APD Master Handbook Rework 8/30/17

Guest G.O.A.T.

Just now, Peta said:

just to clarify coz my english is bad:

1. if there's a situation with POs who've done 2 waves, and I join, I can go on and load lethals ?

2. why would anyone ask to add an extra bounty on them? 

thanks you <3 

1. Yes.

2. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guest G.O.A.T.
2 hours ago, Renim said:

the fifteen minute meta rule is overboard. i shouldnt have to wait fifteen minutes to go do gang shit when im tired of playing cop:PJSalt::PJSalt::PJSalt:

If it's on a different server, you're not required to wait the 15 mins. It's a very logical approach to a common problem we have on Olympus. 

The majority of this handbook update is simply common sense reform.

Guest G.O.A.T.

The request should originate from the civilian, not the officer. Do not harass/bug civilians to add charges or let you lethal them.

Added to the handbook to more clearly state what we are looking for. Don't go around asking everyone you see if you can add charges to them. 

21 hours ago, G.O.A.T. said:
    1. If a civilian gives an officer consent to do something (searching, ticketing, lethaling, etc.) the officer is allowed to do so.

1. You can add 1 extra charge at most.

2. This can only affect the civilian who grants consent.

Are PO's and up only allowed to add an extra charge, if requested? Just double checking.

• Senior Developer
1 hour ago, Kanyn said:

Are PO's and up only allowed to add an extra charge, if requested? Just double checking.

Correct you can't harass or bug the civ to get them to give you consent

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
21 hours ago, G.O.A.T. said:

1. If a civilian gives an officer consent to do something (searching, ticketing, lethaling, etc.) the officer is allowed to do so.

Im sure that im in the minority here, but I don't like the idea of granting lethals upon request because in real life a cop would never kill a person that's being arrested just because they request it, also a cops duty is to uphold the law and have preservation of life which I feel honoring their request to kill them would go against it. This may also diminish the role-play in processing where people usually try to put on good stories for a reduced ticket or a pardon, but now if they see a corporal they will beg for a lethal without regard for their own life because they can just respawn. 

Guest G.O.A.T.
Just now, Bloodmoon said:

Im sure that im in the minority here, but I don't like the idea of granting lethals upon request because in real life a cop would never kill a person that's being arrested just because they request it, also a cops duty is to uphold the law and have preservation of life which I feel honoring their request to kill them would go against it. This may also diminish the role-play in processing where people usually try to put on good stories for a reduced ticket or a pardon, but now if they see a corporal they will beg for a lethal without regard for their own life because they can just respawn. 

Not everything in this game is comparable to real life. On your second point, there is a significant difference in the monetary reward for lethaling vs. sending to jail. Like I've said previously, this is mainly intended for situations AFTER processing where the guy just wants a free respawn, but can be used in the situation that you mentioned.

3 hours ago, Bloodmoon said:

Not to mention the fact that, IF you want to you can but you dont HAVE to lethal them if they request it, its up to the officer.

Just to be clear here, if I were a corporal or higher and someone asked me to lethal them (they are already in cuffs and not processed yet) I can basically execute them as a sort of last wish without processing them or anything? So they walk away from jail and I get $$$$?? Sounds lit if it so.

16 minutes ago, coopacarp said:

Just to be clear here, if I were a corporal or higher and someone asked me to lethal them (they are already in cuffs and not processed yet) I can basically execute them as a sort of last wish without processing them or anything? So they walk away from jail and I get $$$$?? Sounds lit if it so.

Good luck getting a reply from the chief he won't  even play aram with me anymore useless dickhead

Guest G.O.A.T.
57 minutes ago, coopacarp said:

Not how it's intended. If you have someone to process, just do it normally. No need to be a cunt about it.

On 8/31/2017 at 11:44 AM, G.O.A.T. said:

If it's on a different server, you're not required to wait the 15 mins. It's a very logical approach to a common problem we have on Olympus. 

Yes I know this would be meta-gaming, but I feel like that rule should stay intact between servers as well. But like before, it's decision and I respect that. 

Lets say you are on civ server 1, you see gang 1 talking about doing a blackwater on server 2 in sidechat, so you hop to server 2 cop knowingly there is going to be a blackwater on the server. 

9 minutes ago, falcon said:

Yes I know this would be meta-gaming, but I feel like that rule should stay intact between servers as well. But like before, it's decision and I respect that. 

Lets say you are on civ server 1, you see gang 1 talking about doing a blackwater on server 2 in sidechat, so you hop to server 2 cop knowingly there is going to be a blackwater on the server. 

Why would they talk about a server 2 black water on server 1 over side chat. This is literally the definition of a special circumstance that would fall under "common sense". 

• Like 1
  • Head Admin
16 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Why would they talk about a server 2 black water on server 1 over side chat. This is literally the definition of a special circumstance that would fall under "common sense". 

Common sense is the rarest thing in the universe.

• Like 2
Guest G.O.A.T.
46 minutes ago, falcon said:

Technically speaking, I would believe that the party doing the BW and saying they're gonna do it in sidechat would be grounds for possible meta-gaming. In no way shape or form should you be at fault for their stupidity.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:25 AM, Peta said:

2. why would anyone ask to add an extra bounty on them? 

if someone has a 2+mil bounty and they go to jail their bounty already caps out at 2 mil so they can ask to get charges added to give the cops more money!!! thats my understanding atleast