Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

• Yes
    • no

• Admin
Just now, Jesse said:

A player may be taken hostage for 15 minutes, after which they may choose to stay up to another 15 minutes or leave.

If they're keeping you for 30. Report them. I fail to see how 15 minutes of your time is a big deal...

If its happening over and over again by different gang members who join forces just to rob cop gear then yeah it is a big deal. 

• Admin
Just now, Jesse said:

There's also a gang who joins forces to send civilians to jail for 30+ minutes at a time. That's a big deal imo.

A white listed faction with much less numbers. 

You know, however you spin it...

If a large group of people are having less fun, that is an issue.  Do I think we should reverse the decision of buffing vigi's and giving them more abilities (restraining and such) No.

Not necessarily.  However this dilemma does need to be looked at because if one group starts abusing it from the very start, more will come.  Cops will be in hostage situations or lethal situations more often than they have to be and it will take away from the moments that are truly worth some good fun and RP.

Perhaps we should tweak the vigi rules a bit or look into a different ranking structure/gear for the vigis. I like a two tier vigi license. However, we should better define what is expected of a vigi who is level 2.  The SPAR is a decent gun.  To me, a level 2 vigi seems better equipped than a deputy which is a little weird... Hmm

• Like 1

Ill +1 when cops cant mass log 12 people during feds and blackwaters then lol. And shit because of absence we cant restrain cops at federal events  now so it fair m8 I'm not a pussy when i get tazed by 5 different cops so they needa suck it up blah. I mean i perm banned so i wouldn't know any whom

6 minutes ago, Isaac Newton said:

it will take away from the moments that are truly worth some good fun and RP.

Huh? Hands up or be tazed has never been so much fun rp for me let me tell you....

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have an idea...

Maybe you all should stop being scrublords. Play the game with the intent to bring enjoyment to your gaming experience AND OTHERS as well. Stop being fuck bags. Maybe then we wouldn't need a fucking rule for everything.

Way to add to the conversation there chief. +1.

I'm guessing other ideas include World Peace, and fixing world hunger.

• Like 1
Guest G.O.A.T.
1 hour ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Because as my colleagues have said. This has gotten to be a constant thing. Read my post above. It has gotten to the point that's making us not want to play the role anymore. 

Bubbaloo, I appreciate you fighting the good fight here on the forums. 

Trust me when I say this, everyone's complaints have not gone unnoticed and The Staff will be made aware of my/the sAPD's position on the matter.

3 hours ago, gordonmann1 said:

Huh? Hands up or be tazed has never been so much fun rp for me let me tell you....

Well when they aren't so paranoid about being tazed and restrained by random civilians who are supposed to be arresting bad guys, they might relax and roleplay with you more.  Not saying every cop is good at RP but sometimes it's not about who wins a fight, it's whether or not everyone is having fun - even if you're getting arrested.  Vigilante's should always have the option to go to the dark side and rebel against the cops if they want...that's apart of realism.  As of late though, the cops are a bit grumpy and angry because they only get legit fights every once in awhile.  Hostage scenarios ARE fun in moderation.  However, if you get on cop and all you see is red alerts from cops being hostage as well as other assorted hostage situations, it gets really bland really fast.

Bonus fact:

I just asked my unbiased sister a hypothetical question (she is a gamer as well lol). I asked her if she were to  play a Life server and there was a cop faction, should a level 1 cop, who can only taze, be stronger than a vigilante who also has access to tazers?  She said the cop should be stronger hands down, every time.  She asked more questions about how the game mechanics worked while we were drinking coffee and she still went with the level 1 cop.  This doesn't mean anything but I found her input interesting.  Cops are white-listed and supposed to have the edge in battle if they are evenly matched.  Vigi's are rampaging right now and the scary thing is, anyone could do it.  There needs to be balance.  That's all :) 

Don't worry folks, I feel like it could be resolved easily.  We will be discussing key points about the issue and get some of the finer details worked out today I believe.  I'm not opposed to vigilantes having power, but I am opposed to taking some of the fun from a larger populous of players just to please a very small group.  

But what do I know, I'm just a career medic.

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have an idea...

Maybe you all should stop being scrublords. Play the game with the intent to bring enjoyment to your gaming experience AND OTHERS as well. Stop being fuck bags. Maybe then we wouldn't need a fucking rule for everything.

Are we writing in big colorful letters now?

