Is olympus RP, or wasteland with no body looting?

Now before i get all you shitters worked up who have played for a while or just have that forum type additude, or love olympus the way it is because it sways in your direction (being apd or part of a huge gang). 

Is olympus really an rp server? 96% of all people who talk are just saying " hands up or die " or " Apd hands up or be tazed " sure you talk to one guy a day and have a funny encounter but olympus is not RP, and has not been in a long long time. It's time the mods and admins started to care or take altis life/role-playing out of the title I M O, because for ANY civilian playing the game, it is not rp in any way. Cops have enforced rp, medics have an immunity, but civ's constantly get rdm'd by each other, have rules broken against by the cops (robocops, cops don't cooperate, none of them know the damn rules, etc). because the cops are just civs who want infinite OP loadouts with no charge against them for dying and rushing back in :D.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, McDili said:

It's an unwhitelisted server. Rule breakers are part in parcel with an unwhitelisted server. Record and report.

^ and avoid kavala the BS drastically drops down... but i hear you with the RP they just do the min required to not get a ban... that said have had alot of good rp here... enough to deal with the BS and sometimes rage inducing stuff lol

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, IPI xFusion said:

^ and avoid kavala the BS drastically drops down... but i hear you with the RP they just do the min required to not get a ban... that said have had alot of good rp here... enough to deal with the BS and sometimes rage inducing stuff lol

Some would say......To get great RP get arrested by the APD, you'll find gems in their.....

Mostly only I say that but you know what I dont care

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It's an unwhitelisted server. Rule breakers are part in parcel with an unwhitelisted server. Record and report.

but when higher ranking apd or moderators decide to let rules fly or change how they perceive the rules it breaks the whole spirit of the game. the last time i was able to rp a ticket down out of a cop he told me he'd give a half ticket, and bcs the restart was in 15 MINUTES, he told me there was no time and sent me straight to jail. 

There are so many changes to the server that are big but would balance the server so well like 

1. Lowering the already buffed armor on APD vests, a cop tac vest today withstood 3 ak-12 shots but a deputy can 1 hit taze a carrier rig?

2. Giving cops nlr, they're not fucking underpowered, they are buffed and have the luxury of respawning with gear, even 5 minutes would make sense. 

3. Make cops pay for loadouts, like honestly....

4. Wipe the goddamn server, the server's been up for 2 years without a wipe and the amount of possibilities for rp and good times with people going nuts trying to do runs and legal things would be great.

5. take the sting away from the deputy, like, wtf, po7 day's actually made sense.

1 hour ago, Japan said:

There are so many changes to the server that are big but would balance the server so well like 

1. Lowering the already buffed armor on APD vests, a cop tac vest today withstood 3 ak-12 shots but a deputy can 1 hit taze a carrier rig?

We can't change armor on vests without mods. Furthermore, I've actually just gotten done testing this as Nikoteen also said something about deputy vest taking 3 7.62mm shots to kill.

At point blank it seems to take 2 shots to kill, which is pretty standard and has been for a very long time. But for some reason, in the range of 110m-200m it only actually takes one shot to kill. So actually, the cop vest has been nerfed.

Furthermore the tazers do not do extra damage. They do the same damage as the bullet of the weapon they are using. Most Altis Life servers have 1-hit taze. We don't.

1 hour ago, Japan said:

2. Giving cops nlr, they're not fucking underpowered, they are buffed and have the luxury of respawning with gear, even 5 minutes would make sense. 

Vast majority of cops you encounter have either 9mm weapons or 6.5mm weapons. Half of them can't even engage you beyond 200m. And their vests are less sturdy than vests you have easy access to as a civ. Hell even the vigi vest is better armor. 

Cops not having NLR simulates an actual police force, which is why they have weaker equipment in comparison.

1 hour ago, Japan said:

3. Make cops pay for loadouts, like honestly....

We won't have cops if we do this. Especially considering how easy it is to take one hostage and how often they just get slaughtered. Feds, Jails, and BW's almost always come with the immense slaughter of APD players. This is fine because they don't lose loadouts (Only vehicles.) But if they did have to re-buy every time, then we'd probably remove the mandate that forces them to respond to these events, which if you ask me sounds extremely boring so that's not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Japan said:

4. Wipe the goddamn server, the server's been up for 2 years without a wipe and the amount of possibilities for rp and good times with people going nuts trying to do runs and legal things would be great.

Not gonna happen. Wiping the server just frustrates most folks who been working against the grind of big gangs to make something of their bank account. We do this and we lose a shitload of players, just like the last time we did it.

