Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Got a change I want to happen.

Getting names.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should the range finders be able to get names from 800m?

9 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

The current name system definitely has some flaws that should be changed. I shouldn't have to keep my rangefinders on an orca going 300km/h for 3 seconds to get a name

Open to suggestions.  I, too, am not entirely pleased with how it functions at the moment.  Definitely needs some tuning so feedback is welcome.

5 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Open to suggestions.  I, too, am not entirely pleased with how it functions at the moment.  Definitely needs some tuning so feedback is welcome.

-Maybe limit it to 500m for 2 seconds

-I'm not sure if getting helicopter names works at all, since i had the rangefinder on an autohovering mohawk for over 10s (I counted edit I think I was 700m away). I guess it was because I was on the ground, but I think the range at which a name is detected should be determined by where what you are trying to detect is, in relation to you.

--So if you are looking for a person's name, it is a shorter distance than looking for a helicopter's name, even if you are on the ground in both scenarios. If it is already like this, then it is broken.

Edited by UKN
added a meter distance to mohawk range
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Kurt said:

I don’t see the problem with just making the nametag appear instantly instead of waiting as thats how it is when you see someone without using range finders

• Carrot Kid
46 minutes ago, Orgondo said:

Yeahhhhh lets not go back to Prewipe days where you tila key the horizon to find something to rob.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be that easy to get a name, however, perfectly tracking a heli or plane that's low/close and travelling fast for 3 seconds is hard. If you have rangefinders/titan out, I see no problem with instantly getting the name of an air vehicle that's within a few km. It's still going to be easier to locate a heli at this range by using your eyes anyway.

• Downvote 1