How about we make it so cops can't be fucking restrained whilst tazed and we wouldn't need a ton of rules to regulate such a bullshit action?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sociopathic said:

Are we writing in big colorful letters now?

How about we make it so cops can't be fucking restrained whilst tazed and we wouldn't need a ton of rules to regulate such a bullshit action?

Because it's not bullshit. Play smarter, be tazed/restrained less. It's quite simple honestly.And yes, it'll still happen sometimes no matter how smart you play. Well guess what? It should. The playing field is equalized. The amount of money/time a civ costs a cop when he is tazed/robbed is marginal to how much cops cost civs.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

It wasn't just in regards to this situation. Just about everything that's bitched about on the forums could be resolved by people not having a "I need to win" mentality or a "I need to fuck over this persons experience to make mine 10x better". It's about everything really, AHK, exploits, mechanics, everything. People just feel the need to be toxic shitters. If that wasn't a thing, we wouldn't need anywhere near as many rules. 

Truth bomb

7 minutes ago, Isaac Newton said:

Well when they aren't so paranoid about being tazed and restrained by random civilians who are supposed to be arresting bad guys, they might relax and roleplay with you more.  Not saying every cop is good at RP but sometimes it's not about who wins a fight, it's whether or not everyone is having fun - even if you're getting arrested.  Vigilante's should always have the option to go to the dark side and rebel against the cops if they want...that's apart of realism.  As of late though, the cops are a bit grumpy and angry because they only get legit fights every once in awhile.  Hostage scenarios ARE fun in moderation.  However, if you get on cop and all you see is red alerts from cops being hostage as well as other assorted hostage situations, it gets really bland really fast.

Bonus fact:

I just asked my unbiased sister a hypothetical question (she is a gamer as well lol). I asked her if she were to  play a Life server and there was a cop faction, should a level 1 cop, who can only taze, be stronger than a vigilante who also has access to tazers?  She said the cop should be stronger hands down, every time.  She asked more questions about how the game mechanics worked while we were drinking coffee and she still went with the level 1 cop.  This doesn't mean anything but I found her input interesting.  Cops are white-listed and supposed to have the edge in battle if they are evenly matched.  Vigi's are rampaging right now and the scary thing is, anyone could do it.  There needs to be balance.  That's all :) 

Don't worry folks, I feel like it could be resolved easily.  We will be discussing key points about the issue and get some of the finer details worked out today I believe.  I'm not opposed to vigilantes having power, but I am opposed to taking some of the fun from a larger populous of players just to please a very small group.  

But what do I know, I'm just a career medic.

But you can't taze anymore at federal events so there are never really fights that are even with tazing involved and if so the cop can call backup no wave real and all sorts of things that have the edge

3 hours ago, gordonmann1 said:

But you can't taze anymore at federal events so there are never really fights that are even with tazing involved and if so the cop can call backup no wave real and all sorts of things that have the edge

Mhm that was a good first step.  People are still dissatisfied though.  Fighting vigilantes is kind of a mystery right now.  It used to be like, "Oh a vigilante is starting some shit? Let me just go shut that down because I am a cop and I'm better". <-- this should be how it is, imo. The old way. Cops could put wannabe cops, or cop rejects in their place.

Now, they don't give a shit because they can actually do damage and disrupt ANY fight really.  That PLUS they might have like 7 dudes with 7.62's nearby..or even more "rebel" vigi's.  Cops have backup but so do rebels. Sooo...

@Jesse

Rebels lose their gun. Cops lose every singe item they have on them.

The scenario that happened to me, 2 deputies and @Bubbaloo Burrito. We were in kav, I am on the second floor with a deputy and everyone is leaving. The gang in question has 5 members in the HQ, all ready to shoot. One of the deputies says "alright, time to leave the HQ everyone. The second he finishes EVERY CLAN MEMBER OPENS FIRE AND TAKES ALL OF US. Now if @TheRandomOne wants to come in here and claim " you just need to get better." He can fuck right off. These situations can't be foreseen. We finish processing guys, let them go because they aren't wanted and we were being nice. And boom, all 4 of us are tazed and restrained within 5-10 seconds. Then we are blindfolded, brought to the middle of nowhere and robbed of /everything./ backpack, Y inventory, everything. 

