Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

What @McDili and all staff are saying is this:

- If you shoot at some scrub in Kavala with a rook without engagement and miss, they return fire, then you kill them, that is RDM for skirting rules

- If you shoot at someone tires WHILE THEY ARE IN VEHICLE without engagement, and they get out and shoot at you, and you kill them, that is RDM for skirting rules

The reason is this, you initiated shooting at them without RP. The fact that its a car or tires is irrelevant, its the fact you fired 'reasonable' at them and then killed them without engagement. There is NO BAN for 'Attempted RDM' - however the player you attempted to RDM is allowed to defend themselves...if you continue to shoot at them, your initial engagement was against the rules, therefor until the engagement is over (5 mins of no exchange of fire or chase) you are NOT allowed to kill them since your part in the engagement was initiated by breaking rules...

________

Think of it this way (this analogy is for @Dante )

In hockey - if i cross the blue line (engagement) before the puck, I am offsides (or breaking the rules), but I am ok, as long as i or my teammates don't touch the puck until i cross back over the blue line (engagement over). Then I am allowed to cross the blue line again and attack the puck (engage) within the rules.

• Like 3

Are you allowed to blow a vehicle up that is parked inside the fed with an rpg? For example, there is a truck inside bomb dome which is obviously going to be used to transport the gold, can you blow it up in order to prevent them from transporting the gold since that would technically not be blowing it up for no reason?

• Like 1
  • Hmm 2
6 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

explain why. cause there multiple occasions and no one was ever banned. the classic " there is no such thing as attempted rdm."

Sorry lemme rephrase it*

If you shoot someones tires before engaging, then engage them and kill them, you were skirting engagement to put yourself in an advantage. 

• Hmm 1
3 minutes ago, kev said:

If you pop someones house window and yell in game "im fucking jumping through this window" then jump through is it considered exploiting?

yes - its not an intended mechanic and gave you a tactical advantage

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Is taking an enemy gang member from the cops then unrestraining them to shoot them fail RP?

If all cops are killed around an enemy gang member/civ and you take him and unrestrain him can you then taze him and vigi him?

Can you vigi someone and rob their truck or is it still considered robbing the player?

Edited by kev
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, kev said:

Is taking an enemy gang member from the cops then unrestraining them to shoot them fail RP?

Yes that is still considered fail RP - its basically an assisted combat log 

3 minutes ago, kev said:

If all cops are killed around an enemy gang member/civ and you take him and unrestrain him can you then taze him and vigi him?

No - in this case you are taking someone APD has captures, just because you unrestrain them, engage, taze and restrain them doesnt mean they are no longer APD's suspect. This would be considered Vigi abuse.

4 minutes ago, kev said:

Can you vigi someone and rob their truck or is it still considered robbing the player?

Yes - this is still robbing technically robbing the player.

1 minute ago, MAV said:

Yes that is still considered fail RP - its basically an assisted combat log 

No - in this case you are taking someone APD has captures, just because you unrestrain them, engage, taze and restrain them doesnt mean they are no longer APD's suspect. This would be considered Vigi abuse.

Yes - this is still robbing technically robbing the player.

so you are meant to leave a truck there and let it despawn? what if someone rolls up and steals it? vigi abuse?

Just now, kev said:

so you are meant to leave a truck there and let it despawn? what if someone rolls up and steals it? vigi abuse?

you memer - if your concerned of it getting robbed call apd or R&r to have it impounded otherwise, not your problem

17 minutes ago, kev said:

If you pop someones house window and yell in game "im fucking jumping through this window" then jump through is it considered exploiting?

@Grandma Gary Already said this is fine I told you this you fucking knuckle dragger

• Hmm 1
2 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

this never made sense. i want warpoints and the death of enemies not to live.

if your taking someone in restraints your responsible for releasing them safely... if your intent is to kidnap someone from the cops to kill them, they are your hostage now... you must then release them in a safe manor

2 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

@Grandma Gary Already said this is fine I told you this you fucking knuckle dragger

from my understanding if you jump through a window to get into a locked house that is exploiting to gain an unfair tactical advantage

1 minute ago, [AN] King said:

if i am fighting an opposing gang and cops show up and restrain the opposing the civs and put them in a position where i can kill them, i am. I dont see why its fail rp

this is an RP light server, cant kill an enemy gang member (or anyone) in restraints... unless....its....cross....fire............. with the police or someone around them

i mean i think this is not true at all, but the fact is that enemy member is now unable to defend themselves... should have killed them before the cops got them... there is a reason why an enemy gang members name no longer appears red once in restraints...its to help with this confusion.

18 minutes ago, MAV said:

if your taking someone in restraints your responsible for releasing them safely... if your intent is to kidnap someone from the cops to kill them, they are your hostage now... you must then release them in a safe manor

from my understanding if you jump through a window to get into a locked house that is exploiting to gain an unfair tactical advantage

Role play "I am breaking this window and jumping through" 

1 minute ago, DeadPool said:

Role play "I am breaking this window and jumping through" 

Role play - Im jumping on this trampoline, then super jump on a building... still gonna get you banned... RP can only get you so far.... RP im a robot so, using an aimbot should be allowed right?

7 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

if i am fighting someone in warzone or at war with and they are tased they are going to be shot. you say that they are unable to defend themselves, they lost a fight which if it were lethal rounds they would die.

sure but its the cops that tased them (would have killed them) not you, now if you kill them before the cops restrain them your clear...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, MAV said:

Role play - Im jumping on this trampoline, then super jump on a building... still gonna get you banned... RP can only get you so far.... RP im a robot so, using an aimbot should be allowed right?

sure but its the cops that tased them (would have killed them) not you, now if you kill them before the cops restrain them your clear...

That because you are hitting a curb and flying 50 meters high.  Shooting a window and walking through seems more realistic 

3 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

That because you are hitting a curb and flying 50 meters high.  Shooting a window and walking through seems more realistic 

you ever jump through a broken window? you get cut the fuck up... its not an intended game mechanic... rules clearly state if your exploiting/glitching (which thats a glitch) to gain a tactical advantage (break into someones house without them getting notified) then its bannable. If you do it to evade/escape its bannable. 

If you do it for shits and giggles and gain no advantage, its not... its like super jumping onto buildings...its fine, as long as its not to gain an advantage.

1 minute ago, ScreaM said:

If I say "no homo", is what I did prior to saying that still gay?

Yeah thats still gay, you always need to engage via "No homo" before any experience. engagement last 5 min post "release". If no "release happens then you have a 15 min from last "stroke".

• Like 3