1 hour ago, Japan said:

5. take the sting away from the deputy, like, wtf, po7 day's actually made sense.

Back in those days the tazers were 1-hit taze so it was fine. Once the 1-hit taze went away, it was still not so bad, until Bohemia changed how ballistics work with vests in Marksman update, which completely made the P07 useless. You probably remember back in the day how it was most often a 1-2hit taze with the p07. Now it takes 9-11 chest shots to a vigi vest or higher in most cases. So that's why they got stings.

Soft core RP, nothing to serious, but not too little or it would be dayz. I've played the whitelist for official ArmA 3 Life mod, it's fun, but Olympus Pvp, staff, and community top it.

• Like 1

@McDili first, thanks for replying, i would argue most of the mods or even admins don't care enough to look/consider/have a decent civil arguement.

back on cop nlr, the wave rule needs to be heavily enforced to simulate a real cop environment, edspecially when we always end up seeing multiple players come by themselves in SUV's just coming by themselves until we message them and go " wave rule? ;) " and seeing them turn back.

back on 1 hit tazes, most cops 1 hit taze to any bodypart other than the vest, this was also valid with the po7 and is (for lack of a better word) exploited to the best of any cop's po7. This is preety bullshit considering i've been tazed by a hit to the foot from 350m by a 9mm from a deputy with a sting. 

Back on vests, the civilian tac vests are defenitely not the same ballistic wise as the police vest, i'd be suprised if they were and i might try and do them myself. Last night i ended up shooting a cop from 200m 2-3 times in the chest/neck area with an ak-12, which i used to 1 shot a direct hit to a tac vest earlier in the day against a civ.

another rule to be enforced is outnumbering 3 to 1. For some damn reason 99% of cops see this as a " i'll die if i raise my gun but ohwell i'll go respawn at cop HQ " rather than " this is a rule and my character's life is at risk ". 

8 hours ago, RubberDuck said:

Soft core RP, nothing to serious, but not too little or it would be dayz. I've played the whitelist for official ArmA 3 Life mod, it's fun, but Olympus Pvp, staff, and community top it.

Honestly i've had some great great rp with you back in the day, i applaud you for actually being one of the few APD that i see get into the scenario and work with the player.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Japan said:

@McDili first, thanks for replying, i would argue most of the mods or even admins don't care enough to look/consider/have a decent civil arguement.

back on cop nlr, the wave rule needs to be heavily enforced to simulate a real cop environment, edspecially when we always end up seeing multiple players come by themselves in SUV's just coming by themselves until we message them and go " wave rule? ;) " and seeing them turn back.

back on 1 hit tazes, most cops 1 hit taze to any bodypart other than the vest, this was also valid with the po7 and is (for lack of a better word) exploited to the best of any cop's po7. This is preety bullshit considering i've been tazed by a hit to the foot from 350m by a 9mm from a deputy with a sting. 

Back on vests, the civilian tac vests are defenitely not the same ballistic wise as the police vest, i'd be suprised if they were and i might try and do them myself. Last night i ended up shooting a cop from 200m 2-3 times in the chest/neck area with an ak-12, which i used to 1 shot a direct hit to a tac vest earlier in the day against a civ.

another rule to be enforced is outnumbering 3 to 1. For some damn reason 99% of cops see this as a " i'll die if i raise my gun but ohwell i'll go respawn at cop HQ " rather than " this is a rule and my character's life is at risk ". 

Honestly i've had some great great rp with you back in the day, i applaud you for actually being one of the few APD that i see get into the scenario and work with the player.

AK-12 is shit, I don't know if you know but a long time ago the gun was nerfed.

Regarding the 3-1, its actually a thing in the script now so that there must be at least 3 players in very close proximity to the officer to be able to take them hostage. But if they are blatantly breaking the rules then you can always report it.

And once you leave Kavala you'll notice the amount of RDM dramatically reduces, we don't force people to get into hardcore RP sessions because we want them to have fun, we're a light RP server in that regard, if its hardcore RP you want then you might be better off looking at some other servers that are around that require white-listing to join.

This server is far more PVP focused than RP and a lot of the members in the community don't really care for a real "RP session" Personally I only RP if I'm on cop and would never do it on civ because I'm here for fighting as is a pretty decent percentage of the community.

Well then again as there haven't been many fights lately maybe everyone is RPing :huh:

But on the serious side when I say fighting I'm not even talking necessarily cartel fighting but robbing scatting and everything else really isn't for a great RP experience it's to take stuff from other people...

