Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Rules Conspiracy (Alex Jones Approves)

So tonight I was going through the civilian rules after getting a comp or ban text, ya know, just confirming that [PMW] doesn't know what RDM really is, when I realized that Chapter 20 is missing. I thought it's quite odd that something so serious and meticulously crafted as the Olympus Altis Life rules would have an entire chapter hidden by mistake...

Then it all clicked. Chapter 20 must be the section where all the grey areas are clarified!

It probably specifies that it is STILL breaking NLR to shoot into the area the player previously died from over 1km away, or specifically states the size of the red zone surrounding cartels so I don't have to ask Dante Fluery like an idiot if I can snipe people at southeast airfield from construction building cartel. Maybe it even says that robbers may not force a player to remove money from their ATM which would have saved me about $2 million in my Kavala scat days when people with PDWs and sandals looked intimidating to me.

What do you all think should be clarified/added in the rules? I vote they explicitly grant players permission to shoot their gang members in the face if they're acting like a bunch of daft chimpanzees. Remember the Governor in The Walking Dead?

What other things could be contained inside Chapter 20? Why Sergeants can swallow three 7.62 rounds to the mouth like they're popping tic tacs? The way to dupe money and not get caught? Why in the hell I couldn't turn my upgraded SUV from silver to black for a damn decade? I demand to see inside the hidden chapter. @AnyAdminEver

23 minutes ago, iPwnR said:

So tonight I was going through the civilian rules after getting a comp or ban text, ya know, just confirming that [PMW] doesn't know what RDM really is, when I realized that Chapter 20 is missing. I thought it's quite odd that something so serious and meticulously crafted as the Olympus Altis Life rules would have an entire chapter hidden by mistake...

Then it all clicked. Chapter 20 must be the section where all the grey areas are clarified!

It probably specifies that it is STILL breaking NLR to shoot into the area the player previously died from over 1km away, or specifically states the size of the red zone surrounding cartels so I don't have to ask Dante Fluery like an idiot if I can snipe people at southeast airfield from construction building cartel. Maybe it even says that robbers may not force a player to remove money from their ATM which would have saved me about $2 million in my Kavala scat days when people with PDWs and sandals looked intimidating to me.

What do you all think should be clarified/added in the rules? I vote they explicitly grant players permission to shoot their gang members in the face if they're acting like a bunch of daft chimpanzees. Remember the Governor in The Walking Dead?

What other things could be contained inside Chapter 20? Why Sergeants can swallow three 7.62 rounds to the mouth like they're popping tic tacs? The way to dupe money and not get caught? Why in the hell I couldn't turn my upgraded SUV from silver to black for a damn decade? I demand to see inside the hidden chapter. @AnyAdminEver

To help u out, shooting into the NLR Zone, aka 1km from where u previously died, is considered bannable as NLR is supposed to not get u near that area. And for the tell people to take money out of their ATMs. You can force up to 50k out of someone's bank account  if you know they have it, example, saw them sell, saw them store, try robbing them and it says they have no money on them. If you know they definetally made over 50k you can get 50k out of their bank account, obviously if they comply. I hope this helped you out in any way. Also about the shooting ur gang members, everyone does it.

Proud thanks for the reply about the grey areas, but I think you also validated my slightly humorous attempt to raise awareness for the fact that community members have to post on the forums about non-specific rules to find out that they can be banned for things that aren't common sense. I know that since the beginning of Olympus, this has already been improved greatly.

I've seen bans issued for things that I would have done wrong too in the right circumstance, despite reading through the entire rulebook multiple times a week to test new members of my gang. It's a bit wonky. Also how is screaming in direct chat while running up a tower not considered an exploit since it is done to intentionally cause tower lag, as well as breaking Chapter 6 of the civilian rules regarding mic spam? I love the server but getting ear raped as someone teleports up staircases can be a bit aggravating.

The whole purpose of “New Life Rule” is exactly that - you are supposed to start a new life, and not affect ANYTHING within the 1 km radius of where you died.

1 minute ago, iPwnR said:

I've seen bans issued for things that I would have done wrong too in the right circumstance, despite reading through the entire rulebook multiple times a week to test new members of my gang. It's a bit wonky. Also how is screaming in direct chat while running up a tower not considered an exploit since it is done to intentionally cause tower lag, as well as breaking Chapter 6 of the civilian rules regarding mic spam? I love the server but getting ear raped as someone teleports up staircases can be a bit aggravating.

Tower lag is something that players don’t really have control over, as well as it is a case by case situation. That is why we don’t list it as a server rule. 

37 minutes ago, iPwnR said:

Proud thanks for the reply about the grey areas, but I think you also validated my slightly humorous attempt to raise awareness for the fact that community members have to post on the forums about non-specific rules to find out that they can be banned for things that aren't common sense. I know that since the beginning of Olympus, this has already been improved greatly.

Tower lag is something you can't do on purpose. Some people might want tower lag to happen but they can't control it. It's something Jesse can't fix. Tower lag is not exploiting and if u get wrongfully banned for it then submit a ban appeal. Obviously people don't because they most likely did break a rule so there is the answer to ur problem.

2 hours ago, iPwnR said:

You know all those secret files that everybody thinks the president has access to? Like in National Treasure: Book of Secrets....

That's what is inside of chapter 20.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Tower lag is something that players don’t really have control over, as well as it is a case by case situation. That is why we don’t list it as a server rule. 

+1 really good admin! He understands that I'm such a shitter, I have to use tower lag to get killz!111!!!1 BW WINS AGAIN!111!1!1!1:Kappa: @iPwnR @TheCmdrRex

4 hours ago, Ares said:

If we told you we would have to kill you

What if I told you we're all dead on the inside :FeelsBad:

22 minutes ago, mur said:

+1 really good admin! He understands that I'm such a shitter, I have to use tower lag to get killz!111!!!1 BW WINS AGAIN!111!1!1!1:Kappa: @iPwnR @TheCmdrRex

What if I told you we're all dead on the inside :FeelsBad:

59eff0e944b6e_ShitterForumTag.png.636e1a951c6f67c418f7b952557c9da6.png