War Point Market Wipe

War Point Market Wipe?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe war points prior to the war market releasing? - Please read topic first, then vote

• Yes - Wipe war points
    • No - Do not wipe war points

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok so i think we should wipe warpoints due to the points you just gave because people like trident Kev will have access to high shit immidietly and he already has everything there is to get on the server tbh, If it is to be wiped and a clean fresh start everybody can have a good fair chance at buying what ever will be on war points market. I also think that nothing should be to underpriced what ever you guys are adding to the WP market it shouldnt be so low for say some like lvl 5 vest that you can only get from BW if things like that are on it , yes it would take longer to get war points but it would incourage more gang warfare and it just shows you want to work hard for the gear you want by killing enemy gangs and just saving up war points for somthing good like the example i gave. 

Notice that i said EXAMPLE.

I'd honestly like for anyone to name 1 valid exploit that skewed these numbers so hard it warrants a reset.

The 2 I can think of both were resolved very quickly and the points that were exploited were taken away.

It blows my mind that you release this system promising this market, then after people have grinded for months in anticipation, you considering taking it away for no good reason.

Don't give me the bull shit about killing in restraints. Staff explicitly said this would be okay, then changed there mind sometime later, therefor, THOSE POINTS ARE LEGITIMATE YOU APES

The fact is that some people have more free time to play the game, or spend a lot of time on the game compared to others. I haven't been able to play Arma for about 2 months due to computer issues (new computer due in about a week) and do you see me complaining about my amount of warpoints compared to others? No. I earned those. You earn what you work for. People play this game for hours a day at cartels getting these warpoints. They should be rewarded. They didn't exploit (if they had they would've been caught. and like above, the points would have been deducted.) 

So please, anyone. Show me 1 person in that top list of names who exploited (legitimately) for their warpoints. 1 person.

Oh you can't.

• Like 4

I don't want the war points to be reset in all honesty, but I do remember when they first come out, a lot of gangs grouping up and killing each other in a way which earned them warpoints. I don't know the status on how that was dealt with, and if it was dealt with. At the end of the day, the majority of the points people earned were done through hard work and were legit. 

I do however like the idea of having the people over X amount of points having them reduced by the calculation that someone suggested. The square root x10 I think it was.

This is just my opinion. I am delaying my vote until a third, or more, option has been added to the vote.

5 hours ago, TheRealKyle said:

I'd honestly like for anyone to name 1 valid exploit that skewed these numbers so hard it warrants a reset.

The 2 I can think of both were resolved very quickly and the points that were exploited were taken away.

It blows my mind that you release this system promising this market, then after people have grinded for months in anticipation, you considering taking it away for no good reason.

Don't give me the bull shit about killing in restraints. Staff explicitly said this would be okay, then changed there mind sometime later, therefor, THOSE POINTS ARE LEGITIMATE YOU APES

The fact is that some people have more free time to play the game, or spend a lot of time on the game compared to others. I haven't been able to play Arma for about 2 months due to computer issues (new computer due in about a week) and do you see me complaining about my amount of warpoints compared to others? No. I earned those. You earn what you work for. People play this game for hours a day at cartels getting these warpoints. They should be rewarded. They didn't exploit (if they had they would've been caught. and like above, the points would have been deducted.) 

So please, anyone. Show me 1 person in that top list of names who exploited (legitimately) for their warpoints. 1 person.

Oh you can't.

i just busted a nut reading this. 

18 hours ago, Jesse said:

Also, if anyone is aware of something that they think is not functioning properly now is the time to share that information.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but it mainly only happens when you get more than 1 kill in a short period of time....basically you get a double or triple kill and you somehow manage to lose the warpoints you get.

for instance you have 34 warpoints kill 1 guy u get 2 warpoints says you now have 36, kill another it says you get another 4 but you instead go down to 34 again...

and will we be able to see our war points at the stats menu or something instead of having to kill a gang member youre at war with to find out how much you have? Or are we leaving it like what it is right now where we cant see the number of warpoints we have?

Going to go ahead and close this poll. Staff has come to a consensus. Feel free to keep leaving your thoughts or any ideas that you would liked added/changed to the war system.

4 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but it mainly only happens when you get more than 1 kill in a short period of time....basically you get a double or triple kill and you somehow manage to lose the warpoints you get.

for instance you have 34 warpoints kill 1 guy u get 2 warpoints says you now have 36, kill another it says you get another 4 but you instead go down to 34 again...

and will we be able to see our war points at the stats menu or something instead of having to kill a gang member youre at war with to find out how much you have? Or are we leaving it like what it is right now where we cant see the number of warpoints we have?