Now in response to this sentence "because the cops are just civs who want infinite OP loadouts with no charge against them for dying and rushing back in :D." That is definitely not true. the Cop loadout is horrible unless you are an SAPD member. MX/MXM/Sting vs any decent player with a 7.62 should never win out. a civilian basically always has a cop Lt.+ Loadout and there is onlyyyy what? like 14 of those and their hardly ever on. SGT still is worse than your average civ. All of your stats about how cop gear is buffed is fake news as well. In the end, if I was simply playing to get kills I would much rather be on civ then on cop.

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, Tman15tmb said:

I'd be down for a server wipe. MPO. The server seems stagnant at times.

16 hours ago, McDili said:

not gonna happen. Wiping the server just frustrates most folks who been working against the grind of big gangs to make something of their bank account. We do this and we lose a shitload of players, just like the last time we did it.

TBH though, what is there to do on olympus but grind and kill? i find myself working for money (btw for the rest of the comments that refer to kavala, i never go to kavala because it is rdm centeral) and then realizing that i just hit 10m for almost no reason but to help me kill more. this is why i'm looking for fun RP experiences within altis life, i know life has whitelisted rp but the game looks like aids and the rules are beyond strict. But ask yourself, who cares if some big gang has a big wallet, shouldn't they be using it and not trying to hoard the money for the next 5 years like this is runescape or some shit? The money should be used (yes this is always a choice) to have a good time. 

you could even release another server (#4) which wouldn't be sync'd to the main 3 servers, but be completely fresh and open to new gangs and rp and fun. Does the idea of people actually doing legals and roleplaying and finding ways to do money other than taking a 50/50 drug run or robbing sound fun? Police could actually run checkpoints, the amount of possibilities are endless.

8 hours ago, Japan said:

This is true. It's also true that it's a 1 shot kill for most civ weapons as well when you hit a body part other than the vest.

The taze code for the longest time was setup to taze you when you went below 10HP. But a few months ago it was tweaked yet again so that you ONLY get tazed in a situation that you would have otherwise died if it had been normal lethal rounds. Tazing people follows the exact same principles as lethaling them. It always takes the same amount of shots to whatever body part you are hitting to kill as it does to taze. You can test this if you want and if you prove me wrong then I'll be HAPPY because then it would shed light on an issue that needs solving. But I think you'll find this isn't an issue.

8 hours ago, Japan said:

Again I had just finished testing the police tac vest with one of the civ rep's right before my last post. At most it takes 2 shots from a 7.62 to kill someone, sometimes it takes 1 shot. All tests were done at full HP and with a Mk1. We also tested civ vests although not as thoroughly, we didn't test the civ tactical vest as no civs use that since they have access to carrier lites and GA Carrier Rigs, which we tested briefly. It never was a 1 shot kill with 7.62mm. In instances of wearing CSAT it took more than 2 shots.

8 hours ago, Japan said:

Thank you I appreciate it.

I think what many don't realize is that there is a lot of info that civs think they know but haven't really tested in a controlled environment. Often folks think cops are OP and shout out factors that aren't actually true, or they say they break the rules in which case, record and report and it's dealt with.

But at the same time, it's no secret that the civilian faction had been neglected for quite some time, which is why we started the civlian representation project which you might have noticed. You should reach out to your civ reps to learn more and get potentially get educated. They go to the staff meetings every two weeks so they get an audience with the staff/devs in a formal setting to tackle any pressing issues, concerns, or even make suggestions.

18 hours ago, McDili said:

Cops not having NLR simulates an actual police force, which is why they have weaker equipment in comparison.

But what about the rebels trying to simulate a gang force? huehue

@McDili yes i will be reporting but 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1kSoBcwQ8

1. human sheilded, he said he was glitched, if so he shouldn't have pushed UP TO THE BOMB

2. dropped inside a crate for 10mins.. the whole fed could have gone differently had i been able to help

3. blow us up, we got no comp... they said our pardon was the comp but i begged to differ

7 minutes ago, Japan said:

@McDili yes i will be reporting but 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1kSoBcwQ8

1. human sheilded, he said he was glitched, if so he shouldn't have pushed UP TO THE BOMB

2. dropped inside a crate for 10mins.. the whole fed could have gone differently had i been able to help

3. blow us up, we got no comp... they said our pardon was the comp but i begged to differ

Make it a player report, public forums aren't the place.

Go to support on the top of the page.

10 minutes ago, McDili said:

Make it a player report, public forums aren't the place.

Go to support on the top of the page.

yeah i know i'm working on a report, i'm just throwing it out as a little "seriously" kinda thing. cops lethaling on wave 2 because they don't know how many people are there, fun times.