Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

So this dude today took me hostage, drove me 4 minutes to a black market that had just been captured.. plowed the car all the way up to the door jumped out and ran... which led to everyone in the black market turning me into swiss cheese.  He did it intentionally, but it's hard to prove other than .. why take me to a black market?  

Is this fail RP?

I don't find any fault at all with the people who killed me, as it was a red zone and they had no way at all of knowing I was restrained and not a threat.  The guy created the situation to skirt the rules of  not being able to kill me.  

Edited by anti
Clarification

Ok, so I get killed by an enemy gang member.  I dont request revive for 10 mins.. by this time dudes killed already, areas cleared.. i request a medic, closest is 21km away.  He denied by third party.  Is this allowed?  If so, what's to stop me from messaging r&r and denying revive to everyone on the map that dies that I dont like? 

• Senior Admin

From the medic perspective we are not allowed to deny you for no reason.

With that being said there are hundreds of reasons you could have been denied by 3rd party, perhaps the APD denied service to that area, maybe the medic died there recently and so all medics are avoiding the area because of the possible threat / NLR, the guy might have sent a text to the R&R, the medic really has no way to know if it's clear or not unless someone tells them, or it might have been that all medics where hostage at the time so they are sending denials so that people don't wait on a medic that isn't coming, It could have been a miss click or a wrong name, I could go on. The only way to know for sure is to ask the medic that issued the denial. 

on denying everyone on the map

A player needs to specify who they are denying and who is enforcing the threat, I wouldn't consider everyone on the map a valid denial. One could try and say I am denying this list of people I don't like but the denial is only valid for so long and if that person isn't near them and can't prove they are a valid threat most medics aren't going to listen.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

If i called someone a "stupid ass nigga" and they say im gonna report u to the cops and they respond ingame is that initiation w the cops?

its happend b4 and i almost got banned 😮 so yes or no?

Edited by PPhantom
10 minutes ago, FinnyNickel said:

Am I aloud to rob the pharmaceutical truck with tow hooks or no. Or if it's just not possible.

1. I don't think the server actually allows you to tow hook a pharma truck. I don't think it's actually possible.

2. If you're able to tow hook the pharma truck, don't do it. I guarantee it's not supposed to be that way. It's 100% meant to be driven.

Good luck doing pharmas!

Can somebody please explain to me the wave rule for APD because I can't seem to find it in the rules. I just feel like it's impossible for a small gang like mine to beat the cops when they just respawn and come back within 20 seconds.

8 minutes ago, FinnyNickel said:

Can somebody please explain to me the wave rule for APD because I can't seem to find it in the rules. I just feel like it's impossible for a small gang like mine to beat the cops when they just respawn and come back within 20 seconds.

When they are responding to a situation in a red zone cops must wait till they all die before they can depart from the hq and must be done all at once. So you as a civ  will have some time to leave the area while they have to drive back. but this rule doesnt apply if you arent in a redzone, so they can just come back each time they spawn in

Edited by Caleb Snackbar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, Monks said:

So if pissing on someone is initiation if someone is spangled and I shift 6 to teabag they're head and roleplay shit in their mouth is that engagement?

That’s a good time is what that is 

• 3 months later...

So my gang is doing an illegal run and we pull up to the processing station. I hear one of my members yell out that another gang is there to include their armed jeep. Shortly after that I see in the server chat that both of the rival gang members leave the game.

My team processes the drugs and about 5-10 minutes later you see them join back. I look around as I'm providing overwatch and do not see anyone in the area. Approximately 15-20 minutes later they jump in their trucks and start them up only to be shot by the guys who joined back. 

If they leave the game but dont join the other server and wait a few minutes before joining back allowing some of the drugs to be processed without risk of being spotted, is this getting around the ghosting rule? 

If they really did join the other server and ghosted, how does one prove that someone did that? Is there a way for staff to check around that time frame if they joined the other server?

1 hour ago, s3an1 said:

So my gang is doing an illegal run and we pull up to the processing station. I hear one of my members yell out that another gang is there to include their armed jeep. Shortly after that I see in the server chat that both of the rival gang members leave the game.

My team processes the drugs and about 5-10 minutes later you see them join back. I look around as I'm providing overwatch and do not see anyone in the area. Approximately 15-20 minutes later they jump in their trucks and start them up only to be shot by the guys who joined back. 

If they leave the game but dont join the other server and wait a few minutes before joining back allowing some of the drugs to be processed without risk of being spotted, is this getting around the ghosting rule? 

If they really did join the other server and ghosted, how does one prove that someone did that? Is there a way for staff to check around that time frame if they joined the other server?

s2 is closed, so that's not really possible if this happened after 5:30 AM EST and before 5:30 PM EST.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this has probably been asked before. If you kill someone who you are engaged with and that person is tagged with other people obviously they share engagment but what if the guy you shoots gets resed. Can you shoot him on the spot because your still engaged as soon as he gets up.

Ps. its given that there are other gang members that are shooting at you with the same tags as the guy getting up. hence why you would still be in engagment with the person who was downed.