randomly bitching about it won't help

All I can say to all the people with issues with RDM / VDM (and this is coming from someone who isn't staff), from what I've seen, this server has some of the most unbiased staff members in the world. You'll find tonnes of servers where people get away with shit because they're either staff, friends w/ staff, a donator, whatever. I've put in around 7-8 RDM reports in the past 1-2 weeks and every single one has been accepted, regardless of who it was, their notoriety on the server, whatever. Load up Shadowplay and record your shit. If you have an AMD card, find the nearest bridge.

Real talk. Normally, I fucking hate staff on RP servers cause they're biased cunts. But I can almost guarantee if you're putting in reports, you'll get the fuckers banned. Just spend 5 mins in windows movie maker and be the change you want to see in the server by doing your duty and helping out the staff by pointing out the bad eggs.

• 5 years later...