Yes, this is simply due to the server and the dead guys pc basically opening up 3 "threads", essentially running 3 versions of the same script to process those 3 kills. So depending on how quickly it could run those scripts to keep up it would display an "outdated" output or mathematically wrong statement to you. However the actual numbers in the DB were correct. This has been shown/proven a few times now to people in their complaining status updates. Hence why it was removed on August 10th... so I'm assuming you haven't been playing much since it no longer even outputs how many points you have. Since the script was running an additional two queries to the database to get just simply your total and at the end of the day was more hassle then it was worth. 

Here's how a single war kill gets processed:

1. The dead guy dies
  2. Dead guy fetches killers primary, secondary, sidearm, vest, uniform, position
  3. Dead guy fetches his own of the above ^
  4. Dead guy processes a "gear score" for both of those above.
  5. Dead guy passes scores to the server
  6. Server verifies data to all be there
  7. Server ensures no negatives
  8. Server calculates the kill distance and applies bonus
  9. Server verifies that the player wasn't killed by the same killer in last 15 minutes
    1. Server adds the player uids to an array to verify on next kill
  10. Server then sends 7 pieces of data to the database to be processed by a stored procedure that does the adding/subtracting
  11. WHILE #10 is occurring the server broadcasts messages to the killer/dead about how many points they got
  12. A log of the kill is sent to the log file(s)

Yes, when in the shop it'll pop a hint window up displaying how many points you have to spend as well as after each purchase it tells you how many you have left. Probably going to change it to display up in the red header or something. Gotta remove dollar signs as well.
7f93a73ed7196c2587c511e1620104d9.jpg

55 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes, this is simply due to the server and the dead guys pc basically opening up 3 "threads", essentially running 3 versions of the same script to process those 3 kills. So depending on how quickly it could run those scripts to keep up it would display an "outdated" output or mathematically wrong statement to you. However the actual numbers in the DB were correct. This has been shown/proven a few times now to people in their complaining status updates. Hence why it was removed on August 10th... so I'm assuming you haven't been playing much since it no longer even outputs how many points you have. Since the script was running an additional two queries to the database to get just simply your total and at the end of the day was more hassle then it was worth. 

1. The dead guy dies
  2. Dead guy fetches killers primary, secondary, sidearm, vest, uniform, position
  9. Server verifies that the player wasn't killed by the same killer in last 15 minutes
  10. Server then sends 7 pieces of data to the database to be processed by a stored procedure that does the adding/subtracting
  11. WHILE #10 is occurring the server broadcasts messages to the killer/dead about how many points they got

Yes, when in the shop it'll pop a hint window up displaying how many points you have to spend as well as after each purchase it tells you how many you have left. Probably going to change it to display up in the red header or something. Gotta remove dollar signs as well.

Don't wanna rush you but eta on this?

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

1. The dead guy dies

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if I were to have all the war points I have now (643) I would technically be rich and a walking bank? Nice to know I'm only getting 100!

5 minutes ago, Proud said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if I were to have all the war points I have now (643) I would technically be rich and a walking bank? Nice to know I'm only getting 100!

What makes you assume that? Because the picture I have has just some random shit I threw in for testing purposes? Like you really think a sting is going in there?
d6b8e04a9849eeb692f389f88e1845f2.png

Just now, Jesse said:

What makes you assume that? Because the picture I have has just some random shit I threw in for testing purposes? Like you really think a sting is going in there?

Oh lol xd

Just now, Jesse said:

Make warpoint shop only sting and I'll sink my bank in to suicide vests.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, TheRealKyle said:

+1

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Hence why it was removed on August 10th... so I'm assuming you haven't been playing much since it no longer even outputs how many points you have.

6 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Or are we leaving it like what it is right now where we cant see the number of warpoints we have?

I still play xD

Thanks for answering my questions

On 12/9/2017 at 3:36 PM, Xeltini said:

Or anyone under 100 keeps their war points and anyone over 100 gets a square root applied. So take the square root of how many they have then multiply that by 10 to give you a reduced number. An example using myself. Take the square root of 244 then multiply by 10 to give myself 156 war points. 

I approve this

On 9/12/2017 at 1:58 PM, Aunt Jemima said:

I mean if the war points system is also getting fixed meaning it will work properly then I think resetting the war points makes sense, although people worked hard to earn those so why not simply cut everyone's war points in half so that people still get somewhat what they deserve instead of losing it all? That way most people wont have access to all the good gear instantly and will still have to work towards it. 

10/10