• Like 2

Your disrespect makes me grow weary your new here and continually act like your some sortof high position community member when talking to everybody on the forums. @TheRandomOne @Bubbaloo Burrito says hes bad and you respond with

2 hours ago, TheRandomOne said:

Fix this and it'll happen so much less to you.

like I mean https://clyp.it/jhnpyjjo

I find it (the tazes) annoying too and I guarantee that (I hate saying this but it's true) I'm a better "combat player" than you will ever be.

all the points you ever make are toxic and obnoxious you talk like a 15 year old starbucks girl and then accuse other people of groaning.

and then the second your beloved Jesse (not calling you out here mate just making a point and thankyou for your dev work) makes the same type of "shitty argument" that bubbaloo makes

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I have an idea...

you respond with

1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

Way to add to the conversation there chief. +1.

I'm guessing other ideas include World Peace, and fixing world hunger.

why don't you tell him to stop saying pointless arguments. instead of joking around like a mongol.

People can say what they want on these forums

But people like you who talk like their the OG L9J9 make themselves a hated fool.

My point is you can have your opinion I can have my opinion bubbaloo can have his opinion but the bottom line is just don't be a retard about other peoples opinions and start attacking them with your stupid sarcastic remarks.

Like I said your new here

Don't want you to have a ruined reputation this early on.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Isaac Newton said:

Mhm that was a good first step.  People are still dissatisfied though.  Fighting vigilantes is kind of a mystery right now.  It used to be like, "Oh a vigilante is starting some shit? Let me just go shut that down because I am a cop and I'm better". <-- this should be how it is, imo. The old way. Cops could put wannabe cops, or cop rejects in their place.

Now, they don't give a shit because they can actually do damage and disrupt ANY fight really.  That PLUS they might have like 7 dudes with 7.62's nearby..or even more "rebel" vigi's.  Cops have backup but so do rebels. Sooo...

I don't know man i might be neutral because the apd is more organized and yes the cops should always have the upper hand but the size of  the force mass logging onto servers its like they are going against 26 man fed which Ive seen but a lot of people have like eightish players doing feds and 14 cops mass log. Btw it goes both ways I seen a derputy taze full rebels like they were butter. And in a perfect world apd will always win  but on Olympus cops are going to get shit on more than often and that's how its been and i believe its gonna stay like that

1 hour ago, MrRonSwanson said:

@Jesse

Rebels lose their gun. Cops lose every singe item they have on them.

The scenario that happened to me, 2 deputies and @Bubbaloo Burrito. We were in kav, I am on the second floor with a deputy and everyone is leaving. The gang in question has 5 members in the HQ, all ready to shoot. One of the deputies says "alright, time to leave the HQ everyone. The second he finishes EVERY CLAN MEMBER OPENS FIRE AND TAKES ALL OF US. Now if @TheRandomOne wants to come in here and claim " you just need to get better." He can fuck right off. These situations can't be foreseen. We finish processing guys, let them go because they aren't wanted and we were being nice. And boom, all 4 of us are tazed and restrained within 5-10 seconds. Then we are blindfolded, brought to the middle of nowhere and robbed of /everything./ backpack, Y inventory, everything. 

My rebel loadout could be half off and i still spend less buying cop shit...

All I'm going to say is I'm not playing APD or Civ until this issue gets straightened out and I feel a lot of people in this community may hold a similar stance. If we wanted everybody in the game to run around with a SPAR 16 we would have added them to black markets and rebel outposts. To me it's pretty clear people are abusing the fact they can buy a SPAR 16 from any vigi shop and the senior staff are ignoring the fact that it is becoming an issue. To me it isn't only the problem of cops being tazed, a bunch of people are using vigilante perks to go around robbing whoever they please. There needs to be a rule made that states, "you aren't allowed to rob someone using vigi equipment" or just get rid of the vigilante role altogether because the majority of the people who use a tazer rifle aren't going to play as a legal vigilante. Obviously nothing is going to change unless the senior staff agree that this is an issue that needs to be resolved.

• Like 1
Guest G.O.A.T.
1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

Because it's not bullshit. Play smarter, be tazed/restrained less. It's quite simple honestly.And yes, it'll still happen sometimes no matter how smart you play. Well guess what? It should. The playing field is equalized. The amount of money/time a civ costs a cop when he is tazed/robbed is marginal to how much cops cost civs.

Your argument is so circular it's actually mind-boggling that you see that as an effective way to resolve most cop issues.