Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

War Point Market Wipe

War Point Market Wipe?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe war points prior to the war market releasing? - Please read topic first, then vote

• Yes - Wipe war points
    • No - Do not wipe war points

This poll is closed to new votes

The developers and staff are currently working on the market to spend points on. Some questions have popped up and we would like your opinion as to whether or not the current war points should be wiped once the market gets released. 

As it stands, here are the current standings: 

Spoiler

5277379af48c929ff64bee62a67a3af3.png&key

Now, these points have not been touched since the original release of war. Not calling anyone out, but this means that an amount of points in here are obtained illegitimately due to boosting, scripting errors, or even just points given for things that were given a rule change later (like killing in restraints). Another con of not wiping the points would be that people have access to some of the higher value items almost immediately. 

We know that this does not mean everyone didn't work hard for their points.  We don't want to discourage anyone from playing by wiping war points. The entire point of this is to reward players for fighting. 

Of course another alternative is to find a compromise. Please feel free to leave any questions/suggestions below. 

• Like 5

i think to make it fair for all we should reset the points, specially if they havent been reset at all since the start of war points! Obvs people will be abit butt hurt over losing all their points but as the server is all about equality and giving everyone the same playing field its only fair to start from 0 now that we will know what we can spend our points on.

Resetting the points could also promote gang fighting to come back more active as people will now want all the best gear possible.

• Like 3

I mean if the war points system is also getting fixed meaning it will work properly then I think resetting the war points makes sense, although people worked hard to earn those so why not simply cut everyone's war points in half so that people still get somewhat what they deserve instead of losing it all? That way most people wont have access to all the good gear instantly and will still have to work towards it. 

• Kreygasm 1

I would prefer it didnt get wiped. It is not our fault that most gangs need an incentive to war or just suck too much to get kills. Everybody has had equal chance to get warpoints since they came out.

19 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

i think to make it fair for all we should reset the points, specially if they havent been reset at all since the start of war points! Obvs people will be abit butt hurt over losing all their points but as the server is all about equality and giving everyone the same playing field its only fair to start from 0 now that we will know what we can spend our points on.

Resetting the points could also promote gang fighting to come back more active as people will now want all the best gear possible.

I dont understand what you mean by giving everyone the same playing field. Like bitch u been knowing that the warpoint market would eventually come out. It is not our fault that u guys didnt wanna fight us and war us.

• Like 5
  • TriHard 1
2 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

The developers and staff are currently working on the market to spend points on. Some questions have popped up and we would like your opinion as to whether or not the current war points should be wiped once the market gets released. 

As it stands, here are the current standings: 

Hide contents

5277379af48c929ff64bee62a67a3af3.png&key

Now, these points have not been touched since the original release of war. Not calling anyone out, but this means that an amount of points in here are obtained illegitimately due to boosting, scripting errors, or even just points given for things that were given a rule change later (like killing in restraints). Another con of not wiping the points would be that people have access to some of the higher value items almost immediately. 

We know that this does not mean everyone didn't work hard for their points.  We don't want to discourage anyone from playing by wiping war points. The entire point of this is to reward players for fighting. 

Of course another alternative is to find a compromise. Please feel free to leave any questions/suggestions below. 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO LET ME HIT 1k

51 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

U ARE ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY RIGHT I WILL BE BUTT HURT

42 minutes ago, jwilly said:

I would prefer it didnt get wiped. It is not our fault that most gangs need an incentive to war or just suck too much to get kills. Everybody has had equal chance to get warpoints since they came out.

I dont understand what you mean by giving everyone the same playing field. Like bitch u been knowing that the warpoint market would eventually come out. It is not our fault that u guys didnt wanna fight us and war us.

Exactly everyone knew it would comeout now every shitter that isn't the list will say yes lets wipe it which makes no fucking sense the only reason warpoints came was because of the market and everyone had the same oportunities and time to get their warpoints reseting them would just be aids asf. ps : don't think anyone is that much of a nerd to boost their warpoints but whatever...

43 minutes ago, jwilly said:

+1 no wipe pls 

Please stop the dick comparing and keep the post on topic....

Also, if anyone is aware of something that they think is not functioning properly now is the time to share that information.

The current way awards you based on how both players are geared as well as adding in a distance bonus. You can only get awarded every 15 minutes for the same player. To prevent people from farming revive kills.

1 minute ago, RogueMK said:

from what i remember it wasnt the fact we DIDNT want to fight you, it was more that everytime we did fight you guys it always turned into some aids shit. either we'd get sick of your shit and end the war and same with you guys, you bitched when we started vigi'ing you and then also ended wars. it worked both ways. we could never have a simple straight forward fight without either no NLR or some sort of camping gang sheds n all that stupid shit.
tbh if you think you are that good at this game then it wont take you long to regain the points back now would it? or you worried to show how washed up you are now lol jks

I disagree because I enjoy every fight with prime, they may have ended war with trident because some of us vigi when bored but I still do enjoy fighting them, at the end of the day it's all fun and just a game, but if any gang rank 4+ in prime is looking at this pls war will suck.

@TheCmdrRex is there any way you can see ur k/d for war kills and deaths, what I mean is total kills and death. Example - Proud - 123 kills 89 deaths 

28 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

tbh if you think you are that good at this game then it wont take you long to regain the points back now would it? or you worried to show how washed up you are now lol jks

No just the fact that there are barely fights anymore. 

• Like 1

@TheCmdrRex@Jesse

You shouldn't even have a vote for this, of course everyone who isn't on the list and/or not high enough on the list is gonna want them reset. For example, top 3 which is me, tiger, and haze, we all worked hard for our points, while other people who want them wiped probably don't get war kills and they're salty. Just think of it, the list is only so big, but the people not on the list is 20x more people that are on the list, and those 20x are going to want these points to get wiped. I'm just saying its unfair to us who actually put work into this and months of work is just gonna go down the drain.

• Like 1