Modded Server?

I'm just curious, how come we haven't tried opening a modded server? I mean... we have the active player-base for it, and it would probably do a lot better than Malden did. Also, money clearly isn't a problem since we meet 100% of the donation goals every month. 

I don't mean to remove the current server, but why not make a #4 white-list?

Thoughts? 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Pledge said:

Hard to develop two different servers at once, lot of stuff we are working on now that would take a backseat

I mean for the future then, the community isn't going anywhere, we got time.

24 minutes ago, Weird Flex But Ok said:

We might end up needing some more staff then since if its gonna be whitelisted its gonna have more active playerbase and more RP.

We have 22 staff members. Doubtful.

A modded server wouldn't work, the developers would have a huge workload due to developing 2 different servers at once and there is also a great chance that the population will be low due to people not wanting to download mods to play. It would be cool to test out to see how it works but it would take super long to get it up and running. They would need to spend more time and resources to make the server which will also decrease the frequency of updates on our current Altis life servers.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, hawk said:

A modded server wouldn't work, the developers would have a huge workload due to developing 2 different servers at once and there is also a great chance that the population will be low due to people not wanting to download mods to play. It would be cool to test out to see how it works but it would take super long to get it up and running. They would need to spend more time and resources to make the server which will also decrease the frequency of updates on our current Altis life servers.

I still think it's worth a shot. We did it with Malden, right?

39 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I still think it's worth a shot. We did it with Malden, right?

You know why Malden was shut down right? Spoiler alert, it wasn't because the server was dead. (it was expected to be dead until it took off)

• Downvote 1
Just now, Hunter said:

True. I didn't say it was dead. I said lets give a modded server a shot. Not now due to all the new stuff, but in the future.

Only way i could see that happening is if there was a completely separate dev team...which wouldnt be easy to assemble. 

• Like 1

I am not against the idea, but i do see many reasons as to why this wouldn't work. We have a developer team that is doing a great job on this server and i understand that there is a lot of stress put on them to output 'amazing content" for the servers. And i understand that developing new ideas and new things isn't easy. Therefore i believe developing a whole new server, will come with a whole new set of ideas, that come with a whole new level of stress. Its not something that the dev team need on their shoulders at the moment. And also, this will involve downloading mods seeing that there are limits to the servers that only allow things that are already in the game to be incorporated into servers on the game. Personally something i'm not willing to do, seeing that i am more than enjoying myself with Olympus's servers.

Just my take on things. 

• Like 1