Make Marijuana Legal

It's about time Olympus officials make Marijuana legal!!  It's ridiculous how many young people are going to jail, especially in and around Kavala, for possession of Marijuana.  It's natural, its not addicting, and its really good with Cheetos.   I propose we allow civilians to carry a maximum of 10 marijuana at any given time. Thoughts?

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 2

I've thought about this as well, and I think it would be interesting. But as for your argument that it's natural and therefore good, that argument sucks. Giant hogweed, cocaine, opium, asbestos, and tobacco are also natural, comrade! But I digress... Yes, lets try making it legal in olympus and see how it works out

I posted a suggestion in the medic forums about implementing a medicinal card to players for a limited amount that could be carried.  this would obviously come with restrictions and cost... but could turn into some good rp 

p.s. I posted in the medic forums after I saw this post... just so you know you have credit

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Hucci said:

That might be too complicated especially for cops, if someone thought of a simpler way to implement it, it might work.

not if a medic had to issue the card kinda like a debit card. and still illegal to smoke in public places. but if you were to get in trouble with the cops it would show in the inventory like the drugs do. 

Or make a purchasable license at a "weed store" where you would be able to sell the processed goods. Also for some fun RP make it revokable by the cops for crimes like "Intent to distribute" or "Use of drugs in public". Could add some fun to Kavala.

• Like 1

IRL I agree wholeheartedly.  In game, this seems like complexity without much clear benefit.

I know it's been tried elsewhere, even voting on whether it's illegal or having the server's "governor" make that decision.  Anyone know if this was actually fun?

Anyhow, this belongs in a larger discussion about the difference between legal & illegal goods and the server economy. Do the prices of things, and the relationships between those prices, still make sense in 2017?  

For example, express monetary values in terms of the main commodity: loadouts. For convenience lets say a full rebel loadout costs $250k. 1 LO = $250k.  Then we can express other prices in terms of loadouts.  1 revive costs 1/25 LO.  A successful solo diamond run in a SUV gets you around 0.8 LO, whereas for heroin that might be more like 1.25 LO.  Helis start at about 1.5 LO.  Assuming a SUV diamond run takes 40 minutes, a jail term of 20 minutes then effectively charges you an opportunity cost of 0.4 LO. 

The numbers in that above paragraph are all estimates, but thinking about things in these terms can help to answer questions about balance, and also help players decide what sorts of risks to take.

1 hour ago, Mike Pence said:

Or make a purchasable license at a "weed store" where you would be able to sell the processed goods. Also for some fun RP make it revokable by the cops for crimes like "Intent to distribute" or "Use of drugs in public". Could add some fun to Kavala.

@Berg02 That's another reminder that drug dealer charges were awesome, and our new devs seem to be awesome enough to figure out how to fix them, finally. This was another piece of the legal/illegal balance that is currently missing.

For anyone who wasn't around, cops used to be able to go up to a drug dealer, select "question drug dealer", and charges would automatically be added to anyone who had sold during the server cycle.

If it were made legal then as strikke said price would drop and the kavalians would not be so rich. Then it would hurt the new players of the community trying to make money for the first time being on the server. Just my 2 cents on it.

If it were made legal then as strikke said price would drop and the kavalians would not be so rich. Then it would hurt the new players of the community trying to make money for the first time being on the server. Just my 2 cents on it.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Make it so a certain rank of r&r can issue green cards to civs in need! :P@Muthinator

All they have to do is tear off part of their uniform hehe xd

Just now, Ozzy Jones said:

@Berg02 That's another reminder that drug dealer charges were awesome, and our new devs seem to be awesome enough to figure out how to fix them, finally. This was another piece of the legal/illegal balance that is currently missing.

i was pointing out the hypocrisy. the drug dealer charges were dumb as fuck. "lol he mad a mil and a half of meth but at least he has a 6k charge now fucking goteeeeeeem

@DeadPool1337.......i yell at people for shooting at me cause I don't want my suit bloody or dirty... ill be damned if I'm gonna be ripping off parts of my uniform lol

8 minutes ago, Lincoln Williams said:

@DeadPool1337.......i yell at people for shooting at me cause I don't want my suit bloody or dirty... ill be damned if I'm gonna be ripping off parts of my uniform lol

Just dupe the uniform go down in history like the past few medics xd

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

Just dupe the uniform go down in history like the past few medics xd

lol rather go down in history going postal with a mk200

Just now, Sociopathic said:

I can't be beat, I got blacklisted twice from R&R, the 2nd one was for shooting someone as a medic, yet I am still a medic.

It's Olympus perms and blacklist are only a 12 units of time meme